• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:37:36 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

POLL: Don't Act allows evasion + Don't Move allows reacting, disallows evasion

Started by Andrew, August 07, 2016, 10:11:27 pm

Andrew

Poll was removed due to the people who could make it happen not agreeing with the changes.
  • Modding version: PSX

Heroebal

I think don't move already allows reactions.

I'm ok with the 1st part and undecided on the 2nd part. Don't move can do a good job of disrupting teams as is if set up good and most people don't guard against it. Units are basically a sitting duck and if one of their teammates is in need of healing/revival....

gatebuster202

This will force teams to counter Don't Move, reduce how bad don't act hurts us and in a recent discussion with DW, I am currently under the impression that DM and DA stop reactions.

The ultimate(but difficult) way to write it in my opinion is to stop C-EV & A-EV with Don't Move, S-EV and most reactions with Don't Act. (And a few reactions leave unblock able. The Ups from Bard/Dancer.) I am not capable of this, nor would ask a ASMer to attempt coding this. So I stand by the above proposal as adding punch to Don't Move and reducing some of Don't Act's impact while doing what was expected of the statuses. (Don't Act stoping reactions but not Don't Move.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

With the question now reworded, I had already cast my vote beforehand. I still don't think that Don't Act/Move allowing evasion is a good idea because for one not all teams carry concentrate or geomancers (even though it's always a good idea to do so).

Secondly Don't Act allows allies with Attack UP or faith based spells to punch right through the evasion and it just flat out takes longer for a battle to conclude. Yes a alternative would be death sentence to end battles quicker and while don't act will still prevent someone from taking action, it just makes stuff like Attack UP or Magic Attack Up semi worthless in the grand scheme of things.

It will turn into a evasion meta game in other words
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

I originally voted yes, but I kinda realized something. Don't move is very easily afflictable currently, and we also have very powerful spells that might drop entire teams (cough summons/Draw Outs cough cough) if we let it cancel evasion. We would have to rebalance a lot of things. Because of this, I'm fine with it remaining as is.

If we do decide to do this though, Aegis Shield should grant Don't Move immunity.

Don't Move does allow reacting and evasion currently btw.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Otabo

Don't Act allowing evasion doesn't even make sense, really. A unit not being able to use reactions while don't acted, but can evade attacks? That is just plain silly if you ask me. You're DISABLED - unable to act PERIOD, that should be the whole point of the status effect. Don't act should just stay the way it is. Evasive units will just be harder to kill, and like Barren said, battles will just take longer. There needs to be at least something OTHER than petrify that disallows evasion.

Andrew

Gaignun

Well, Don't Move enabling evasion is just as silly.  Perhaps the attacker gets so excited at the thought of hitting its immobile target that his accuracy degrades in exact proportion to the target's original evasion.

If we want to speed up battles, having Don't Move also disable evasion would be awesome.  This would put some wind in the sails of this beleaguered status ailment.  Should this come to pass, I am willing to comb through the weapons and abilities that add Don't Move in attempt to keep things balanced.

silentkaster

Quote from: Gaignun on August 10, 2016, 03:41:08 pm
Well, Don't Move enabling evasion is just as silly.  Perhaps the attacker gets so excited at the thought of hitting its immobile target that his accuracy degrades in exact proportion to the target's original evasion.

If we want to speed up battles, having Don't Move also disable evasion would be awesome.  This would put some wind in the sails of this beleaguered status ailment.  Should this come to pass, I am willing to comb through the weapons and abilities that add Don't Move in attempt to keep things balanced.

I'm...less against Don't Move having evasion negated, but still kinda meh about it, especially after it has been put on Nameless Dance.

I think Evasion is in a good spot right now. I think evasion can be effective, but there are plenty of ways around it as well with abilities, supports, equips, etc. More than this would be a buff to Don't Move, I think this would be a big nerf to Evasion.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.