• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:33:31 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help - Required Weapon Hack

Started by Behemoth, October 30, 2016, 11:00:27 am

Behemoth

October 30, 2016, 11:00:27 am Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:11:50 pm by Behemoth
Hello guys!

Sorry about my English, I am still learning.

I am working on a mod based on Ragnarok Online, I will change almost every job and lot of skills, so here comes my first problem, I want to change the Archer class into Ranger and remove the charge command, because I have some skills that I want to add, but, these skills will require a Bow (Like Arrow Storm for example, there's no sense using it with an axe), I know that there's an ASM that changes "Require Sword" into Require X weapon, but, I want to change it into Require Knight's Sword, so, this is not an option for me.

My question,

Is there another hack that can change the type of weapon required by X skill? I also desire to add some spear only abilities, so, if there's a way, please light my path.  :)

Another question, Is it possible to create a skill that hits exactly like Spin Fist and cause knockback to the four targets? For the oneĀ“s who know, I tried to create a skill with the magnum break effect, but wihtout success.

If anyone is interested, send me a message and I'll explain my mod and what I've done until now.
  • Modding version: PSX

Emmy

October 30, 2016, 01:48:50 pm #1 Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:07:40 pm by Emmy
If you're willing to get rid of the Materia Blade, and change that to require Bow:

<Patch name="Require Materia Blade -> Require Item Type X (Default Lance)">
    <Description>
      Require Materia Blade -> Require Item Type X (Default 0x0F = Lance)
      Weapon Type List: 00 = Fists 01 = Daggers 02 = Ninjato 03 = Sword 04 = Knight Sword 05 = Katana 06 = Axe 07 = Rod 08 = Staff 09 = Flail 0A = Gun 0B = Crossbow 0C = Bow 0D = Instrument 0E = Book 0F = Lance 10 = Stick/Pole 11 = Bag 12 = Carpet/Veil
    </Description>
    <Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4CE24" mode="ASM">
      li      t0, 0x0f
      move      v1, a1
      sll     t1, v1, 1
      addu     t1, t1, v1
      sll     t1, t1, 2
      lui     at, 0x8006
      addu     at, at, t1
      lbu     v0, 0x2ebd(at)
      lbu     t3, 0x0184(s1)
      subu      t1, v0, t0
      sltiu     t1, t1, 1
      sll     t1, t1, 2
      or     t3, t3, t1
      j       0x5c668
      sb     t3, 0x0184(s1)
    </Location>
    <Variable name="X" file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4CE24" default="0F" />
  </Patch>

Alternately, you can use the ARH.  This idea is recommended if you need more than 2 item types that you need for abilities.

If you want to make Archer's skillset do anything other than Charge, I highly recommend removing the hardcoding on that skillset:

<Patch name="Silly hardcoding removal, related to skillset 08">
    <Description>If you use skillset 08 (charge) for anything other than charge, you want to use this hack.</Description>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="1191a0">
FFFF0234
    </Location>
  </Patch>

This keeps characters from canceling their own spells from this skillset by moving.

Iirc the "knockback" formula can only cause knockback on 1 target. :(

Behemoth