• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Valk's Projects: 2021 update (Trance) Terra, Fran, Main Vagrant Story cast +more

Started by Valkirst, May 23, 2014, 03:27:56 pm

Valkirst

Thank you, I'm really glad you like my sprites.
there are a lot better spriters out there than I am though.
Either way thank you very much I appreciate it.
My Fran needs a lot of work, even the forward walking frames need a lot of work.

I'm going to be switching off working on some of these sprites
between Fran and Sidney. This is the work I did on Sidney just today and yesterday.
I can only put a few hours at a day but he's a lot easier to work on then Fran is.
I am using Tojoe's Melialdoul and the female monk head with a custom chest and back.
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Lyrithus

Wonderful work on Fran. amazing really. I tested and it works really really well

Guru

Don't cut yourself short though man, although I'm no sprite critique expert lol, you definitely have some awesome sprites on here. Your terra :shock: is one of my favs. Glad to see your still spriting, it's especially impressive you are able to do this using only stylus and a touchscreen.

CONMAN

I'm not familiar with the source of your Sydney sprite, but it's a good start...I literally just steal chests from other sprites lol.

Valkirst

:mrgreen: He's Sydney Losstarot from Vagrant Story, antagonist to Ashley Riot.

Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Sorry for the double post, but here is  more work on Fran.

I lowered the left leg down one pixel and added her leg guards.
I also made her breast smaller I'm currently working on the back walking frames
and her hair. After that I think the rest will be easy.

Completed Sprites

Lyrithus

You are amazingly talented. I have made dozens of my own sprites, but none are good enough to post, because they are all barely more than "cut and pasted" together from other spriters work, then recolored. I could never make one from scratch, but I know that your Fran and your Sydney had to have been, or if not, then so close to built from scratch that it doesnt matter lol. Amazing

3lric

Valkirst

Lol I thought it belonged to some anon Japanese creator. Also, it was just accidental palette swapping.
Completed Sprites

3lric

99% sure its Twinees...

You are thinking of the craptastic cartoonish looking one if you are talking about the random Japanese one in the spriteage.zip

Valkirst

Completed Sprites

3lric

Valkirst

Here is another update on Sydney. The tatt on his back is known as the blood sin.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Update!

Finished standing frames from all sides.
Fixed helmet and side hair from rear walking frames.
Fixed helmet and top of ponytail as well as front foot
of forward walking frames to show toes better.
Finished water frames and singing frames.

I need new eyes for some crits, please! :mrgreen:
Completed Sprites

Mando

Two spots I see are odd.

https://i.imgur.com/jUdoC2a.png

The breasts in the swinging mostion. I feel that on the final frame the further breast is too distorted in comparison to how they would hang while lunging forward. The one closest to us would block the view of the further one and be closer in size.

Then I think you haven't gotten to fixing this but look where my mouse is pointing.

https://i.imgur.com/NB5KOud.png

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Valkirst

Sydney's almost done! I've been lazy this last week, but here he is about 85-95 % done.
Completed Sprites

CONMAN

DAMN! That's a nice port, it's small from the preview, but looks good.

Satchmo III

Your custom sprites look cool. I'm not familiar with how the sprite-sheets relate to in-game motion so I'm not sure I can give good feedback. One note on Sydney concerning the back tattoo...it might be good to show some skin at the small of the back or use some of the lighter colors to differentiate it from the black clothes, the tattoo looks a bit like straps in some of the positions. I spent a bunch of time making and then tweaking the MGS2 cyborg ninja portrait for my avatar...when you do these sprite-sheets, do you find yourself continually looking over and tweaking things? I feel like it's one of those things that might never truly seem done. Take care.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Thank you Satchmo, I will work to modify the back tattoo. It's funny you mention that but yeah, I went over back to my Terra sprite and found myself tweaking things. Your avatar is fantastic, but I welcome you to try out some sprite sheets. Maybe download shi-shi and take a gander at the various frames and animations from the in-game sprites.

Here is a little change, I need to run it in game to see.
Completed Sprites

Satchmo III

Thanks for the suggestion on Shishi, I've been playing around with it and it's cool to be able to scroll through all the characters/animations and be able to see how the different parts of the sprite sheet are combined to make the animations. I produced an unfinished sprite for my cyborg ninja. It definitely needs some work, let me know if you have any thoughts should you check it out (link).

Looking at your work I see a few things I'd like to emulate to improve mine. Your colors seem to pop where they need to and your compositions are very clean and clear.

Sydney's tattoo may be too light now (probably a bad suggestion on my part). I put the sprite into Shishi and might offer one suggestion (hopefully not a bad one). On the front-facing walk cycle (animation 6), when the right foot starts moving back from neutral position it disappears rather quickly under the skirt, it might to beneficial to show a bit of the foot on the next frame to help illustrate the motion of the foot swinging back.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown