• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:38:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Editing World Events & Drawing

Started by Xifanie, May 03, 2009, 05:21:19 pm

Xifanie

May 03, 2009, 05:21:19 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:00:45 pm by Xifanie
So with this you can change when the game draws paths and locations... but not only this, you can change where and when the next storyline event will happen. It's possible that this controls everything relating to subquests too as you're not limited to storyline progression when choosing a condition.

I need someone to help me with this.

I made an excel editor that I joined in this post.

I can teach the basics but I don't know a lot myself.

If you see for example 6E000400
006E = condition based on storyline progress.
0004 = value, 04 is set after the first even at Igros after saving Algus.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

May 03, 2009, 06:02:24 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very cool stuff Zodiac. I look forward to taking a look at this soon. I know Lasting Dawn is going to be all over this when he sees it.
Current Projects:

Kokojo

May 03, 2009, 07:07:40 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
wow, neat. I may help when i can get back on my CPU, il tell you tonight. This seem awesome, our own scenarios!
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Goomba

May 03, 2009, 07:40:07 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Amazing.

Kaijyuu

May 03, 2009, 09:26:44 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
O.O

Excellent. Although, does this have anything to do with what dots go to which map/event? And is it possible to make new locations (maybe out of that blank one)?

SentinalBlade

May 03, 2009, 09:47:43 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
If you scroll at a decent speed, There will be numbers on the line between Zirkile Falls and Bed Dessert.

As of now, i dont think we can put blank ones onto the map, you might need pixel co-ordinates, maybe in a similar setup to unit positions on a map.

After a bit zodiac, the numbers shorten. there arent as many lines. Example would be Bed Desert and Zirkile Falls,  The falls has a long list of numbers, the Desert, and the ones a good ways before it, have one line. Do you just not have it discovered or figured out yet for those maps, or do the maps with a longer list of numbers need those to function, and things like bed desert only need that?

Kaijyuu

May 03, 2009, 09:57:00 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Here's my theory:

Each line does something to the map. Zirekile Falls has 9 lines, 8 of which have 6E001200. 12 can reasonably be assumed to be what happens after saving Ovelia.
You:
Erase the line to Bethla Garrison (1)
Draw a line to Zaland (2)
Draw a line to Barius Hill (3)
Draw a line to Lionel Castle (4)

That leaves 4 lines. Maybe those change the color of and/or draw dots? (change color of Zirekile falls to green, draw Zaland/Barius/Lionel and make them red)

All Bed Desert would do would change it's dot's color to green, so it'd only need one line.

SentinalBlade

May 03, 2009, 10:31:14 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Yea, but it only has 1. period. it doesnt have one that draws anything, it doesnt have one to initiate the next story partition, its just..there.

Your are most likely right about the bethla garrison eraseing, but the other two seem less likely for an odd reason. I would have to wait for zodiac on this, i have no idea how this would work or behave, but it seems like bed desert would have more than one line... and some of the other maps that have actual story progression and map unlocks only have 1 line... >.<

Kaijyuu

May 03, 2009, 10:45:29 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"and some of the other maps that have actual story progression and map unlocks only have 1 line... >.<
Hrm? Like what?

Riovanes has 13 lines: 7 lines to draw, 5 dots to draw, and the color change of it's own dot. Just like it should.
Yardow has 1: just a color change of it's own dot.

What confuses me is Limberry. There should be 5 lines of code: 2 to draw lines through Dolbodar, drawing it's dot, changing it's own color and that of Igros. It only has two lines of code.

Zodiac will have to enlighten us.

Xifanie

May 04, 2009, 06:17:51 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You don't actually see Dolbodar drawn on on map, same with Bevernia volcano and the Igros/Zeakden path.

That's already possible in events, you can also activate dots and change its color in events; after spamming the whole map I had a full map and only red dots.

Red dots don't mean something will happen there. It really requires the kind of editing we're talking about now.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

SentinalBlade

May 04, 2009, 03:06:26 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
That explains much and prevents any further confusion as to what it is meant for.

but how come there are so many lines fore Zirekille? whats the difference between that and Bed Desert, if al the drawing and color changing can be done in events?

LastingDawn

May 04, 2009, 04:33:26 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I can't recall... but there are such things as unique propositions if I recall, may it be that some of these unknowns deal with them? (Though that doesn't explain away Zirekile...)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

May 04, 2009, 04:36:17 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
There is a lot happening at Zirekille Falls. For one you have Gafgarion as a guest changing sides (correct?), then you have Ovelia joining as a guest afterwords (well kind of, she is rather invisible). The instructions may relate to specific characters being in your party, or other events being completed.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

May 04, 2009, 04:42:28 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I couldn't see that because those are all very simple matters handled ordinarily by the game. ENTD dealings and nothing more, without those "precautions" emulating them would be a simplistic matter, so it must be something more, or something they left out of the final game.

EDIT:The Japanese got a jump on us in this matter, not only in map creation and map structure, but also in these event departments here. Of course a more... legible translation would do us a ton of good.

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... l=ja&tl=en

Art of War

Kaije

June 10, 2009, 11:02:30 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaije
Quote from: "Zodiac"So with this you can change when the game draws paths and locations... but not only this, you can change where and when the next storyline event will happen. It's possible that this controls everything relating to subquests too as you're not limited to storyline progression when choosing a condition.

I need someone to help me with this.

I made an excel editor that I joined in this post.

I can teach the basics but I don't know a lot myself.

Has any progression been made regarding the world events?

Xifanie

June 11, 2009, 12:53:40 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I should start touching this again in less than two weeks. I'm currently busy with something else.

But no, no progress yet.

DonalbaneBeoulve

June 11, 2009, 04:29:56 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DonalbaneBeoulve
Nice, maybe some previously unaccessible locations such as the Lenalia Mainstreet (via World Debug) can be accessible!

LastingDawn

June 11, 2009, 11:11:14 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
We can actually do that currently... that's a simple change in Attack.out, problem is with most maps like that, they're unfinished.

Art of War

Shade

June 12, 2009, 05:24:07 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
So we have now gotten far on this game with this.

Question can we have sub map. that is diffrent from main map.
Some little location that you can't see in map, but if you would enter some portal or some crap then you would be there.

Could that be possible?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

LastingDawn

June 12, 2009, 12:16:24 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's how Murond works, with branching events that's a rather simplicity in actuality.

Art of War