• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:36:41 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Mercenaries Job Sprite Ideas (update: soon)(Image Heavy)

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 07, 2009, 05:50:42 am

Kagebunji

Sure, I will complete it then, it is not too much work
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Mav's portrait is great. Was a FFTA paladin mentioned? The turbine could be a good thing to base it off of. They already look pretty similar.

LastingDawn

The Turban wearing fellow in Mercenaries is already delegated to the Reliquian, (this is based more on DQ-style merchants as their design is influenced by the Mid-East) And also as a reference to Minwu, who in terms I believe is referenced in FFTA's Paladin. Hence the reason why the final Relic for the Reliquian is the Orb of Minwu, which casts Tome of Ultima.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

Slight update. I know his head should be moved one pixel to the right on back side view, no need to say it.

mav

Great looking sprite. My only gripe is that the clothes and hair share all the same shades--that may limit this sprite palette-wise. Anyhow, keep at it.

Kagebunji

I didn't thin of this, Mav. This can pose a problem indeed. But I have a solution, since I don't use Balthier's blonde hair colors, I can use them for some extra colors for clothes. I think his hair consists of 4 shades. Ideas time pals!

LastingDawn

I think Red/Gold/Yellow Might be an interesting combination (something akin to Shrine Knight Wiegraf's palette). Though when it comes to fashion and... that other word which I cannot think of, it's fine.

Art of War

Kagebunji

Red gold or yellow might ruin the shadowy impression I wanted to give him(you know, sneaking and stuff), with flashy colors like those he will stand out, hehe. It won't make it look bad though, so I can try. Know this though, I wanted to give him brown hair using four remaining colors, it would make it very easy to change palettes then. So it is a poll then:
1.Give him brown hair along with all palettes.
2.Give him more colorful clothes.
It is up to you guys, I am fine with both choices

Edit: I already tried brown hair. It is darkened Izlude's hair

LastingDawn

Brown hair is pretty rare, so that works fine, though now that I look at it, he seems to have Mustadio's head. What does... say... the generic Knight's face look like on him?

Art of War

Kagebunji

I will try, but I doubt it will be such a change, those are four to six pixels anyway. But anything to make him less Mustadio-ish

ffta707

This what you are looking for LD. Kage could do better but thought I'd try. Sorry about the blurriness.

Kagebunji

He meant the face only not whole hair. Honorable knight's head doesn't look well on tricky Shooter's body, haha.

LastingDawn

Yep, I had only meant the face, I liked the Ponytail on the original sprite.

Art of War

Kagebunji

Those two may work for rehauled Black Mages, or those new mages you wanted (Invokers?)

Male

Female

LastingDawn

As much as I like those sprites... I am rather adamant on the sprites being based off of the Lich's in VS, rather than the traditional Black Mages, because Black Mages, Invokers are not.

Art of War

Kagebunji

They may not work for Invoker, but for rehauled BM they should? Or are you willing to keep BM's sprites as they are?

LastingDawn

The only "Black Mage" in Mercenaries is Flare, which is a female Black Mage, but she's meant to be a bit... attractive. While these sprites are good, the female one isn't what I had in mind for Flare.

Art of War

ffta707

Attractive? That's a first. I would agree that the black mage above is not attractive. I would like to see a whole different sprite for black mage. Staying away from the general no face one. It would be cool to have one unique to mercenaries.