• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Panda_Tar

Next was Grog Hills, Fort Zeakden and Yuguo Woods. Party in those three battles were Samurai Ramza, Lancer, Ninja, Mustadio (first and third), Summoner (second) and Wizard.

If not having Mustadio in the first battle, only if you take too long to reach the opposing forces that you can have any problem. Actually, I think that battle might be difficult not to win.

Fort Zeakden was fairly ok due AoE spells taking down all ninjas at once, but not before being able to steal one of the swords. Sadly, I ended up damaging Malak too much and couldn't steal any of his equipments. All in all, the battle was easy all thanks to the Wizard. Having my Summoner almost had no use, actually. If it was Mustadio, Boco or Agrias, it might have been much faster.

Yuguo Woods was ok, although it started dragging on a bit when people started returning from the dead, at least those who weren't petrified or poached.

I'm now about to go to Riovannes Castle, which ignites in memory at least 2 tough battles. I think you first choose from where you storm the castle, north or south. Then you face Wiegraf ... then Belias; and then that roof battle.

Another map that it glitches is the southern Swamp, but it might be related to emulator, as you said.
  • Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Protosz

Thanks for taking the time to make this mod, feels like theres no games to play and i don't feel like playing fft/1.3 so ill give this a try.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Hey Protosz, welcome to FFH, and thank you for giving KO a try! FFT was one of my very first games as a kid (doing Dorter when you're 7 is a tricky affair), and when I designed KO, I aimed to make it as polished and fun of an experience as possible for both new and returning fans. I hope you enjoy the journey through Ivalice once more, and feedback both positive and negative is welcomed and encouraged. Thank you so much for joining us!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

KP3228

Oh man, I'm happy to see this updated again after so long. ^_^

I've just started going thru it again, and I'd had two questions:

Any way to add in the hack that allows you control the AI/Guest Characters?
Or, is it already suppose to do that, and something broke on my end? =/

Also, I've tried to look over the change logs, but is there just a list of what jobs require what levels now?
Or did I just miss that?

Eternal

Hey there! Guests aren't controllable in KO. It's something I've considered, but I feel like it'd take away from some of the challenge in Chapter I and that it'd take away from Vanilla's feel too much. If you want to make Guests controllable, I'd suggest looking into downloading the FFTPatcher which comes with FFTorgASM, a program that allows you to make that change. Hope you enjoy KO! :D
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Wandering Cloud

I'm wondering if I messed up installing the patch somehow. I noticed that accumulate costs 14 mp, and clouds limits don't have a CT of zero. Was this changed somewhere along the patch notes? Just trying to make sure I actually have it installed.

KP3228

Quote from: Eternal on December 29, 2016, 08:41:53 pm
Hey there! Guests aren't controllable in KO. It's something I've considered, but I feel like it'd take away from some of the challenge in Chapter I and that it'd take away from Vanilla's feel too much. If you want to make Guests controllable, I'd suggest looking into downloading the FFTPatcher which comes with FFTorgASM, a program that allows you to make that change. Hope you enjoy KO! :D

I lost the patcher awhile back, and couldn't find it again.
Thanks. ^^

Eternal

Wandering Cloud, it sounds like you've patched everything correctly. Cloud's Limits have a CT and Accumulate does cost 14 MP, so you're good to go! Do note, however, that Accumulate's MP cost reduces to 0 in Chapter IV for Ramza, so don't be alarmed when it suddenly becomes free, haha.

KP3228

One other question for you:
It says Monster Skill is suppose to work on a target friendly monster within a range of three.
But, the hidden ability seems to only shows/works when a monster is adjacent to the unit, and not anywhere else.

Is that how it's suppose to work, or was it like that in the vanilla version too?

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

KP3228

Quote from: Xifanie on December 31, 2016, 07:16:40 pm
Yes, that's how it worked in vanilla as well.

Ah, understood.

One other thing I've noticed:
The Steel Hawk bird-monster has an ability called "Shine Lover."
But, when I try to use it, or see what it does, the screen just kind of gets weird, but no crashes or anything.

I am on ePSXe, just because I had that setup.
Not sure if that's the issue, or if it's something patch related?

Also, everything else seems good so far.
The first Wiegraf is still kind of rough, but I always have a hard time with it, so that's probably just me.

Eternal

Looks like the description is just too long. I'll fix that now, thanks for noticing it. I'm also fixing Monster Skill's description. I thought I did that ages ago. :P

EDIT: For the record, it cancels a charging enemy's ability.

KP3228

Quote from: Eternal on December 31, 2016, 08:27:18 pm
Looks like the description is just too long. I'll fix that now, thanks for noticing it. I'm also fixing Monster Skill's description. I thought I did that ages ago. :P

EDIT: For the record, it cancels a charging enemy's ability.

Ah, that's good to know. ^^

One other small thing:
The "Pisco Demon?", one of the squid guys, has a Confusion Ray.
Says it should about 20 MP, but it seems to cost zero when I use.
Or, maybe MP just doesn't display on monster units, kind of like how charge times don't show up right?

Eternal

Monster MP is a funny thing. If a skill consumes MP, it won't consume MP if used by a monster, but the monster would still need enough max MP to be able to use it. However, Counter Magic -does- consume MP.

KP3228

Quote from: Eternal on December 31, 2016, 09:27:05 pm
Monster MP is a funny thing. If a skill consumes MP, it won't consume MP if used by a monster, but the monster would still need enough max MP to be able to use it. However, Counter Magic -does- consume MP.

Wow, that is really weird.

But, if I see that again, just don't worry about noting it?
It's more just a limit within the game/mods itself, right?

Eternal

Yeah, it's already known and there isn't too much I can do about it unless Emmy has found a fix for that. Regardless, it makes monsters more useful since they can spell spam without consuming MP so in some regards I like it.

KP3228

Quote from: Eternal on December 31, 2016, 09:41:21 pm
Yeah, it's already known and there isn't too much I can do about it unless Emmy has found a fix for that. Regardless, it makes monsters more useful since they can spell spam without consuming MP so in some regards I like it.

Yup, I'm liking it too.

I've always wanted to focus on a monster party, but they have some issues in the vanilla game. =/

Eternal

One of the goals of 2.6 was to make monsters far more interesting and viable, so hopefully you have fun with a monster party! (Boco is your friend.)

KP3228

Quote from: Eternal on December 31, 2016, 10:25:57 pm
One of the goals of 2.6 was to make monsters far more interesting and viable, so hopefully you have fun with a monster party! (Boco is your friend.)

Yup, I got him a bit ago.
He's quite good. ^^

One other question:
Are the "Elemental" attacks working a different formula now?
I can't figure out how it's suppose to scale up/down damage-wise?

Eternal

Elemental is the same as it ever was, more or less. Elemental is based on both MA and PA, but boosting MA has a greater effect in the formula IIRC, and also IIRC, Magic Attack Up boosts it.