• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:30:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT sound test sfx rip

Started by Robin_Goblin, July 26, 2014, 07:09:25 pm

Robin_Goblin

Sorry to post something so redundant, I am new here and I was wondering is there any resource on this site for downloading individual sound clips or SFX such as the Steal: Accessory or Phoenix Down

Side-note:  For Spriters, is there any resource for individual action descriptions in their native sprite window, such as the action title for " Steal: Accessory"  or "Steal: Helm"

For example: See attachment (anachronism)

I am attempting something new I hope many of you will like and benefit from, but It is in a new format some of you might not have seen before so bear with me

sorry for the mundane topic

Choto

I know where the SFX for ability effects are stored on the iso.. but idk how to rip them at all. If somebody else knew I could point them to the right place. otherwise we have videos of all the effects in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4830.msg106928

I don't know of anything else

Robin_Goblin

Thank you!   I guess what would even help me more is if there was a video of the particular action, in my case Steal: Helm, without the BGM so that I could rip just the stealing SFX, but I don't even know how to edit out the BGM i am novice

Choto

actually you're in luck. There is a no-music hack that you can apply with FFTorgASM. You'd have to apply the hack yourself but it's really simple. If you read around or just try it you should be able to do it. Download the FFTPatcher suite and FFTorgASM is a program in it that applies hacks.

Then you just need to bring the abilities into battle and record a video of them playing. I'm fairly sure that no music hack removes battle music, I can't remember though.

Robin_Goblin

Thank you so much, I will try this.  I appreciate the help and advice