• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Blank Skills

Started by Augestein, July 23, 2011, 12:25:32 pm

Augestein

I'm looking in the FFTpatcher, and I noticed that there were a ton of *blank* spots in a couple of the tabs. Are these actually able to have edits done to them without any problems? I'm just curious if anyone knows. Because those skills would be useful for adding a couple of new jobs and/or abilities and items.

formerdeathcorps

The skills that say Demon Summon or Teleport 3 should be left alone.  Ajora actually uses them and overriding the skill causes the game to freeze when Ajora is sent into battle and tries to teleport.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Augestein

That's good to know, good thing I didn't change those. That would have been annoying. But how about some of the other ones though?

Like say... The blank skills that are underneath "Move Find Item?" Or the ones that are in that big list after Parasite? I know their initial animations are set to "1FE Crashes Game," but does that mean that if I change them there will be any unforeseen circumstances like the ones you already mentioned? I'm asking this, because I know with some other things I've hacked like Golden Sun, there were a ton of spots in the game that literally had no data, but could be messed around with, with a bit of fudging-- which enabled you to have more skills present in the hack than what was used in the actual game.

Glain

As far as I know, you can use the ones in the gap between Parasite and Potion except for the last one, which is actually the normal attack ability.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown