• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Initiate skills. Few questions.

Started by C1REX, March 01, 2018, 08:50:23 pm

C1REX

Hi,

I want to test jobs with different sets of initiate skills and I have few questions.

- If I enable "move find item", "defend", "weapon guard", "equip change" in ASM patcher does it use the 4 slots for initiate skills or is it hidden behind and I can add more?

- Can I add reaction abilities as initiate skill? Can I add more than 1? Does the order I put them on the list matter?

Many thanks :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Aiolon

i couldn't understand your first question but yes you can have all those Innate abilities activated with patcher and working just fine and you can only add 1 more (the one equipped into your unit slot)

as for the second the answer is NO. innate abilities always take priority over the ones your character has equipped and your character will always ignore any reaction you gave it in the formation screen. reactions as innates are only useful for monsters and they can only have 1
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

C1REX

March 02, 2018, 03:34:02 am #2 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:09:22 am by C1REX
The first question is about asm patcher where you can for example tick an option for "move find item initiate for all". Does it use 1 of 4 slots from the standard patcher?

Standard patcher has an option to add 4 initiate skills for all jobs and I wonder how it works with asm patcher that have few options to apply initiate skills globally.

I also know that some skills can stack and I can have move find item and move get xp at the same time but what about reaction abilities?

Also there is a global initiate skill "weapon parry" in asm patcher. Does it work with other reaction abilities. Are there more reactions that can work with others? Catch item for example can be such one?

I will be testing all this out but moding already takes many hours a day from my life and I want to save some if somebody already know the answer.

Nyzer

I'm pretty sure the ASM for giving everyone innate parry doesn't actually equip a skill; it just enables the weapon's evasion stat to be active by default.

Trying to set an innate Reaction will force the character to equip that Reaction (and therefore unequip the one they actually have set) when they start a battle in that Job.