• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:30:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Shuriken requiring mana?

Started by MaglithOran, July 02, 2014, 01:09:36 pm

MaglithOran

Hey guys, long time viewer but just registered, hopefully you guys can help me out.

I recently got that yearly itch to replay through FFT, and I generally make my own characters, swap sprites, etc.  I'm using the insane edition.

redoing ramza's skills, I gave him shuriken, exact one used by ninja.

In game, even at full mana it's flashing red and says I don't have enough mana to use it, which is curious.

I have shurikens in my inventory.   Looking at all the properties for shuriken I can't find anything wrong, so I'm hoping you guys have some ideas.  Can post pics or whatever is needed.

Xifanie

Throw uses a special skillset type, just like Jump/Item/Draw Out that makes said abilities 100% incompatible in other skillset types. Adding the ability to throw inventory shuriken to a normal skillset like Guts is out of the question because the amount of hacking to accomplish this would be ridiculous.

FFT: Arena uses it's own custom Shuriken ability, which doesn't consume a shuriken, nor can you see one being visually thrown.
That's your best bet, really.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful