• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:09:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The fate of Prince Orinas?

Started by Devreckas, December 12, 2013, 03:33:33 pm

Devreckas

Is it ever mentioned at the end of the game what happens to Prince Orinas? Or Queen Ruvelia for that matter?  I mean, technically, the Prince is still suppose to have first claim to the throne.  Of course, that doesn't matter if there is no one left to back his claim.  I would suppose when Queen Ovelia and King Delita took the throne, Orinas would be to much of a liability to just allow him to stick around; they would either have to kill him or lock him up in Bethla for treason.  Maybe whoever was left who supported Orinas helped him flee Ivalice?

Angel

Nope, never mentioned. Not in English, anyway, and no idea about Japanese. I doubt that the writers completely overlooked his presence, but one way or another, it's never stated in-game.

With no Goltana to back Orinas' right, Ovelia pretty much takes the throne unopposed, especially since Delita came from Goltana's troops. His Brave Story entry doesn't ever show him as dead, so he wasn't silently killed off screen. Perhaps he just grows up as weak as his father and is content to sit quietly in a posh castle with no power.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Timbo

If he wasn't killed before Delita and Ovelia's deaths his claim becomes legitimized. Meaning one of Goltana's bannermen would get custody and would keep him alive to maintain power. I would say that Olan would be the best bet, who knows when he was burned as a heretic. Is it assumed the Orlandu died/faked his death as well?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Angel

Nothing is stated about anyone escaping other than Ramza and Alma. I'd guess everybody else would have, but Orlandu was already pretty up there in age.

And did Delita die then? He was stabbed first, but he still continued to live after stabbing Ovelia.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

formerdeathcorps

After Delita takes power, Orinas is sent off to Romanda as an exile to live the rest of his days.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

Where did you figure this out FDC?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

"Having Larg Bestrada as his regent and assassinated, Orinas Atkascha leads the life of a fugitive, and finally takes refuge in Romanda. Ruvelia Atkascha is released from Bethla Garrison."

That's what I wrote on my FFT Timeline. It's probably in the brave story.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful