• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:35 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy VII Remake Announced

Started by Eternal, June 15, 2015, 10:15:22 pm

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Shintroy

Not a ps4 exclusive luckily for us seafarers... My eyepatch, hook, and peg leg is ready for that PC release. Yarr...
Some day my people will be free.

Kaijyuu

I'm not a huge fan of FF7 in the first place so I don't care, but this seems like an incredibly obvious way to make lots of money, so I only wonder why they didn't do this sooner.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Perhaps they need the money more than ever now, haha. Nonetheless I am happy to hear this, was worth it to buy meself ps4 :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

gatebuster202

Warning: They are redoing the game systems. Not just reskinning it.

For me, this could either be their way of redeeming themselves since XIII and that Sphere grid C*** or a total fail. I will be waiting for Xbox 1 and long/meaningful reviews.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

Quote from: gatebuster202 on July 10, 2015, 03:55:36 pm
Warning: They are redoing the game systems. Not just reskinning it.

For me, this could either be their way of redeeming themselves since XIII and that Sphere grid C*** or a total fail. I will be waiting for Xbox 1 and long/meaningful reviews.

That's why it's a remake and not a HD Remodel/Remake

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Kaijyuu on June 16, 2015, 02:28:06 pm
I'm not a huge fan of FF7 in the first place so I don't care, but this seems like an incredibly obvious way to make lots of money, so I only wonder why they didn't do this sooner.

A obvious way that they waited for years to make happen. I am really stoked for it but also very skeptical.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Elmdork

they've dangled that carrot for so long I'm beyond caring. If I hear it's alright I'll pick it up, but squeenix been real scumbags lately so I'm not holding my breath (I said to myself..what..10 years ago..more?!)

Definitely skeptical.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

I was and still am a huge Final Fantasy 7 fan. The trailer got me excited. I am awaiting a PC release though considering I myself don't have room for a PS4. Though maybe someday if I feel like getting rid of one of my systems
You dare cross blades with me?

Angel

Not having room for a console is a concept I don't understand.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Aiolon

:shock: ok i feel poor and miserable now.

i can imaginate what the game collection of that guy looks like, probably a full room bigger than my house.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Barren

What a way to show me up. I wish I had a room like that.

In all seriousness if I could fit that many systems I would. But knowing my place it doesn't have that kind of room
You dare cross blades with me?

gatebuster202

What I love about that, is that the TV is about the same size that I played on growing up... That number of "retro" consoles though... (I was around for most) Damn.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Elmdork

Wow that adapter is all spiky with AV jacks. There's gotta be like 100 controllers hiding somewhere.. definitely a bit jealous :3
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Toshiko on August 01, 2015, 06:39:03 pm
Not having room for a console is a concept I don't understand.

Yeah I'm coming to your house from now on. I have probably half of that on my laptop.  :D

Anyway there is a new FF7 trailer and it looks cool and all but i'm not a big fan of action rpgs because I feel like developers haven't really found a way to make the combat too fun. I feel like it becomes repetitive fast and in the end I either end up spamming the same 4 combos over and over or just button mashing after I dodge something. Now that doesn't sound much better than conventional rpgs where your just hitting the same button to choose from a menu but I really want developers to put more effort into action games so they don't feel repetitive 3-4 hours in.

I do like games like Ninja Gaiden where the fun came in the form of increased difficulty mixed with different weapons and styles and I feel the game with the best combat in recent years comes from Dragons Dogma especially when playing as the fighter. Quick movements mixed with improved difficulty and a constant variety of enemies or at least enemy behavior seems to be a good way to cut down on repetitiveness but I don't expect much from Squeenix to go the extra mile to make the game play stand out. I feel like that company is just shooting for the lowest common denominator as of late and all I was looking for in a FF7 remake was basically the same game with nice graphics and the like. It might seem like they aren't shooting for the lowest common denominator by taking a new approach but you have to keep in mind they have that engine they are using for FF15 where they seem to just recycle it for the remake. They will probably enhance it a bit but in the end I doubt there will be much difference between 15 and 7 remake in terms of game play.

I really hope the game succeeds and doesn't seem like a 15 sister game because quite frankly I have no interest in FF15. I don't look to Final Fantasy to do what everyone else does but instead to lead the way in either game play like they did by first introducing the ATB system or in terms of story as seen in main steam Final Fantasies and Tactics. For me the future of action games lies with the Fox Engine that Konami has. Never before have I seen an action game capable of so many different things to so many different sensitivities as Metal Gear Solid 5 and they need to license the Fox Engine out to other companies in order to make new ground breaking games.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Jumza

Quote from: KingUrameshi on December 05, 2015, 06:46:21 pm
all I was looking for in a FF7 remake was basically the same game with nice graphics and the like.

Too bad that's not what we're getting Q.Q
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

Honestly, I was more disappointed in the lessened physique of Barret coupled with those awful sunglasses more than anything else in the new trailer. Coming in third would be the voices. I'll judge the action when I can actually play it.

Also, exploring Midgar in 3D? I don't care if it's Kingdom Hearts only worse, I'd have to play it for that alone.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

KingUrameshi

All things being aside, Mad props to Jet (Blu Billingslea) for being the voice of Barrett. I kind of like the exploration part of what I saw with the original being sparse but that combat just seems basic. However I do find exploring in 3D tedious as all hell.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

pbrand

I wonder if the Honeybee Inn will be censored out to avoid the 2016-oversensibility-shitstorm. IMO that type of arc is integral to keeping the quirky tone of the game.
I know Nomura's statements have intentionally been pretty vague about it, but we'll see in the future, huh?