• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ALMA 4: Excalibur grants Forever: Orlandu

Started by pokeytax, February 07, 2011, 06:01:18 pm

RandMuadDib

hey man its not like i asked to turn off best fit. i like using it. probably why i didnt know you could turn it off, never tried. and i don't call myself a hacker, just a researcher :D
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: RandMuadDib on June 21, 2011, 02:09:48 am
hey man its not like i asked to turn off best fit. i like using it. probably why i didnt know you could turn it off, never tried. and i don't call myself a hacker, just a researcher :D

I only turned it off to delete the weapon duping glitch.  It was the easiest way to do so.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 21, 2011, 06:15:53 am
I only turned it off to delete the weapon duping glitch.  It was the easiest way to do so.

Wrong "off", FDC.

We're talking about turning off auto-Best Fit when your valid gear pool is changed via the game's menus.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Glain on June 20, 2011, 06:44:49 pm
The only thing that really comes to mind here that would be relevant with earlier vs. later versions of MIPS would be a load delay slot thing, but that seems too obvious...

That's precisely the problem.  Certain versions of ePSXe allow you to skip load delay.  That's the only explanation for why FFM's blind hack worked for him and Wiz, but not for Celdia or me.  If you look at FFM's code, you see he loads a value from memory into r2 and then uses it next command.
I also looked at many of Razele's codes that didn't work for certain people or nates1984's weapon hacks.  They all did this load + immediate use on register "error", implying that it must have worked on the emulator they did their testing on (ePSXe) since I highly doubt Razele or nates would do no testing of their hacks at all before submission.  This problem also affects ARH, from what I've seen of it.

QuoteGlain, I had issues coding mthi/mtlo once, but those are pretty low priority.

There's that problem with your tool, and that I can convert opcodes to bgtz/bgez/bltz/blez but not conversely.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

Are you saying that normally the version of MIPS that the PSX uses needs a delay slot after loading bytes/hw/w which are ignored in like pSX because it uses a more recent version of MIPS?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Eternal

Going to start messing with ALMA tonight. Not sure what I'm getting into. @_@
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Double post, ftl.

Anywho, can someone tell me how to disable the old Move effects? I'm trying to remove the 3 bonus Move from Move +3 to use it for something else. Also, expect a ton of questions from this guy in the future. >_>
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

pokeytax

Questions are good! They help other people out too.

If you zero cells H26:H31 on the 'Disables' tab, these abilities will have no effect. However, they will still show the boost in the preview. I'm addressing that as part of the general previewability upgrade, but here's a temp hack to also disable the previews for movement abilities [XX + 1] through 6 (e.g. XX = 0 disables all previews, XX = 2 disables all but Move+1/Move+2):

WORLD.BIN
0x3eb10
XX
0x3eb54
XX

Eternal

June 26, 2011, 03:27:12 pm #148 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:32:13 pm by Eternal248
Quote from: pokeytax on June 26, 2011, 02:00:14 pm
Questions are good! They help other people out too.

If you zero cells H26:H31 on the 'Disables' tab, these abilities will have no effect. However, they will still show the boost in the preview. I'm addressing that as part of the general previewability upgrade, but here's a temp hack to also disable the previews for movement abilities [XX + 1] through 6 (e.g. XX = 0 disables all previews, XX = 2 disables all but Move+1/Move+2):

WORLD.BIN
0x3eb10
XX
0x3eb54
XX

Now, will I also need to disable the effects of previous existing Reactions if I want to make those Supports? Like, say I want to change Abandon. Will I have to somehow clear that before I make a new skill for it not to double evasion? Or does ALMA do that automatically?

EDIT: Also, using this in combination with the ARH, is it possible to make a skill whose effect only activates on HP Critical, a la Critical: Quicken?

pokeytax

Quote from: Eternal248 on June 26, 2011, 03:27:12 pm
Will I have to somehow clear that before I make a new skill for it not to double evasion? Or does ALMA do that automatically?

Yes, you will. I'm working on that for ALMA 4 - most of the Movements, excepting some oversights and bugginess (e.g. Fly still cancels fall damage, Float is probably still weird somehow) can be disabled through ALMA 3.

Eternal

How would I go about disabling things like Abandon, then? It's not really a big deal since I'm mostly only changing useless Supports and Movements, but I'd like to nerf Abandon in the near future and maybe just make it something else totally.

Dome

Question: After I've made an .Xml file, everyone can use it, or I'm the only one that can?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

pokeytax

June 26, 2011, 04:54:25 pm #152 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:55:08 pm by pokeytax
Quote from: Eternal248 on June 26, 2011, 03:39:32 pm
How would I go about disabling things like Abandon, then?

I was going to tell you to wait, but screw it (untested but should work):

BATTLE.BIN
0x11E3CC

In general though, you'll have to wait or DIY.

SOS supports have been requested but are sadly beyond the scope of ALMA, which is about modifying your stats. That doesn't mean I haven't thought about them but they probably aren't ever going to be in this hack.

Quote from: Dome
Question: After I've made an .Xml file, everyone can use it, or I'm the only one that can?

Everyone can apply any functional XML with FFTorgASM.

Dome

Awesome
Pokeytax, you are a gift from the heavens for FFH

Eternal

Quote from: pokeytax on June 26, 2011, 04:54:25 pm
I was going to tell you to wait, but screw it (untested but should work):

BATTLE.BIN
0x11E3CC

In general though, you'll have to wait or DIY.

SOS supports have been requested but are sadly beyond the scope of ALMA, which is about modifying your stats. That doesn't mean I haven't thought about them but they probably aren't ever going to be in this hack.

Everyone can apply any functional XML with FFTorgASM.

Excellent! Thanks a ton! ALMA is one of my new favorite tools! :D

Dome

June 26, 2011, 05:52:49 pm #155 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:57:00 pm by Dome
Ok, I messed up with ALMA a bit
Move over surfaces: Walk on water + Walk on lava + Half: Water and fire
Any ground: Any ground + Any weather + Move in water + Immune:Poison
Finger guard: Makes you immune to every status the mediator can inflict you

I made this, but when I make the .xlm, orgasm doesn't show it...

Any help?

pokeytax

Dome

June 26, 2011, 05:55:23 pm #157 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:56:16 pm by Dome
I'm trying xD
Edit: Sorry for the delay, Firefox freezed

pokeytax

Do you have the Analysis Toolpak (Excel) or AddIn (OpenOffice)? ALMA uses DEC2HEX/HEX2DEC which requires these.

Dome

I don't even know what they are
Where I can get them?