• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:48:26 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena SCC Tourney Registration

Started by Barren, July 22, 2015, 05:36:15 pm

Reks

Quote from: Barren on August 07, 2015, 07:54:05 am
For those who haven't submitted their teams yet, there are three days left. Make haste everyone!

Also I do need two more volunteers to help host. At least for the loser's bracket.

I would offer to try, but my daytime internet is so unstable that I don't want to let you down.

Also why I haven't done more videos.

It'd take 6+ hours for a 10-minute video.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

I would love to help barren but my budget does not allow for it... I can't use the Excel memcard maker as i can't get Excel... which means i am stuck using the FFtastic.... which is clunky as crap and i have no idea how to set colours in it.

as for recording.... i have no idea what program to even use that is affordable.... seeing as my current funds are about $2 dollars till the end of the month >~<

I would love any oppinions on what i should do to set up.. till then... i... am kinda tied up.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Mudvayne

Hypercam 2 is what I use to record. It's free. Movie maker to edit. Also free.

You can also get excel for free man. You have the internet, use it to your advantage! They even offer free trials on the website for some period of time for the newest version.

My team is basically done for the tourney. Haven't tested it too much but Barren has ran two test matches for me. Killed Lancers and Squires without too much trouble. Not sure how they'll do overall but we'll see. I'm semi-confident considering everyone has to abide by the item restricting rule that gave me so much hassle.

I'm scared of Archers though. My blind vote is on whoever has 'em (Barren?).

Barren

August 07, 2015, 12:15:05 pm #83 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:40:14 pm by Barren
Cam Studio is also free. As well as fraps. Tech Smith is what I use to record but getting the actual recording software is expensive.

But yea corosar getting Microsoft excel isn't hard at all. If you still want to help out hosting I can keep sending you the memory cards. I can talk to you on Skype later when I get out of work
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Is it bannable to talk about pirating software in a mod board? I mean if it's just a program then there's no need to pay.
Some day my people will be free.

gatebuster202

Corsar, OFfice 365 has a free month trial and then 8 dollar cancel anytime subscription. (Which may or may not involve any of my six email accounts. (Office 365 has, everything.)
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

CT5Holy

I... might be able to help host! I think I can get my desktop set up this weekend. I'll keep you updated.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Elmdork

August 07, 2015, 05:40:12 pm #87 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:23:34 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Lurk mode: Disengaged

I can't wait to see what ya'll put together. Again rooting for silentkaster as he became the underdog somehow, but if somebody can pull it off, it's you, man. Excited to see something other than an fs bag power sleeve monk have success. Obelisk is nice, chaos blade is good too, Or not relying on equip support could be the best course of action. Should still slap the chakra band on the fs/power sleeve monk IMHO. Too exciting.

I sincerely hope shintroy goes for a gatekeeper strategy, samurai is great for this and I find the idea very compelling. Has potential for my favourite team of the season, but maybe somebody else can make something stranger work better. Time will tell but I'm getting impatient. Sorry for voting against mime, I know you wanted to do something with it. I'll probably take a crack at a few mime teams for the regular season

Barren will kill us all, but andante might eat another bracket if you're not prepared. Epic face palm if I see you guys in round 1. Oh and TL too. TL OP, needs nerf.

CT5HOLY! Omfg please do some, I miss your commntaryyyyy! >____<
Hehe.. he's gonna blow somebody up with ct5 holies :3
I hope it's not me. D:

Well Krypt, it's us vs. the world. Tonight we dine in hell!
May you strike with all the might of the gods, and none of their sirenity.
(Skiploom can join the dream team too if he wants. Mediator is close enough)

Edit: Holy shit it's domie v. Hey dude!

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

DomieV

Hey guys, I'm back! Heard about this tournament from my cousin! Can't wait for it. GL to everyone!

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 07, 2015, 03:13:13 pm
Corsar, OFfice 365 has a free month trial and then 8 dollar cancel anytime subscription. (Which may or may not involve any of my six email accounts. (Office 365 has, everything.)

sadly... i don't have the money to keep up the subscription... at all... if the trial goes (which needs a valid payment method which is another story) i am done with using it sadly.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

reinoe

What's the name a final fantasy ability where you hit the enemy but it does recoil damage to you?  I mean in reference to Final Fantasy and not Arena.
My dreams can come true!

gatebuster202

@corsar. It didn't ask me to validate anything. Microsoft is super chill ATM.

@all I'm taking requests, but my next off day is Tuesday so, nothing will get done before then. Also, must update my team.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

August 08, 2015, 03:02:47 am #92 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:05:24 am by Barren
Which Final Fantasy are you talking about reinoe? Can you be a bit more specific?

Also for maps, should we do small, medium large in that order or the traditional small, large medium?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on August 08, 2015, 03:02:47 am
Which Final Fantasy are you talking about reinoe? Can you be a bit more specific?

Also for maps, should we do small, medium large in that order or the traditional small, large medium?

Traditional keeps it fair
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

Quote from: reinoe on August 07, 2015, 10:14:14 pm
What's the name a final fantasy ability where you hit the enemy but it does recoil damage to you?  I mean in reference to Final Fantasy and not Arena.

Is it Darkside?
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Jumza

Quote from: reinoe on August 07, 2015, 10:14:14 pm

In FFTA its called Backdraft I think.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Barren

Yea its Backdraft. Fire elemental damage with recoil

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

CT5Holy

Desktop is good to go! I can definitely help host :D
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

August 08, 2015, 06:30:51 pm #99 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:37:33 pm by Barren
Sweet! That is awesome news! Would you like to help me with the winner's bracket just like old times?