• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:42:44 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy VII Remake Announced

Started by Eternal, June 15, 2015, 10:15:22 pm

Hyraldelita

i only say, World map... if they leave that as it was, it will probably be a fantastic remake, specially if you can run you fantasy wild, as to find new places like you could do with the original 7...

Guru

Yeah I'm definitely skeptical about this, especially when they talk about game changes. I'm sure the graphics and world map will be amazing but that will not be enough for me to buy the game. I'm sure in the end I will end up buying it and I have high hopes that they can actually take a game and make it better than the original while keeping the same feel. I'd love to see an amped up ff7 with badass graphics and some extra game play. Some monster superboss would be great too, that's always been one of my favorite parts of FF series. That's what made me enjoy ff10 so much. I agree I have just lost all faith in square and just because they have something awesome to work with does not mean they won't fuck it up.

What makes me nervous is the fact that this remake is obviously a desperate act here. Straight from the horses ass they said for them to consider a remake they would have to come out with a best selling game that would rival FF7 in "quality". I'm hoping XV is awesome enough to justify the wait but I haven't been too impressed with anything yet.

I enjoyed ff13, I thought the battle system was lacking but still a decent game. FF13-2 was C rank at best IMO, but had some cool concepts to it. Lightning returns was just horrible.....they had an awesome battle system concept but in the end didn't reach it's potential and the story was god awful. My point is ff13 and especially lightning returns had everything needed to be top notch games and yet here we are.

To end my skeptical thoughts here.... I hope this remake is great and I hope XV is just as good.

Also AWESOME gaming room toshiko!!!

Angel

I actually really really really enjoyed Lightning Returns. My only gripe was that you were limited to a total of 12 abilities in battle, so a lot of versatility from XIII was lost. I appreciated the work that went into designing its world and the lives of its inhabitants, and it was a fun game to explore and complete. There were more stories told in LR than any other Final Fantasy (unless you count Lost Odyssey, which has more claim to the title of 'Final Fantasy XI' than FFXI does, of course) thanks to all the sidequests. Not all of them were great, but there was still a lot to see and do.

XIII-2 was crap, though.

And that game room isn't mine, it was just given as an example. Actually, my TV's bigger, and I actually had more consoles than that hooked up at one point (I have none currently hooked up because I haven't unpacked from the last move and desktop is entertaining enough for us at the moment).
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Guru

*Sigh* You gotta appreciate how much work went into it and it obviously was very well done but the story.... idk what word I'm looking for here but it was just too damn "mushy" lovey dovey heart warming bs for me. Maybe it would have fit lightnings sister better (forgot her name sera? sarah?) but I felt it was way out of character for lightning. Love the concept though the quests were really cool to complete but I literally had to skip EVERY single cut scene for the quests. Unfortunately that's what ruined this game for me and I didn't think the main story was that great either.

I agree that the LR world was pretty damn amazing and the battle system could have been awesome. I actually did enjoy playing LR, and I really liked the style of the battle system but like you said it was very limited. My favorite part was the DC battles those were pretty sweet and some of the ++ battles were pretty damn tough! Although I did not appreciate having to pay all that extra money for just an extra battle.

Don't take offense to what I said though I'm glad you enjoyed it anyways  ;) ( I actually kinda want to play it now oddly enough lol )

I never played FFXI or FFXIV and I don't plan on it. I was thinking of playing FFIX again soon but....I've never played Lost Odyssey so I might have to check that out instead.

I have about half those systems anyways, got an atari, nes, super nes, N64, gamecube( cost me 1 dollar :P ), wii, genesis, ps1 mini, ps2 slim and original, ps3 and xbox(original)

Angel

Half of the people who were involved in Lost Odyssey also made FFX and worked on prior Final Fantasies. Directed by Sakaguchi, music by Uematsu. It's a Final Fantasy as far as I'm concerned. And the dreams... oh god, the dreams. Elric, back me up on this - the dreams are like, most of the reason why you need to play Lost Odyssey. It's one of the best games ever made, on any platform, any genre. Cannot recommend it enough.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

3lric

Quote from: Toshiko on February 06, 2016, 10:34:08 pm
Half of the people who were involved in Lost Odyssey also made FFX and worked on prior Final Fantasies. Directed by Sakaguchi, music by Uematsu. It's a Final Fantasy as far as I'm concerned. And the dreams... oh god, the dreams. Elric, back me up on this - the dreams are like, most of the reason why you need to play Lost Odyssey. It's one of the best games ever made, on any platform, any genre. Cannot recommend it enough.

Toshiko is 200% correct. I had completely lost faith in RPGs by late PSX, then Lost Odyssey happened years later and it was completely restored. The care and feeling and detail they put into those dreams still blow me away and I've read them so many times.

I've always stood firm on thinking that Lost Odyssey was a better Final Fantasy game than any actual Final Fantasy game I've played in years. (though I didn't play much at all passed IX)

Seriously, if you haven't played Lost Odyssey, I don't know what you are doing with your life, but you need to rethink your priorities.

Guru

February 07, 2016, 03:35:01 pm #26 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:08:53 pm by Guru
Seriously, if you haven't played Lost Odyssey, I don't know what you are doing with your life, but you need to rethink your priorities.

Haha you may be right. I checked out the game and it looks....well epic! It's been years since I've been excited about a new game, but this game definitely looks like something I need to play. I will definitely look forward to checking this out in the near future. Unfortunately I found out why I have never noticed this game before and it will be a while before I get the chance because it might be a while before I can purchase a 360  :(. I did notice a lot of similarities between FFX and FFXII in graphics, characters and enemies.

When I was checking out lost odyssey I noticed another game that looked pretty good and I've never seen before. Anybody have any opinions on The Last Remnant? Or any other games I've been missing out on since PS2?

I think after I pay my taxes and some other stuff I'm gonna get Last Remnant unless someone has a better suggestion. Keep in mind I'm limited to ps3 and PC at the moment, but of course don't let that stop you from listed something.

BUT The mods I've found here have been very fulfilling and honestly have been the only thing I've really gotten into in a long time, and I thank you all for that. You can only play games so many times, no matter how great they are. I was really lucky to find JOT5 which led me to this site and all great mods here.

*edit* Another reason ffvii remake makes me skeptical....http://www.themarysue.com/remake-final-fantasy-vii-without-the-sexism/

If they actually read some of these dumb suggestions people post we could end up with a 400lb tifa riding around in her hoveround because it's not very PC... Or worse

3lric

The Last Remnant isn't great and certainly doesn't even begin to come close to Lost Odyssey

Angel

There aren't many games worth buying a console over, but Lost Odyssey is one of them.

Guru

Yeah it looks like an awesome game. I will definitely try it out sometime soon, but $300 to spend right now is not an option =/. I'll just have to keep an eye out for a good deal on a used 360 or something. At least the price has gone down on the system to only $200 new. I'll definitely keep this is mind when winter is over and work picks up.

Yeah the more I checked out Last Remnant, the less impressed I was. Kind of a weird combat system, like a dynasty warriors rpg or something. Ah well back to the waiting game  ;)