• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:28 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ivalice Arena's sprites

Started by Kagebunji, June 15, 2010, 09:26:16 am

Zozma

im so glad to see new spriters around...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Ok Kagebunji. I didn't see your comment or I was inundated and forgot-- been a while now. Anyhow I lightened the neck and jaw line a bit:
  • Modding version: PSX

Smash

For the Blue mage F, you really think that tail is nessesary? To me it looks a recolored mime with it..

Oh and holy mother of all ajoras
That Blue mage portrait is insane, 17 colors and im still doing some heavy duty cleanups to it

EDIT: Tricky pallete, that combination of yellow, blue, white and skin. Had to mix colors twice now.

Kagebunji

Heh, good to have you with us, Smash. I couldn't find a better person than you to crit IA's ports.

R999

@Smash: Aw I loved the tail... But Yes that's true, it is a recolored Mime in disguise, though most people probably won't notice -- because of the fact that nobody normally get to see that lovely sprite in the original game... not many people uses the Mime job. Anyhow, the Mime job has been eliminated from the player's side but will show up as special enemy generics. And when you do see them, they will always be males.

For the Blue Mage, we wanted to do a wild, beast like concept (to show that Blue Mages have love for monsters). Both the fox hat and tail fit that personality well. Above is our unfinished BlueMage_M prototype for a variation of the style,

Xifanie

Definitely 2... But the necklace looks funny.
Wait, this is the male?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

Yes it is male, I agree with Zodiac on number 2. And like he said, necklace. Heh, I told you the tail should go away from blue mage, R, but you weren't listening to me.

Kagebunji

I had it done for some time now, but I managed to bring it from my other comp, Lijj's samurai with fixed white shades

And come on, post more finished sprites! some update should be done.

Lijj

Hahaha Wtf is that little face?

Kagebunji

Ah, I was bored and had some time, so I left my mark :P

Lijj

Here's the BMP for the girl Samurai..