• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Question:

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, January 19, 2012, 01:52:05 am

Pickle Girl Fanboy

January 19, 2012, 01:52:05 am Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:57:58 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Do we need a sub-board solely for archiving hacks, and for keeping track of which works with which, different versions, bug reports, and so on?

Like, a sub-board of Final Fantasy Tactics Hacking, maybe.  And perhaps another one for WOTL Hacking.  Or, you could go in another direction entirely, and just make a Hack Archive Child Board, under the Hacking board itself, and then say which version of FFT the hack works for.

The point being that no one will have to go searching to find any hex edits or ASM hacks, as they will all be in one central location.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Can't believe no one replied to this.  Come one, people, we need some more organization around here.  FDC is trying to get E.V.E.R.Y. ASM hack into the new version of FFTPatcher, and he's searching the ENTIRE FORUM to find them.  Wouldn't it be nice to have them all in one place?

Eternal

Or just make and sticky an ASM database thread. *shrug*
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

formerdeathcorps

I wouldn't mind such a board, but I don't quite see the need.  A few stickies that are updated often detailing the same information on the FFT and WotL boards should be sufficient.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

But would these stickies be easy to browse?

2011 was a productive year for FFH, and now we need something to organize this growth a bit, without slowing it down.  Because thet's the worst thing that can happen.  And it will happen if we have to search the entire forum to find one little thing.

Durbs

Yeah, maybe just a few permanently locked threads inside a sub-board would be a good place to organize all of FFH's ASMs and tools.
  • Modding version: PSX

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Whatever works.  A sticky, with a single post for every ASM hack, that can be edited by the post author as bugs and updates come to light.  The operative word here being "single", as in the single place to look for completed ASM hacks and hex edits.

Celdia

I just use this thread for finding most of what I need. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6327.0
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

FFMaster

Yeah, that thread was made so that people can find stuff easier, and have a simple link to older hacking threads rather than digging or using the search function. This suggestion is mostly redundant and a waste of time imo.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢