• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Parted Ways Sprites

Started by Eternal248, December 18, 2010, 08:43:54 am

Lijj

Really nice portraits guys. the bandanna on the beautiful Assassin seems misaligned.
  • Modding version: PSX

Twinees

Eyes and mouth would probably need Eternal's input on that. Could the sari possibly only go over one shoulder? so one shoulder would be completely bare.

You may have to make it so whole strands of hair, rather than little frizzy bits sticking out.

mav

Thanks for pointing out the bandanna issues, Lijj. I felt that way too. If Kage doesn't fix it, I'll do it. As for the Elementalist, how are these changes? Note that this isn't reduced colors or at the correct aspect ratio yet. I tried making hair strands and a sari.

Twinees

More strands and possibly longer? And the sari looks better, maybe Eternal could give more input on this portrait.

mav

The only thing about these strands is that they look really strange once the portrait is cropped. I'll see what I can do.

Eternal

I'm liking that portrait so far. I'm sure it'll look even better when you're done with it!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

I see nothibng wrong with this version, though the question is if that's waht Et and Twin are lookin for.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Alright, well check out a cropped version to see how hard it is to get the details of those hair strands into the allotted size.

Kagebunji

To me, it's good as it is, really. Good job Mav. What more do we need to do? Anyone have some other secret sprites waiting? Twin, Lijj?

Kagebunji

I made a different version of Warrior, cause I was testing something. You like it? Looks kinda like Son Goku, huh....

mav

Yeah, it's a little too anime-ish for my tastes. Interesting sprite though. Good luck making a portrait for it though, hah.

Kagebunji

January 08, 2011, 08:52:03 am #51 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:03:43 am by Kagebunji
Ah, well portrait wouldn't be a problem, I would steal Twinees's portrait for Isaac and modify it, hehe. But this thing is ditched, I will continue with my older one. I also think about making my original Warrior's hair black.

Kagebunji

January 09, 2011, 09:06:26 am #52 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:09:05 am by Kagebunji
Ok, I finished doing some slight chanfes to Assassin portrait. I fixed the shading on bandana(the forehead part), changed part of hair(the part of hair where hair meets the bandana, on far right), changed eyebrows(but I think I will have to change them again), even though I don't like the current eyebrows much. C&C everyone please.

mav

The the part of the bandanna that needed a shading fix was on our right, not over the forehead. That said, it doesn't look bad though. The part where the hair meets the bandanna looks better. I'm definitely not a fan of the new eyebrows. They're too dark and she looks too confused now.

Kagebunji

Twinees helped me with the bandana, it looks great now. That said, I will post a new version with different eyevrows some other time(probably tomorrow).

mav

Sounds good, Kage.

Here's the 16 color version of the Elementalist. Let me know when we're doing its palettes!

Eternal

January 11, 2011, 12:21:21 am #56 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:26:37 am by Eternal248
I do have a sprite request for whoever would like to come up with it. I'd kinda like the Berserker to be out of the way. The concept is very simple.

Female: Think Ayla from Chrono Trigger. Barely any clothing, strips of fur covering the important parts. No tail like Ayla has though, that's far too anime. Hair messed up, and tattered.

Male: Like female, but maybe some type of fur draped across his back? I want him to look primal and rugged. I think a good way to express this would be bloodshot eyes somehow in the portrait, but I'm not sure if that amount of detail can be shown in such few pixels.

Anyways, very nice work as usual, guys!

Ayla Reference:
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

I will get to Female Berserker once I get Assassin done, so leave this one to me please.

Also, updated portrait of Assassin, new eyebrows, and bandana modified by Twin.

mav

Bandanna looks perfect now. Should her eyes be so innocent though? She's an assassin, not a schoolgirl.

Kagebunji

January 13, 2011, 04:39:31 pm #59 Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:58:12 am by Kagebunji
I don't want to use Dancer's eyebrows either. I will try Celia and Lede tomorrow.