• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:45:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

So, stupid (patch) idea question.

Started by gatebuster202, August 13, 2015, 02:46:27 pm

gatebuster202

So, this is a stupid idea, not even a fun stupid idea. (Well might be.)

Anyway, it goes in spam do to it's stupidity.

What might it take to make a Ajora mod, where your running around as Ajora, (with your favorite Lucavi henchmen) and cr****** all over Ivalice.

Like I stated. I'm not even going to call this fun. This is like sending endgame GoW 3 Kratos back to the crappy PSP prequel. It'd be defined as slaughter. But it did give me second, less stupid idea. (By a very thin margin.)

What would it take to play a few Ajora sequences... (And that, I already know then answer to.)

PS. In all seriousness this wouldn't take much more work then any other story mod. (Which is, a forty hour job for a year or two...) (Or for some people their entire free time.)
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Angel

My favorite part of Disgaea was doing NG+ with a stat box overflow Divine Majin and octuple transmuted Galaxy Mage, so telling me this wouldn't be fun is like telling me I don't know what fun is. Sometimes, overkill is the best way to unwind.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

gatebuster202

Not quite the same. If I recall, you earned the OPness of that particular build. (NG+) I must admit, the idea is appealing for a Chapter or so worth of combats. After that...

(Yes I could rework the kit. I could rework the stats. I could rework the Bloody Angel's badassery... But why?)

You are correct in that rolling up and nuking everything can be a great deal of fun. I abused every cheat in AoE, including the crazy priest and the Cobra, storm troopers were also a nice touch. I just only have a few hours to play games when I do, so it affects my design. (I have a need for tough, story driven gameplay. Or Darksouls.)

Elric

Angel

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 13, 2015, 05:19:42 pm
Not quite the same. If I recall, you earned the OPness of that particular build. (NG+)
I didn't say that EARNING it was fun. No, that was balls. Also boring. I'd have happily just taken someone else's minmaxed wtf complete save and started from there if that was an option to me back then (which it wasn't). It's actually starting and nuking the bejesus out of everything in NG+ that was fun.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

gatebuster202

@ Elric, Yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know.  :roll:

@ Toshiko, Disgaea always struck me as hard to easy in progression, just like every other chess grid system. (See Gladius, doing a Valens start. Rough as hell.)

Now, if, IF I get my first project done and start my second, I might see about making a face rolling Ajora patch. Just for you. (Well an the rest of the community.)

Elric