• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:55:49 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Hot Feet

Started by Mysfit, December 02, 2015, 06:50:45 pm

Mysfit

Hi all,
So, I encountered a hypothetical situation as I was thinking about potential changes and wanted to know if someone here more experienced than myself might already know how this particular scenario would resolve.

Say a unit had the Float status applied to them temporarily and stopped over a lava tile. If the Float status was removed while the unit was still on that tile with no other means of permitting passage over lava, what would happen? Would the unit receive damage or crystallize? Would the game freak out and crash? Would it just be goofy and have nothing happen at all?
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

o.o

Why have we never encountered this before? Can floating units even step over lava ( if I was a lazy programmer, and I am, that's what I would do to stop this from happening :P )?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eternal

Units with Float status cannot move/stop on lava. Units with Float Movement Ability can, I believe.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

Aha! Just as I suspected! (kind of).
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

theultrawolf

December 03, 2015, 12:37:32 am #4 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:21:36 am by theultrawolf
I'm gonna test this right now.
(Edit: They're right, although having a unit fall on lava won't glitch the game/turn them to crystal, they just won't be able to move.)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

Quote from: Eternal on December 02, 2015, 07:01:40 pm
Units with Float status cannot move/stop on lava. Units with Float Movement Ability can, I believe.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mysfit

Ah, I see! I mistakenly thought the status and the movement ability both behaved the same way. That solves it then. Thanks very much.

Angel

Innate abilities do not always behave the same as temporary abilities. You can cast Re-Raise on a unit over and over, but innate Re-Raise lets that user auto-raise once, and never again.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?