• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:08:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Roll to Doge

Started by Dome, October 14, 2015, 02:15:35 pm

Dome

October 14, 2015, 02:15:35 pm Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:33:52 pm by Dome
Tl;Dr rules:
- You control yourself, writing -one- action per post using this format: > [Command] .
- Any action has a chance of failure or success based on a dice roll. (I roll, not you)
- You can attack other players, or try to become stronger finding items/building stuff/whatever.
- The goal is elimination of the other players by making them Roll to dodge.
- Rolling 1 or 6 usually has tragicomical results.
- If you die, you can't do shit unless you roll a 6.

Quote from: Kokojo on September 09, 2014, 12:19:08 am
Roll to Dodge! is a unique text adventure, in that you don't control one character. You control yourself. Each person that submits an action will be acting of their own accord, on their own character. Characters may interact with the environment and each other any way they wish. Because of this, you may only submit one action per roll. I will take the latest action you submit, and if you accidentally make two actions at once, I will take only the second one. If I catch it before the time I update, however, I'll attempt to leave a warning.

What kind of actions you can perform? Well, first of all, try to avoid doing something too obscene. Outside of that, however, your actions and the consequences are only ruled by two things: Your imagination, and these:

That's right! When I update every day, I will be rolling a die. This is part of the reason behind why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" Any action you make has a chance of failure or success based on the outcome of a 1d6 roll. Here's a breakdown of what happens:

1 - Epic Fail: The exact opposite happens
2 - Fail: You fail to complete the action
3 - Troubling Success: You complete the action, however not without trouble or damage.
4 - Success: You complete the action. That's it.
5 - Perfect Success: You complete the action well enough that you receive a boost from the outcome
6 - Overshoot: You complete the action so utterly thoroughly that something unintended happens.

Of course, the other part of the reason why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" is because you also have to dodge things. Players may attack one another, and the Environment (as well as any denizens of which) may attack players of their own free will as well. If you are attacked, I will automatically roll for your character. Here is a breakdown of how the roll affects you:

1 - Fatal Wound: You die
2 - Serious Wound: If attacked again within the next two turns, if you roll a 3 or lower, you will die.
3 - Grazed Wound: Your suffer a penalty.
4 - Graze Clothing: You take no damage, Nothing happens
5 - Graze Score: Your evade and gain something.
6 - Counter: The attack will - If a player - be forced to roll to dodge, or if part of the environment, be destroied/defeated.

/shamelessly copy-pasted.

Additionnal rules :
- You control only your own character
- You can submit (almost) any action.
- The goal is elimination of the other players by making them Roll to dodge!
- Once you're dead, you can still ''attempt'' to play, but it will do nothing unless you roll a 6.
- You wake up in a grassy field, and >wake up should be your first action.
- You may get items or boons to help you, those will be kept. Seeking bonuses may very well give you some.
- Attacks are usually restricted to one person at a time, unless you get a certain boon/item. This is to make my life easier.

Btw, all commands should look like this

"> [Command]"

> Build a Mecha for fighthing:
1: You deconstruct your petting hand. (-1 to next roll)
2: You forget how to make things.
3: You make the mech, but it's not sturdy and falls on you. (-1 to next roll, you get a broken mech.)
4: You make a battle mech and he's pretty neat! (You get Battlemech : Can't roll a 2 while attacking.)
5: You make the mech and the magical killer fairy helped you, resulting in a killing machine! (You get SuperBattleMech : Can't roll a 1 or 2 while attacking.)
6: You make the Battlemech, however the AI is too developed and it sees you as a threat, and begins shooting at you!

(thus, the 6 would bring up those options :)
ROLL TO DODGE THE GIANTS POTATOES:
1: You don't do it. X has died.
2: You get seriously wounded, but escape alive. X is injured!
3: You get away from the missiles, but a bullet gets you. (-1 to next roll)
4: You evade everything like a pro.
5: Not only do you evade everything, but ninjas are so impressed with that they decide to teach you a few tricks. (+1 to next roll)
6: You effortlessly destroy the mech with your pinky finger.

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jumza

>Wake up in a grassy field, see no one around and begin to wander aimlessly in search of things.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dw6561

October 14, 2015, 08:07:15 pm #2 Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:17:14 am by dw6561
>Wake up in a grassy field wondering whether my dreams have come true.

EDIT: And try to become a geomancer.

I'm new at this, please forgive. Need to actually do something after I wake up, right?

This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Kokojo

>Wake up in a grassy field and try to punch blocks for a dirt house
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

>Wake up and train to become a Street Fighter

Elric

>wakeup and see Kokojo punching blocks, stab kokojo and steal his blocks

Mudvayne

>Wake up and see Elric stabbing Kokojo, find and grab the nearest rock and throw it from a distance aiming for Elrics head

Dome

October 15, 2015, 01:31:21 pm #7 Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:41:14 pm by Dome
Guys you dont need to write "see x doing stuff", just stab or throw (the) rock(s) (Also remember, you dont know if an action, yours of someone else' will succede until I roll)

Oh, btw, will roll in 1-2 hours (unless Sephiroth summons Meteor on me, that's it)

Dome

Quote from: Jumza on October 14, 2015, 06:17:28 pm
>Wake up in a grassy field, see no one around and begin to wander aimlessly in search of things.

Roll: 5
You wander and wander around looking for things, until you actually find... "Things", a globe of pure energy that can morph into any tool you wish!
(+1 to any action when using a tool)

Quote from: dw6561 on October 14, 2015, 08:07:15 pm
>Wake up in a grassy field wondering whether my dreams have come true.

EDIT: And try to become a geomancer.

You roll:4
When you wake up you feel the natural energy, the breath of the planet, and more hippie stuff.
You are a geomancer! Congrats!
(+1 to attack rolls when you attack with Geomancy)

Quote from: Kokojo on October 14, 2015, 08:33:56 pm
>Wake up in a grassy field and try to punch blocks for a dirt house

Roll:6
You decide to build a Dirt house, so you punch the ground to gather some block.
However, for some reason you decide to use 100% of your Kokobo powers to deliver the blow, and you open a rift that leads to the Nether! Kokojo must roll to avoid falling into the Nether.
You manage to avoid falling in, and also snag some of the dirt blocks you wanted!
(Can use dirt blocks to build stuff)

Quote from: Dome on October 14, 2015, 08:51:32 pm
>Wake up and train to become a Street Fighter

Roll:6
You focus on your Ki and dress up like Ryu because fuck it, everyone loves cosplay.
However, Sagat notices you and wants revenge for the loss in the street fighter tournament!
Dome must roll to dodge the incoming Tiger Uppercut!
Roll:3
You instead decide to tank the blow because you think you are a real street fighter!
Your body thinks you are retarded, and makes sure you know spilling some blood on the ground
(Wounded, -1 to next roll, Sagat wants to kill you)

Quote from: Elric on October 15, 2015, 02:42:25 am
>wakeup and see Kokojo punching blocks, stab kokojo and steal his blocks

Roll:2
You decide to stab the blocks and steal Kokojo instead. Too bad he doesn't fit in your bag.

Quote from: Mudvayne on October 15, 2015, 12:46:56 pm
>Wake up and see Elric stabbing Kokojo, find and grab the nearest rock and throw it from a distance aiming for Elrics head

Roll: 4
You pick a rock and throw it against Elric. The Squire in you is proud of your action.
Elric must roll to dodge the rock!
Elric dodges the mighty blow. The Squire isn't proud anymore.

Jumza (+1 to any action when using a tool)
dw6561 (+1 to attack rolls when you attack with Geomancy)
Kokojo (Can use dirt blocks to build stuff)
Dome (Wounded, -1 to next roll, Sagat wants to kill you)
Elric
MudVayne

Jumza

October 15, 2015, 06:59:12 pm #9 Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:56:33 pm by Jumza
>Morph Things into a bear-trap like mechanism that will prevent people from stealing it
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dw6561

>Get ye flask

Had to say this before someone else does. Oh yes, I dared.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Mudvayne

>gather some items to construct a slingshot to improve accuracy versus throwing rocks, attempt to construct slingshot

Elric

> become a Thief. Disarm and steal Jumza's beartrap.

Dome

Dome

Quote from: Jumza on October 15, 2015, 06:59:12 pm
>Morph Things into a bear-trap like mechanism that will prevent people from stealing it

"Things" morphs into a bear trap. It looks very menacing, and drips blood for some reason. (Things is a bear Trap)

Quote from: dw6561 on October 15, 2015, 07:56:12 pm
>Get ye flask

Had to say this before someone else does. Oh yes, I dared.

Roll:2
YOU CAN'T GET YE FLASK!

Quote from: Mudvayne on October 15, 2015, 08:05:14 pm
>gather some items to construct a slingshot to improve accuracy versus throwing rocks, attempt to construct slingshot

You build an awesome slingshot, actually it's so awesome it can throw everything as long as you can lift it!
(Super duper Slingshot of doom)

Quote from: Elric on October 16, 2015, 01:20:34 am
> become a Thief. Disarm and steal Jumza's beartrap.

You put "Thief" into "junction" and you suddendly want to steal "things"!
Too bad it has a defense mechanism!
Elric must roll to dodge the Bear trap!
Roll: 6
The trap chomps the air! You suffer no damage and grab "Things".
However, Dora the explorer comes out of nowhere saying "Elric don't swipe!"
(Stolen "Things", Dora is an NPC that tries to retrieve stolen things)

Quote from: Dome on October 18, 2015, 04:06:58 am
>Fight Sagat with all my might

Roll: 1(-1)=0
Sagat looks at you, and your body collapses. You disappear into nothingness!
Dome is Dead

Jumza (Original owner of "things" )
dw6561 (+1 to attack rolls when you attack with Geomancy)
Kokojo (Can use dirt blocks to build stuff)
Dome (Dead)
Elric (Stole "things", + 1 to rolls involving tools)
MudVayne (Super duper Slingshot of doom)

NPC - Dora the explorer (Attempts to retrieve stolen things)

Elric

>being a master chemist, attempts to make several vials of Sodium Hydroxide

Jumza

>Borrow Mudvayne's Super duper Slingshot of doom, shoot Elric with a rock, then give it back to Mudvayne

(Things will be mine again!)

Dome

>Attempt to revive with spam and love (But mostly spam)

Xifanie

>Rolls to Doge
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kokojo

> Built a mighthycopter from dirt blocks, armed with dirt missiles.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.