• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:09 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Eternal

Not sure how I missed this little tit-for-tat, but whatever. My thoughts on this:

First, keep things civil. No need to call it a flame war or anything, PGF. Usually calling something a flame war makes it turn into one. >_>

Secondly, I'd much rather have a dead Spriting section than one with people at each others' throats. It should be a section where people feel they're able to post their sprites and get valuable feedback. I'm not saying this isn't the case currently, but I see no reason for people to get mad at one another. In the end, everyone does their own sprite. Whether they wish to accept the crit is a totally different matter.

Just as Jon is well within his rights to post a crit... Lijj is within his rights to use the crit or not. So no need to get so amped up, relax and enjoy the art. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lijj

Ok I take that back.. Feed not the fires of war and:
Quote from: Eternal248 on April 16, 2012, 08:31:45 pm
Relax and enjoy the art. :P

Glad to see some new members here making quality stuff... Cherrie's port looks good too.0: Who is she?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Lol i thought the same thing, and I've no idea where she came from :P
her first post was a crit on another new members sprite.

Always good to have more spriters around  :mrgreen:

Cherrie

Quote from: Lijj on April 16, 2012, 08:36:13 pm
Ok I take that back.. Feed not the fires of war and:Glad to see some new members here making quality stuff... Cherrie's port looks good too.0: Who is she?
Oh, I'm just a long time lurker~
Probably a year or two now, I've done some sprites and game rebalancing before.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Cherrie on April 17, 2012, 02:09:22 am

I'm happy you decided to register, and Hope to see your work.

Lijj

Grand :mrgreen:, I also hope to see more from you. Welcome to FFH.

Taichii

Quote from: Cherrie on April 17, 2012, 02:09:22 am

welcome to ffh where all your dreams come true XD
i think you should start an introduction thread.. back to the topic..
boss lijj XD nice reworks XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

Wrong place to crit someone else but hell, I don't care. Cherrie your portrait is very nice, but that one last pixel at the end of the mouth (the furthest right) makes the whole mouth look strange. Awesome job on the hair though. Is it an existing FF character or some other character from another game or totally custom?

As for Lijj, just search my name or Cactuar or whatever, you should (unless someone here deleted it) find it instantly...either way that portrait wasn't a good example of my work, at all. That was more or less FF XIII's Cactuar, shrunk it down, changed its colors to more pleasing FFT ones. If you seriously wanna crit my stuff, its not like I'm hiding it, its pretty much all here: http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/jonsbucketsprites/

The unfinished stuff doesn't need crits, and a lotta stuff is ripped (obviously doesn't either). I think you'll find a dozen + Cactuar portraits on there if you're seriously interested in criting that.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Eternal248 on April 16, 2012, 08:31:45 pmFirst, keep things civil. No need to call it a flame war or anything, PGF. Usually calling something a flame war makes it turn into one. >_>

*falls back on ground, resting on his flamethrower pack*
Aw shucks, no flame war?
*explodes, and flies away, ass flaming*
PHHHHBBBBBBTTTBTTBTTBTTBTTBTTBTTBTT!

Lijj

Wow I don't even know where to start critiquing those.. so I wont even go there. I HATE rips that is all I can say

Jon

Like I said, rips are rips, don't need crits. Why do you even wanna crit me? I mean most of this stuff is done, I don't think I'll be working on it anymore anyways. Its not like my crits towards you were personal or anything, I just stated what I believed. If you wanna evil crit me outta revenge or whatever go right ahead, but I honestly can tell when its out of some spite reason.

Edit: Also about my portrait on here, you got me curious, you made it (duh) but I changed it to how I liked it and saw fit. If you seriously wanna crit something, crit my portrait, I'm willing to further improve it. Right now I cannot see anything too wrong with it, then again that's me and I need outside crits.

Lijj

Decided to post an update of the black mage male; a lot of reworking on the actual sprite was done, also new portraits and palettes :

(Female update soon)

Mando

The clarity on the sprite and portrait has improved by a lot. I'll look closer to see if there is anything odd. Also that is cool on how the singing makes his eyes grow larger.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Jon

Looks very good, but I have a question: you know the two raised arms for casting spells? I always imagined Black Mages had black skin everywhere, maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe their head is covered by like a mask or something...

Lijj

hmm I guess the original ones do have black skin.  I could change it if you guys want.

Lydyn

That doesn't make sense. =P How would someone's skin change from class to class? I just imagined it was their hat's casting a really dark shadow or they wore a black mask.

Eternal

Quote from: Lydyn on July 29, 2012, 07:51:58 pm
That doesn't make sense. =P How would someone's skin change from class to class? I just imagined it was their hat's casting a really dark shadow or they wore a black mask.

The same way a black Dancer/Thief turns white when invited.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lydyn

Lijj

August 02, 2012, 02:35:35 am #818 Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:13:12 am by Lijj

Alright (sorry this didn't come sooner).. I have updated both black mages; now they should be pretty tight (they were made before I really knew what I was doing) Oh yeah, I made them black too; I always thought it was a mystical shadow of some sort like Lydyn:

__
__

Lijj

August 02, 2012, 02:59:51 am #819 Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:26:46 am by Lijj
^^^^^^^^^
I also updated the male white mage's portrait a little (it turned out to be a pain because the palettes got messed up in the process; I finaly came up with a tedious solution though):
__