• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Total Request ASM: All armor replaced by shoes

Started by pokeytax, January 02, 2011, 10:16:01 am

RandMuadDib

using any ranged weapon between 1-3 panels? all weapons not marked as "striking" or "lunging" seem to not be able to target the first two panels.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

MysticKnightFF5

Full editing for minimum range on both weapons AND skills.

RandMuadDib

skills don't have a minimum range, unless they use the weapon's range.

MysticKnightFF5

RandMuadDib

i'm just saying its not necessary to hack skill ranges, just weapon ranges.

MysticKnightFF5

Thank you for telling me what's necessary for my patch, I'll keep that in mind.
Please stop debating this with me. I requested it and don't really expect it to be fulfilled, but hey, least I can say I requested it.

pokeytax

Still alive.

Here is a usable Monkeygrip hack (although likely still not perfect). Thanks to FFMaster for his version which inspired me to try again. The support ability bytes are bolded so you can attach it to another Support if desired, although it's a little weirder than usual and only Supports are available, not Reactions or Movements.

WORLD_BIN_BIN
0x40b58
B93A2390
0x69890
1D80023C
7E9E4290
D8820408
0x40b58
B93A2290
0x69890
1D80033C
7E9E6390
CD910408
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

Sweet! That's a nice addition to the roster of support skills.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dome

I was wondering...isn't it stupid that you can evade spells that can heal you?
Example, I'm wearing a fire shield, and someone casts fire on me...Why would I want to avoid the spell, if it's going to heal?
Also, even if I have Aegis shield and abadon, and I get targetted from the front, I'd never avoid a cure spell
Got what I mean? Is there any way to "Fix" this?

P.s:Monkeygrip, awesome!
Sooner or later I'll implement it in FFT: Plus

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Vanya

Quote from: Dome on October 24, 2011, 04:06:43 am
I was wondering...isn't it stupid that you can evade spells that can heal you?
Example, I'm wearing a fire shield, and someone casts fire on me...Why would I want to avoid the spell, if it's going to heal?
Also, even if I have Aegis shield and abadon, and I get targetted from the front, I'd never avoid a cure spell
Got what I mean? Is there any way to "Fix" this?

That made me LOL.
Anyways, yeah I totally agree. I remember that happening to me, too.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You'd have to check for the undead byte.  And I think this is a formula thing - furthermore, I'm pretty sure I remember FDC covering this.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

It's not Cure he's dodging, I think. He means that if he has Absorb: Fire gear, and Fire III is being thrown at him, the hit rate should be 100% since he's absorbing it. I, personally, think that high M-EVD is fine as it is- it's beneficial but can screw you if you're relying on that. That said, I'm not sure when the AI would ever try to purposefully heal you...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RandMuadDib

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: RandMuadDib on October 24, 2011, 02:48:34 pm
not ai, catch yourself in an AOE that hits enemies.

Or deliberately targeting one of your units with an elemental AOE he absorbs, then moving him next to an enemy.

RandMuadDib

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Eternal248 on October 24, 2011, 01:47:11 pm
It's not Cure he's dodging, I think. He means that if he has Absorb: Fire gear, and Fire III is being thrown at him, the hit rate should be 100% since he's absorbing it. I, personally, think that high M-EVD is fine as it is- it's beneficial but can screw you if you're relying on that. That said, I'm not sure when the AI would ever try to purposefully heal you...

Easiest way to fix this?  Don't put M-EV on shields/mantles with elemental absorb.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.