• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:32:42 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Do you need a writer if so please read this

Started by Massaki71484, April 06, 2014, 07:39:00 pm

Massaki71484

Well enough said I like to write and I think I am pretty good at if you need help writing out a story that is believable and not boring then please shoot me an email @ lancelot71484@gmail.com or message me here. I am also interested in learning how to make a hack as obviously making one requires quite  a bit of people so just the basics if you are willing to teach would be enough.

P.S Do not refer me to a tutorial on here because most likely I have already seen it.

Angel

*Do you need a writer? If so, please read this.

Well, enough said; I like to write, and I think I am pretty good at it. If you need help writing out a story that is believable and not boring, then please shoot me an email at lancelot71484@gmail.com or message me here. I am also interested in learning how to make a hack. Obviously, making one requires quite a bit of people, so just the basics - if you are willing to teach - would be enough.

---

Not doing this to be a bitch, just... well... you requested the basics, and that's about as basic as it gets with writing.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Massaki71484

Well I now know a little(please god no Hex editing jeez FFT Patching for the win.) But like I said I am willing to learn and I have a lot of story ideas and themes enough that I think I could be an asset to a team plus I am dedicated as well you have better hackers of whatever but if they are not dedicated then whats the point.

Celdia

Quote from: Toshiko on April 07, 2014, 08:28:01 am
Not doing this to be a bitch

If you won't then I will since it's clear he didn't catch the hint.

@Massaki: Your writing on the forum here is atrocious. You lack punctuation like a hooker lacks morals. I weep to think about how bad your spelling must be without the spell-checker built into your web browser. If you can't present yourself as a competent writer in such a simple place as an online forum, I can't imagine anyone wanting you on their team for anything even remotely related to writing. Go take a few courses on proper English first and then maybe come back here and see if anyone already working on a project is looking for help. Throwing yourself out there like this isn't likely to have many results.

Having dedication is all well and good, but a handful of ideas and the belief that you're willing to do the kind of work needed for a project here isn't going to be enough to get anyone interesting in having you on their team. You're better off trying to learn the different utilities yourself to get an understanding of them as well as an understanding of how these projects require hundreds upon hundreds of man-hours of work to complete.

You want to make yourself look useful to a team looking for help on a project? Learn the ins and outs of the utilities people working on a serious project - people dedicated to creating something from nearly nothing for the sheer pleasure of doing so - will expect you to know how to use when you say would be "an asset to a team." Go grab FFTacText and take some time trying to change the names and descriptions of some items and weapons. Then do it for all of them. Then move onto skills. Don't forget to change the spell quotes to match the new skill text. Then test to make sure it all looks right in-game. None of that requires you learning any of the SCARY HEX EDITING. Let me know how eager you still are to work on someone else's project after all that.

Then maybe you should take a few minutes to realize that we didn't used to have a tool as simple and user-friendly as TacText to work with. Every edit used to be done with hex editing way back in the day. Many of us still remember that. It isn't looked kindly on around here when someone reacts to hex the way you do. It is a fundamental part of every project we make. If you really are, as you say, "interested in learning how to make a hack" then you should do yourself the favor of learning how hex editing works. I won't even comment on "making one requires quite a bit of people."

Those of us that work on these projects are damned serious about getting them finished. We don't want some jack-off cluttering our shit up with terrible writing like what you've presented in this thread. Go spend some time making yourself knowledgeable about how things work here and at least put some effort into the appearance of competence before you try to sell yourself as skilled in anything. So far you just look like a moron. No one wants to work with a moron.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Massaki71484

April 08, 2014, 09:42:14 am #4 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:59:16 am by Massaki71484
1). I am American and I speak and write English everyday.

2.) I am in college now and I take English classes just like everybody else.

3). Ok, I will do.

4.) What are you two hinting at?

5). Hundreds of hours of work is no problem. I like to work.

6.)  Anyone can look like anything to another person that is subjective. I don't see why it matter how I look online because that literally makes no sense. How can you look at a person online -_-? I will try and work on a better impression, still you sound upset you ok want to talk about it? I am here for you if you want it talk.

7).I am learning about hex editing each day and continue to it is tedious thats why I said that. Not scared of it just that I think that I would, done' fuck'ed it up it someone would tell me to do some hex editing. 

8.) I am good at long term projects like writing long ass, 10-20 page, term papers and building reveals and stuff like that.(Did I mention I am good at wood working?) 

9). Why do Hookers need morals, hell why do anyone need morals?

10.) Nice to meet you.

11). I like your name

12.) Why would I need to think to back in the day....if I am moving forward? That's like using Windows 95 instead of Windows 7/8. Plus I realize that I MIGHT have to learn how to be a good Hex editor or whatever but jeez dude when I read your post I sensed anger. Did someone upset you today, family or friends or did I? I am sorry for upsetting you if that makes you feel better and I hope your day goes smoothly from here on out.

13). Good Luck with all of your projects

14.) I even played your patch and the Demo guy on the plains of after Gariland is still one shot'ing my whole team. But I liked it and your and your team did a good job you really did. You guys deserve a clap on the back. Seriously it was fun, I loved it.

15). Did you eat your breakfast this morning that usually makes me cranky in the morning going to class hungry. Maybe you should eat more fiber in the morning if that is making you cranky.

16.) Why did you say you have to be a bitch? Does that make you feel good being a bitch to people? If so please we can discuss this :D. I understand that I might seem like a moron to you(Sorry?) but still if that makes you have to make yourself more harsh to explain your point then what would be the point of explaining when your actual point(or at least I think so) is to scare me away and leave the big boys to do their work. That's not fun for anybody. What if someone told you that you were a moron? How would you feel? Words can hurt people many people do not realize that but saying hurtful things to people online is just wrong. What if I was a 14 year old kid and killed myself? Would that have made your point of being a bitch meaningful? I think not? This is a suggestion because we all can learn from each other, but maybe you should be more tactful or at least less.....rough. I don't mind because I have grown accustom to it but still everybody is not an emotional rock.

17). Did someone call you a moron so know you like to call other people morons?

18.) Ever think about how many people you have hurt with yours words or how many hurtful things you say without even realizing the true depth of your words. I know I usually don't but upon reading your post it made me think about that maybe you should to. So we can all grow together and make the world a better place. :D

19). Did you draw that spite?

20.) Thank you for your time in writing your post it means a lot.

Dome

Just a friendly advice, Massaki

Dont write this kind of posts: Right or wrong, they make you look like an asshole...not a good way to introduce yourself

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Massaki71484

April 08, 2014, 11:29:46 am #6 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:46:14 am by Massaki71484
Ok will do did I I am going down the items desc. now and editing each one and so far I am at the whips. Question how can you increase the range of weapons in FFT Patch(besides weapons that already have a range of two or higher), because I tried to make all knifes in the game have a range of 2 by just up'ing the range to 2 but that did not work I figured it out for abilities just now for items/weapons is is a formula? Do I juse copy the formula for like spears or something or do you have to change the actual code for all knifes to have a range of 2?

P.S/Notes to self:
Dual Rod Job was an amazing idea
Statis Sword with a Range of 3 is very good.
Night Sword is pretty balanced with 80 percent Acc.
Having Squires innate skill be Acc/Shout turned out pretty good
Dragons with Fly was an amazing idea.
Never give Chocobos Haste...EVER.
Never give Goblins 6 move
Never give Goblins Triple Attack/Bracelet
Dual wielding rod job was an awesome idea
Dual wielding crossbows is freaking amazing
Dual wielding guns is amazing
Never give Chocobo's Yell
Never give thieves Shadow Snatch/Stitch
The Assassin Job is way too strong with Yell/Tailwind jeez that was a bad idea

Ryqoshay

Woo! I can post now! I shall not deny that I held a bit of trepidation about the possibility of straying outside my beloved Spam and RP.

Massaki-san, I must say, for someone who claims to be a good writer, you seem to have missed a fairly big concept in writing theory: Show, don't tell. I, for one, have quite a number of posts in this forum and in not a single one have I claimed to be a good writer. If anyone in this community believes me to be so, it is because they have formulated that opinion on their own based on reading what I have shown them, not because I told them.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration in offering to help and being rebuffed in a rather gruff manner. You must, however, realize that is simply Cel's style. Hang around these parts of the interwebs long enough and you will come to realize there is good reason behind the collective distain for boasting without the backing of proof of skill.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

3lric

April 08, 2014, 10:08:34 pm #8 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:18:04 pm by Elric
QuoteI don't see why it matter how I look online because that literally makes no sense. How can you look at a person online -_-? I will try and work on a better impression, still you sound upset you ok want to talk about it? I am here for you if you want it talk.

Matters* ,* ,* also, because if you look/sound/act like an ass online, or furthermore, if you claim to be a good writer, yet cannot even make
coherent sentences, that really doesn't do much for your case, now does it?

Quote7).I am learning about hex editing each day and continue to it is tedious thats why I said that. Not scared of it just that I think that I would, done' fuck'ed it up it someone would tell me to do some hex editing.

that's* (not even gonna attempt to fix that other derps in this one)

Quote9). Why do Hookers need morals, hell why do anyone need morals?

,*

Quote12.) Why would I need to think to back in the day....if I am moving forward? That's like using Windows 95 instead of Windows 7/8. Plus I realize that I MIGHT have to learn how to be a good Hex editor or whatever but jeez dude when I read your post I sensed anger. Did someone upset you today, family or friends or did I? I am sorry for upsetting you if that makes you feel better and I hope your day goes smoothly from here on out.

We are modding FFT, not CoD. Win95 > Win7/8

Quote19). Did you draw that spite?

Sprite*

Quote10.) Nice to meet you.

11). I like your name

12.) Why would I need to think to back in the day....if I am moving forward? That's like using Windows 95 instead of Windows 7/8. Plus I realize that I MIGHT have to learn how to be a good Hex editor or whatever but jeez dude when I read your post I sensed anger. Did someone upset you today, family or friends or did I? I am sorry for upsetting you if that makes you feel better and I hope your day goes smoothly from here on out.

13). Good Luck with all of your projects

15). Did you eat your breakfast this morning that usually makes me cranky in the morning going to class hungry. Maybe you should eat more fiber in the morning if that is making you cranky.

16.) Why did you say you have to be a bitch? Does that make you feel good being a bitch to people? If so please we can discuss this :D. I understand that I might seem like a moron to you(Sorry?) but still if that makes you have to make yourself more harsh to explain your point then what would be the point of explaining when your actual point(or at least I think so) is to scare me away and leave the big boys to do their work. That's not fun for anybody. What if someone told you that you were a moron? How would you feel? Words can hurt people many people do not realize that but saying hurtful things to people online is just wrong. What if I was a 14 year old kid and killed myself? Would that have made your point of being a bitch meaningful? I think not? This is a suggestion because we all can learn from each other, but maybe you should be more tactful or at least less.....rough. I don't mind because I have grown accustom to it but still everybody is not an emotional rock.

17). Did someone call you a moron so know you like to call other people morons?

I will tell you this only once, being a condescending asshole to someone who has been here forever and has DONE the work she has, is a quick road to getting
yourself a horrible reputation and having no one to work with. Everything Celdia said had a point to it, just as what Toshiko said. To then come in with your
"was someone mean to you? do you need a hug? well im here if you need to talk" bullshit, kinda makes me wanna punch you in the fuckin' mouth, just sayin'...

Angel

Just gonna step in and say that I do not feel a ban would be appropriate in this situation. That is all.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Quote from: Toshiko on April 08, 2014, 10:16:51 pm
Just gonna step in and say that I do not feel a ban would be appropriate in this situation. That is all.

I removed that part of my post. However, I will only deal with so much disrespect from new members
to old members before its back on the table.

kyozo22

Quote from: Elric on April 08, 2014, 10:08:34 pm

I will tell you this only once, being a condescending asshole to someone who has been here forever and has DONE the work she has, is a quick road to getting
yourself a horrible reputation and having no one to work with. Everything Celdia said had a point to it, just as what Toshiko said. To then come in with your
"was someone mean to you? do you need a hug? well im here if you need to talk" bullshit, kinda makes me wanna punch you in the fuckin' mouth, just sayin'...

Agreed. However, I don't think the fact that it's Celdia that he's being an idiot to that's urging me to punch him, personally.

Don't get me wrong, I've lurked enough to see that she's done a fuckton of work on both versions of her Complete patch, I just think his complete attitude is the issue here.

(Choosing to then act like that to a member that's been round since the beginning of the site (I think?) and has sunk countless hours into the online community's work and personal patches  alike just heightens that feeling of 'WTF!? Piss off'. For me, at least.)

Attempting to be helpful now, for once: Massaki, why not do some sort of creative writing piece/ script work and post it in the Spam section? Take your time to make sure you get your grammar and punctuation, etc all placed correctly and then show us what you can do - you'd get a far warmer welcome than from the passive aggression that just seeps from your posts.

I don't think it's Celdia that needs to re-assess her attitude and how she comes across, I think that that 'honour' goes to you.

Anyway, said my piece. Ball's in your court now, Massaki.
  • Modding version: WotL

Ryqoshay

April 09, 2014, 12:04:40 am #12 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:35:49 am by Ryqoshay
Woo! Story time!

* Ryqoshay runs off to get ingredients for s'mores.

* Ryqoshay runs back sans s'mores.

Oooo! Idea! Write something I can add to my poetry corner!

* Ryqoshay scampers off again.

Dome

Elric, no one should be "an ass" to others, no matter how much you have been around.
Having contributed a lot shouldn't allow you to mock others as well

You know what happens when someone gets that idea in his/her mind...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Ryqoshay

* Ryqoshay returns with s'mores.

Awww... You guys must have scared him off with all your threats of violence. I even made my own marshmallows...