• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:39:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help needed with Rebirth mod!

Started by ArchSublime, June 16, 2014, 01:40:11 pm

ArchSublime

June 16, 2014, 01:40:11 pm Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:02:25 pm by ArchSublime
Hello all! I'm new to the forums here, and after looking all across the web I cannot find my particular combination of issues anywhere.

First of all, I downloaded the latest version of Rebirth and utilized the patch file with PPF-O-matic successfully. Everything appears to be working fine with a few exceptions. One of my issues has been addressed on here (the issue where Ramza's red Rebirth sprite doesn't appear in battle) which I would like to fix, but If possible I also want to keep my current save file.

The main one that is bugging me is related to one of the job requirement changes; As stated in the mod's feature page Summoner's job should now require lvl 4 wizard and lvl 4 priest, but it still appears to be unchanged. This leaves me to think I may possibly miss out on some other features if something is not working correctly, and I'd love to figure it out before I get too much farther (towards the end of chapter 1 currently). I should also clarify that the enhanced encounters ARE working properly, along with most job changes made (innate skills ect.)

If there is any other info needed so we may get to a solution please ask away and I will promptly deliver, and of course, much thanks in advance!

Edit-Also would like to know if I do not fix the red sprite issue will that also cause the Lunar Knight to not show up either. Really though I do want to fix it regardless, is there a new/updated way to fix it? I'm also thinking since I have the issue with the summoner job, Lunar Knight may not even be available. So I really want to figure out how to fix all my issues. If I have to start a new game to fix everything I most certainly will.

And I'm assuming this is in the right place, I do not know If I should attempt to contact one of the makers of Rebirth to get an answer or not. In other words I'm completely in the dark here lol. My primary Tactics file I'm using is a .BIN, and if it is absolutely necessary to fix my problems I can get access to a fresh Tactics ISO rip (lost my copy years ago but my friend still has his).

Final edit-OK I believe I finally solved my problem. I don't really understand exactly what I did but it worked lol. I think I did have an outdated version of the mod after all. I used something I found on the internet titled "Rebirth V2" which is a .img file. When I used it instead of my .bin file everything appears to be working! Yay, back to the game now :)