• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Post actual "NEWS" in the "NEWS"

Started by Archael, October 14, 2010, 05:51:57 pm

Archael

October 14, 2010, 05:51:57 pm Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:49:06 pm by Archael
You should choose 1 or 2 people (volunteers who are on every day and who can be trusted to post in News) and let them posts topics in the "NEWS" forums with actual real world NEWS so we can see them on the front page.

I got this idea from other fansites which have real News sections as well as a conversation with Asmo where he mentioned one of the things he loved about SA is that actual news are posted there by the users.

People could do this on their own spare time, and it'd be a good reason to visit FFH and discuss topics in the News forum (Can't create news items, only reply, unless you have access to making topics). This would also eliminate the need to post News in spam, where most people miss it (and they usually devolve into worthless topics). You could disable post count in the News forum too.

Example: today's NEWS can be:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=160678

Of course, you would still update the NEWS with FFH / FFT news.

If you agree / like this idea please post your support

Saigas

This idea has my full support. The current events of the real world are important. ^_^

DarthPaul

Indeed a brilliant idea, and I wouldn't mind helping.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Andrew

Sure, why not? There's always something amusing to talk about when it comes to the news. For example, RL vampires. That is just full of lulz.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kaijyuu

Real world news? Isn't that something for the general discussion forum?

The news section should be for ffhacktics news, not world news.

EDIT: Alternatively a "real world news" section isn't so bad. I've seen them on a few forums and they seem to work fine.
  • Modding version: PSX

Archael

You can put real world news in the News forum without them showing on the front page

then the only news that make it to the front page would be FFT news

that way you don't have to open up ANOTHER news forum if people want one

Jon

I'm not against this idea as well, in fact it sounds good, but I wonder what this has to do with FFT? So I back you Voldemort, sounds like a plan!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kill_Bones

I think this is a pretty good idea, but instead of in the FFH NEWS section, maybe make a subforum in General called "Current Events"?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....