• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Emmy's ASM thread (better stuff for monsters!)

Started by Emmy, January 03, 2016, 02:11:06 pm

Heisho

These are great hacks Emmy, thanks a lot.

I don't know if you are willing to fulfill a request but here is it:
Since I'm not going to use Geomancy at all I was wondering if Counter Flood can behave like Counter Magic so we can counter abilities with the Counter Flood flag.

Once again thanks for the hacks, especially White Wind and Psyco Shift which are going to be part of my Blue Mage class.

Cheers
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Emmy

This hack will make Counter Flood cast any indexed ability with the Counter Flood flag as trigger.  If you're not using geomancy at all, this means you can change it to cast any other ability in the game.

<Patch name="Counter Flood uses Flood Ball">
    <Description>This allows for Counter Flood to work by using an ability instead of vanilla geomancy.  If you changed geomancy with my other codes, this is required to make Counter Flood work.</Description>
    <Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4f3df">
    </Location>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11731c">
      0B000534
      F7F80508
      7E000634  <!-- Ability used is indexed here (0x007e default) -->
    </Location>
  </Patch>

Change the 7e00 to reference whatever ability you want (bytes reversed).  For example if you want it to cast ability # 0123, replace 7e00 with 2301. 

I'll have to take a better look at the code to figure out if what you want can be done.  Just got home from work now/not really in the right mindset to do asm.

Heisho

This is remarkable and very close to what I thought would not be possible.

Once again Emmy you deliver great. Even if what I wanted cannot be done this still can play very well on my project.

Thank you very much. Get some well deserved rest.  :)

Myrmidon

February 22, 2018, 01:15:50 am #63 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:59:42 pm by Myrmidon
love these, plus the others in Monster Tactics, and want to use some (many) for my hack.

How would I move Anger Point over to another skill? I need M.Talk for my hack, and I'm not exactly using the math blocking skill you've got there.  I'd love to keep Secret Hunt, too, honestly.

Unless the Talk formula just affects monsters now, in which case, awesome, no worries.  Still like to keep Secret Hunt in, though (but I love that poisontouch skill)

I've editied this like, 4 times.  just gonna work around, still, love these ASMs, and they deserve to be on the front page, at least - since they're not linked to in the big ASMs stickied thread

Orkney

Hi,

Not really sure to post this worksheet here.

This is a little sheet i've done for the Magic evasion by Job hack.

MagicEvByJob.xlsx

Heisho

Quote from: Orkney on May 23, 2020, 12:01:53 pmHi,

Not really sure to post this worksheet here.

This is a little sheet i've done for the Magic evasion by Job hack.

MagicEvByJob.xlsx

Great!, thanks a bunch for making that hack dummy friendly pal.

Keep up the good work!

Bora

Hi Emmy,

I have a bit of request with regard to your Move XX Rewrite. Can you rewrite the patch into which the Move XP/JP would have the vanilla effect, but the other changes you made would still be the same?

I like the idea of move XX up ability to stack but I find the PA/Speed changes to be too much on what I plan to do. :lol:

If it's possible, thank you. If not, I'll just adjust what I have in mind.

Thank you.  :D

greentealatte

December 29, 2023, 11:14:10 pm #67 Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 10:14:59 am by greentealatte
Hi Emmy,

I am interested to use the multi-reaction deluxe ASM. E.g i might want to change PA save to cast an ability. How should i be editing the ASM code that you provided in the main thread?

edit: I figured out - the documentation in detail is in page 3. I have written some scripts to automate the process. Will share once i have cleaned everything up