• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Will using FFTpatcher on War of the Lions replace psp items

Started by ibostyle11, November 26, 2018, 03:25:43 am

ibostyle11

Hi all,

First I'd like to say thanks to those that helped with my questions on modding the PSX version a while back. I've thoroughly enjoyed playing through the version I created. I'm now looking to do a simple rebalance on WotL.

My question is this...

In the battle where Balthier joins he has a mirage vest and a ras algethi. While looking at the ENTD tab I noticed that the patcher didn't show those items on Balthier. If I use this patcher, will it replace them with the items that the patcher shows him having? And if so, is there a way to disable that portion of the patcher?

Raijinili

I believe he's given those items through code that runs just for that battle, so nothing you do in Patcher can break that, short of changing his position in the unit list.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ibostyle11

Ah, so that's what was meant when I read that it's "hardcoded."

Thank you.

Is this also true of the area of effect on the abyssal blade attack? I have no intentions of changing the dark knight abilities, so I just want to make sure that they'll remain as designed despite what the patcher loads for effect area.

Nyzer

Use of the Patcher shouldn't break anything that's already in place for WotL.

If I'm correct, the only thing they did for Abyssal Blade was implement a new Formula for it, but they still use the generic Patcher info. Unlike the new equipment, there were some action slots free, so no WotL action abilities have been roughly hardcoded in place.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ibostyle11

Good to know. Does that mean I can use those new formulas elsewhere? Guess i'll do some testing and find out! Thanks again!