• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:56:54 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

Wiz

Match 57 Pierce vs Derevish

Match 58 Barren vs Aquilae

Since the winner's bracket is winding down, here's what it'll look like in terms of uploading for the rest of it

Quarterfinals (2 Matches) on 6/15/11 or this Wednesday: Barren
Semifinals (1 Match) on 6/16/11 or this Thursday: Me
Semifinals (1 Match) on 6/17/11 or this Friday: Barren
Finals (1 Match) on 6/18/11 or this Saturday: Barren

Sound good to you Barren?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

The Damned

(*goes off to watch the latest videos*)

I feel like I'm forgetting something.... Hmm...maybe it was just my surprise that no one even attempted to use a Dancer, though I can't say that's exactly a huge surprise. Bards are at least making a decent showing, especially since the AI is being surprisingly stupid about not touching Last Song-singing Bards.

Quote from: Barren on June 14, 2011, 07:35:14 am
You also forgot Piercewise Damned >_<

Whoops, my bad. I think I forgot because I think I've literally only seen him on the forums once or twice.

Regardless, thank you as well, Piercewise.

Quote from: Barren on June 14, 2011, 07:35:14 amand plus you say that kikuichimonji and ninjas are shining but now we're in the quarter finals so now we'll see how much longer they'll last

Oh, I assure you that I would like to see them go down in (literal) flames, I just don't expect them to not (ultimately) win.

For the record, given what a negative bastard I am, this is why I am often quite fine with being proven (horribly) wrong.

*goes off to also abuse parentheses some more*
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

June 14, 2011, 01:41:46 pm #242 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:43:50 pm by formerdeathcorps
I'm through three of my five matches.  I hope to have them all ready to be uploaded by the time formerdeathcorps uploads his.

Mine for the next round is mostly ready, but I'm not going to upload mine until Piercewise does his, or by Thursday (if he doesn't show up), whichever happens first.

Quote from: The Damned on June 14, 2011, 12:55:53 pm
Oh, I assure you that I would like to see them go down in (literal) flames, I just don't expect them to not (ultimately) win.

Funny, I feel the same way, but towards tanks and evasion squads.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

Close but no cigar

I feared this would happen....*sigh* well GG Aquilae, you proved DPS superiority over mine

as far as the rest of the matches, I think it looks good to me Wiz, I can get the rest done this week
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

June 15, 2011, 07:35:07 am #244 Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:56:10 am by Barren
Battle 59 Gaignun vs Mando

Battle 60 AeroGP vs Squidgy

Let's get the Semi-Finals rolling!!!

Also Wiz, when you get the chance update the winners/losers brackets

Avalanche

Is it just me or is youtube bugging for everyone?

Battle 59 Gaignun vs Mando
I think haste, luck and good mapchoice for Gaignung won the match, in map 2 his units were double turning constantly.

I have to ask, is there a chance for the people in the looserbreaket to stil win the tournament? Im stil not sure how the system works here

Barren

yes there is, what happens is whoever wins the finals will face the winner of the loser's bracket for the season 5 championship

krilz

In a nutshell, whenever there is a loser's bracket, you always get a second chance if you lose. However, if you lose twice in a row, you're out for good.

Barren

Avalanche

Quoteyes there is, what happens is whoever wins the finals will face the winner of the loser's bracket for the season 5 championship

But isnt it favoring the player who gets in the looser bracket from beginning on, due to weaker opponents.

Barren

that depends on what teams they face and what maps they're on/ anything and everything can be an advantage

Mando

Quote from: Barren on June 15, 2011, 03:34:24 pm
that depends on what teams they face and what maps they're on/ anything and everything can be an advantage

This is very much true. There are many matches that have been won due to separation on the map; these matches could have easily gone the other way if the map was something different.

I would say matches are 50% team, 25% Map, 20% Zodiac , 5% (misc... aka the RNG SHAFT)

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Avalanche

One could make the final a best of 3, and count the loosing map from before in.
I mean 3 times a bo3 (this would make it even more entertaining and final isnt over after 5 min.)

Well maybe its to much, i think its made this way in tournaments of other videogames.

Dont know if thats more fair, but would like to see more games of the finalists  : )

Squidgy

Well, that's what happens when you base a team's survivability on MP Switch and Hamedo. GG Aero. Maybe I'll sneak back up?... Doubt it with my silly team. At least the bird was fun, but no Cocatoris winning 1v4 like in one of my test runs... still fun.

krilz

Quote from: Avalanche on June 15, 2011, 04:39:22 pm
One could make the final a best of 3, and count the loosing map from before in.
I mean 3 times a bo3 (this would make it even more entertaining and final isnt over after 5 min.)

Well maybe its to much, i think its made this way in tournaments of other videogames.

Dont know if thats more fair, but would like to see more games of the finalists  : )

I definately would like to see a bo5 in the finals and maybe the semi-finals as well.

Wiz

As splendid as it sounds to make it bo5, it's staying bo3 for the championship match because otherwise, it wouldn't be a double elimination tournament then. Not only that, but it'd get dull real quick to watch 6-15 rounds for one match.

My semifinal match is going up tomorrow in the morning asap, so get ready for that.

st4rw4k3r

No! Mando lost! There goes my prediction.

Piercewise

June 15, 2011, 09:15:57 pm #257 Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:16:53 pm by Piercewise
QuoteWhoops, my bad. I think I forgot because I think I've literally only seen him on the forums once or twice.

Regardless, thank you as well, Piercewise.

You are welcome! And no offense taken, I'm not around here much.

QuoteMine for the next round is mostly ready, but I'm not going to upload mine until Piercewise does his, or by Thursday (if he doesn't show up), whichever happens first.

Yeah, I should probably never be allowed near a tourney again O_o  I was unprepared for the crazy awesome pace you all set, plus I was on vacation for five days. I'm really sorry everyone. (this is especially ironic for anyone who remembers that I got involved in the S2 tourney replacing the designated host.)

But enough! I am dead set on getting a couple matches done tonight, and blazing a trail through rounds 2 AND 3 (at least) this weekend. If the powers that be are okay with it, I'm fine with you two posting what you have so far - the viewers deserve matches, damnit!
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Barren

Cant wait for your matches piercewise.....gotta get this show on the road

Piercewise

June 16, 2011, 12:40:58 am #259 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:47:50 am by Piercewise
Loser's Bracket Round 2! Gaignun and fdc, feel free to post what you have b/c I won't be able to post more until Friday.

Match 32 LOSER'S BRACKET

Match 31 LOSER'S BRACKET

PS Technically these are matches 32 and 31 according to the rubric on the front page, so I've labeled them as such.

PPS Sound is still quiet on 32, but I fix that for good on 31. Finally comfortable again on the mic. Hope you like them.
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."