• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:48:32 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Updating random encounter with more human enemies

Started by hitokiro, April 28, 2019, 02:13:54 pm

hitokiro

Hey everybody! I've been replaying the PSX FFT on my vita, and wanted an organic way to farm better gear without just editing my game to add it to stores earlier or at all. I decided to try changing a single direction of the Mandalia Plains random battle set to always be only human opponents, with progressively more advanced jobs appearing in later chapters.

Right now when you approach from Gariland, you will always fight a knight, 2 squires, 2 archers, and a priest (at least in chapter 1). In later chapters, I swap out basic jobs for things like lancers, ninjas, black mages, and samurai.

I've found this is a fantastic way to mix up your leveling/grinding experience, since human enemies are much more dynamic and challenging. Not only that, but since they're pegged at roughly my party's level, they usually carry gear that is better than what I can get in stores, and are prime targets for stealing.

This got me thinking of a patch that would introduce some lore-based human-only random encounter spots on the map. Things like remnants of the corpse brigade in the maps surrounding igros, lionel gryphon knights around lionel castle, etc. I think it's a cool idea to be late in the game and still encountering vestiges of enemy forces you've already fought and/or defeated earlier in the game. Especially since they'll be carrying sweet loots.
  • Modding version: PSX