• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:55:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Upload Error - and what the Admin can do to fix it

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, April 16, 2012, 01:35:55 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8716
^Download my plain text file and open it.

I experienced the same problem at Verve Fanworks.  Here's the help topic:
http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/index.php?topic=411.0

Here's what Mauron told Faust Wolf to do to fix it.
QuoteDisable "Recode line endings in textual attachments" under Attachment Settings.

Celdia

I don't see any problems with the file you linked to. It opens in Wordpad just fine. Not sure what the problem is you're referring to.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The Damned reported a bug.  I couldn't replicate it, so I assumed it was because I'm Linux.  What OS do you use, Celida?

The Damned

(It really is atrocious how little I know about computers despite using them so much.)

So I finally learned how to take a screencap (again). Let it be known that my archaic computer is on Windows XP and that the document is using Word Wrap in Notepad already; turning Word Wrap off makes it even worse.

It's nothing that shouldn't be fixable by meticulous re-spacing, probably, and so it's not a symbol problem or anything. The spacing is just really FUBAR.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Give me a second.

Try this and screencap it.  Turn Word Wrap off when you do so.

This will tell me if it's the forum or my OS that's doing it.

PS: Save screencaps as PNG or JPG in the future.

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

The Damned

(Okay, use .png or .jpg. I'll try to keep that in mind. I was clicked .gif because it was the first thing I saw that wasn't an obnoxiously large bit-map.)

This new document version works with and without Word Wrap, so, yeah, it might be your OS (assuming Celdia was referring to you as "you" and not me as "you"). I'm not really sure since, as I explained, I'm rather "bad" with/ignorant about way too many computer issues still and I have absolutely no experience with Linux on top of that.

(Also, why are these attachments auto-posting the image? I thought they didn't do that?)

But, yeah, thanks, I can read this version now:
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

It wasn't my OS, it was me saving them with Unix character encoding.

Windows XP Notepad is so primitive it didn't recognize Unix character encoding, so that's why The Damned's Notepad ate a dick.

Celdia uses Vista or Windows 7, so her Notepad can play nice with the original (which uses Unix character encoding) and the modified one I posted in this thread (which uses Windows character encoding).

I've no idea why the images are fucking up.  I made another topic in this board, but it gets no love.

Xifanie

The setting is already disabled. I don't know if Eternal changed it, but it's a problem I often have with notepad... because in windows, usually 0x0D0A is generated when you press enter (in notepad that is) while if you take linux, that will only be 0x0A IIRC. However most versions of notepad from what I know will not consider 0x0A alone to be a line break.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Xifanie on April 16, 2012, 06:22:50 pmThe setting is already disabled. I don't know if Eternal changed it, but it's a problem I often have with notepad... because in windows, usually 0x0D0A is generated when you press enter (in notepad that is) while if you take linux, that will only be 0x0A IIRC. However most versions of notepad from what I know will not consider 0x0A alone to be a line break.

Yup.