• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:21 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

7 portraits in 7 days

Started by Lijj, January 28, 2013, 08:01:50 pm

Mobius

Bring on the 'cobos.

All my pixels are free to use freely and in all ways free to edit freely for ultimate freedom.. So feel free. 

(There sure hasn't been any spriting here done lately, in the whole of FFH. Except me. You guys are missing out on the fun.)
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

3lric

Now armor the FFT Chocobo spritesheet :P

You'd be a few people's hero

Nicely done BTW
  • Modding version: PSX

Mari

Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on February 04, 2013, 05:39:38 am
@jimmy
Unconventional port there. I like what you did to her hair. Not sure if you got the right face shape for that angle though. It appears like she has a nose. ;D

@twin
yeah, I noticed that as well. Gonna fix that. EDIT: Fixed!

@celdia
GJ! I like the improvement on her. Keep it up. Still, I can imagine a better port if the hair colors had more contrast on them.

@croz
Hmm.. I can't say they are good as of now, but keep going. Eventually, when you grasp the style, you'll do just great. ;)

@lijj
Great as usual. Adol's eyebrow needs more attitude! Also, I see what you did there to the wizard! You hid his neck!

Day 6. 2nd Mix and Match attempt.
Proof that all you need to have is the reference sheet (mostly for beginners), to easily create your own port.
No custom parts here. All are taken from the reference sheet. I used 9 different ports for reference.

Holy shit, that's amazing.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

soxbaseball0328

Quote from: Kagebunji on June 10, 2013, 11:18:38 am
You have really long hair, haha. I would like to do some portraits, but I don't know on who I should start. Perhaps some Vergil from Devil May Cry.

Did not realize this was here. I'd be more than happy to post the progress on my DMC characters and welcome you to do some tweaking of your own.

Mobius

That would be great. Life for this thread once more.

Hell, I'd join too for the fun of it.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Lijj

Since this became our random portrait thread;
bumpity:

I made a mime unmasked male:

Kagebunji

Oh hell yea. His hair looks really great. Unmasked Mime sprite go! :D
(Seriously, Lijj, go!)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

I don't need much push haha.. I probably will make it since it would be a super easy edit.

Luiakyn

These are really amazing. I remember you coming to the site some time ago, and quickly became an awesome FFT spriter.

I've used you(lijj) as an example in rl and irc of how you can begin "unfavorably", and then become one of the best -- if not the best :P And you did so pretty fast. Excellent work :)

Angel

Lijj is definitely among the best and most talented artists on the site, for sure. Easily in the top 3 spriters I am familiar with. Wonderful work, Lijj!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

D'awww, he's adorable, Lijj! Definitely interested in seeing a concept for the sprite itself.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

;) :oops: ;) :oops: ;) :oops: ;) You are far too kind <3 Toshiko, Celdia and Luiakyn.

_
I went ahead and finished the sheet since it was just drawing head frames and messing with the palette.

Angel

Oooooh~
I really like that second palette. Good stuff!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

:O Great stuff Lijj! This is awesome :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Wooooo! New mime for Jot5 \o/

Awesome stuff Lijj!

Celdia

Quote from: Elric on March 28, 2014, 11:48:31 am
Wooooo! New mime for Jot5 \o/

Funny, I was thinking something similar...

Looks good, Lijj.

Lijj

Yeayah.. we have a male and female set now; always exiting. It's funny, I didn't plan on actually making the sprite. But since Kage asked :)... there it is.

I'll palette it up proper soon and apply the portrait.

Celdia

Quote from: Lijj on March 28, 2014, 09:25:26 pm
Yeayah.. we have a male and female set now; always exiting. It's funny, I didn't plan on actually making the sprite. But since Kage asked :)... there it is.

I'll palette it up proper soon and apply the portrait.

I tried applying the portrait and realized you used a lot of the mantle colors in and around the eyes. I rigged it a bit so there wasn't much color used from the clothes on the face and tried working up a few palettes for my color patterns in CCP2.

The 6th one was my first go and then I realized that the mantle needs to be darker than the shirt.

Lijj

Those look great. I'm glad you have special palettes. I like the bright green you use, as opposed to the olive drab in FFT,  in your other CCP palettes.
Oh but damn! I made little edits to the portrait yesterday; though they're just a few pixels here and there.

Here it is; though the difference is subtle:

I THINK there's a spare color so you could separate it more to further its tweakability... in rush now so I can't double check.