• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

UNIT.BIN/WLDFACE.BIN Help and Question

Started by ktraze, January 25, 2011, 11:47:42 pm

ktraze

January 25, 2011, 11:47:42 pm Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:14:18 pm by ktraze
just recently accomplished patching and swapping sprites of my fftwol iso (psp), next on the agenda seems to be modifying the formation screen to also accept my newly created sprites and portraits. i have CDMage, FFTEVGRP, Shishi already

through FFTPatcher utilities, i  extracted fftpack.bin, are these the files i need in order to accomplish what i want?

also...whne i run fftevgrp and try to open up the event.bin from the pack nothing happens....is there something im doing wrong?

st4rw4k3r

Shall I copy paste what I told you in the PM?
But with more info?

ktraze

January 30, 2011, 10:28:34 pm #2 Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:57:37 pm by ktraze
ok here we (i) go again...

having trouble with cdmage after opening up my psp fft iso...

in the tutorials, it mentioned that when you open the fft iso from cdmage, select RAW as your image type but i dont have that as a selection to chose from in the drop bix (pic. 1)
and when i do open it one of the choices, the event file is nowhere to be seen...anyon have any ideas what ive been doing wrong??

thanks...

Kourama

I was pretty certain that with the PSP version there is a file called fft.bin? This is the file that needs to be decompiled with FFT Patcher and you need to use UMDGen to get it, not CD Mage.

ktraze

Quote from: Kourama on January 31, 2011, 09:34:48 am
I was pretty certain that with the PSP version there is a file called fft.bin? This is the file that needs to be decompiled with FFT Patcher and you need to use UMDGen to get it, not CD Mage.

from what i know, and ive used umdgen, its for compressing files from iso files to cso files...

Vanya

It can also go from cso to iso. then you load the iso into FFTPatcher and use the option to extract the PSP files. Like Kourama said, you don't need cd mage.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯