• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:26:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

story and writing

Started by bunkjuggs, January 28, 2014, 03:45:47 pm

bunkjuggs

January 28, 2014, 03:45:47 pm Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:36:14 pm by Toshiko
I've played Final Fantasy Tactics.  I know, it's easy, but I enjoy knowing I've soloed the deep dungeon in vanilla with orlandeu solo in one go.  If I die I restart from the beginning, etc.  Blah blah blah. 

Anyhow.  I reluctantly have joined to try and communicate that this is exactly how League of Legends began from Danite's Inferno based upon a mod for World of Warcraft 3.  First a mod and then they are up and running with something entirely new but inspired by what is.  I have some great ideas for new battle formulae (involving elements and compatibility) and I also happen to be an editor.  By editor I mean linguistic and metaphorical and my native language is English. 

You need help with the story, it's clear.  The battles are awesome.  The changes are admirable.  I think with a small kick in the right direction this thing can skyrocket.  Nothing is wrong with FFH as it exists; I'm just saying that this can become an income for everyone involved and I wish to help. 

My favorite games can only be spoken in "were's".  I liked all of what I've played of the Final Fantasy series (VI, VII and IX), all of the Breath of Fire series (every one of them and I think Dragon Quarter was revolutionary even if poorly executed) and Streets of Rage.  I've owned a number of different gaming systems and, though currently financially limited, have boatloads of time to devote to the editing.  I mean the story.  It needs some work and it's only the story that keeps people playing.

Help me help you.  Help yourself by giving me a shot.  I'm no master computer whiz but I'm computer savvy at a novice level.  You have my pertinent information.  I've studied English as creative writing in college and this (FFH) could be a rocket pad if you'll let it be.

Cheers,
BunkJuggs.

PS: I also happen to be watching The Neverending Story online, though that outghn't matter much to some.

...and the image is of the Canon in D made into one image, which is a major music masterpiece used as training in modern musical terms.  That doesn't matter much though, I'm sure.

Angel

January 28, 2014, 04:34:48 pm #1 Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:41:25 pm by Toshiko
Dude, edit button. Double posting is only cool if it's been more than 24 hours since last post. *merges posts*

Edit: Also, I'm sure there are projects going on currently that could use a hand on the writing side. Hopefully those in question will see this post.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

RavenOfRazgriz

Uhh...

You have looked around the website long enough to realize that "Final Fantasy Hacktics" isn't a singular mod nor only the host of a singular mod, right?

You speak a lot of "it", "the changes", etc. and compare it to League of Legends, but I have this nagging feeling that you didn't actually look around the website first.  Final Fantasy Hacktics is a community of people who have made or are making various modified versions of the original game, from basic "rebalance" patches to the pseudo-PVP patches such as FFT: Arena and the expansive story-overhaul patches such as Journey of the Five and Call of Power.

Not that you're the first person to think "Final Fantasy Hacktics" was one giant patch (or something), but if you're going to say things as are in the OP especially, you should probably be doing more lurking and seeing what content is actually on the website first...

Jumza

Also, the Bugs and Suggestions section is for the site.

I can see how this might lead to confusion (Oh, there's a section devoted to Bugs and Suggestions, this whole site must be one project), but to leave suggestions, bugs or offers to help with the story (of whatever patch you are talking about) you need to visit that projects section.

Quote from: bunkjuggs on January 28, 2014, 03:45:47 pm
this is exactly how League of Legends began from Danite's Inferno based upon a mod for World of Warcraft 3.

League of Legends spread from DOTA (Defense Of The Ancients) which was a custom map made for Warcraft 3, Reign of Chaos, and it's expansion set Frozen Throne. (World of Warcraft is the MMO game) I have no idea what Dante's Inferno is, but I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Uhm. Anyway. Welcome to FFH!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Quote from: bunkjuggs on January 28, 2014, 03:45:47 pmNothing is wrong with FFH as it exists; I'm just saying that this can become an income for everyone involved and I wish to help.

Making money and then end up with a lawsuit and lose everything you mean?

Unless you mean starting a project from scratch... and if that was the case, everyone would be all over tethical.

Unless you mean unrelated to FFT... then everyone would just go seperate ways to work on different projects.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

Tethical is really the big thing many of us are banking on. I just want it to not fuglystretch sprites to window resolution (which is a simple as hell fix, and I keep wanting to bash lirmont over the head because of it). I would be so very happy to finish my project in Tethical rather than work within the confines of my options with modding FFT.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?