• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Hi. 3:

Started by SnowHazard, September 14, 2008, 11:22:40 pm

SnowHazard

September 14, 2008, 11:22:40 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SnowHazard
I've been a long-time FFT fan and imagine my suprise when I found a forum interested in rebuilding it and customising it!

I've played around with the FFTPatcher a bit and I...well... I have not the slightest idea what I'm doing. At all. Which is bad, since I should find it a most fun timesink to create my own version of the game

My goals are as such, mainly focused on upping the monsters:

Creating new Monsters in general, with names, species descriptions, etc.

Allowing them to learn new abilities, gain a wider skill set and generally be more useful to the team (monsters were extremely under appreciated in FFT. It made me sad that they had such little use, really.)

"Boss Monsters" that require you to bring in more than 5 units (no idea how to do this one) with unique skills and all.

Creating new dialogue and events.

Creating new items and weaponry.

Making new character classes (Blue/Red Mage, Gunslinger, etc.)

It sounds like a lot and it is, but hopefully with time I can get some helpful tips, assistance, or a "How To For The Technologically Stupid" guide and maybe get the knowledge to help others out.

Cheetah

September 14, 2008, 11:47:09 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Welcome ambitious new member. Some of those things are possible, others are still in the works. Just keep reading an experimenting for a while. It is hard to get started in this stuff, but I would recommend going to the chat and asking questions there once you have everything downloaded and running.
Current Projects:

SnowHazard

September 15, 2008, 01:59:12 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SnowHazard
Ah, so some things can't be worked with. I made a post in the "New Projects" thread and hopefully someone can tell me how to overcome that particular set of obstacles, or tell me it just can't be done right now. Either way, I'd like to try and make an interesting spin on the game, so... er, here I am.