• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:27:22 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

"Everyone has Item" Patch?

Started by Darkholme, March 23, 2011, 09:18:12 pm

Darkholme

I saw a few posts that mentioned a patch that gave all characters access to item without it eating up one of their slots.

I'm wholly in favor of that Idea. Does anyone have a link?

The Damned

There isn't a patch (at least one that someone has done publicly) that's based JUST around people having Item.

Unless by "patch", you mean "hack", in which case one was first publicly released by Razele before he left. IIRC, though, at least one of the Item related hacks was problematic, though it might have only been the limitation one that was buggy.

Regardless, FDC and RavenofRazgriz's formula overhaul patch addresses this along with a lot of other things. Whenever that's finished, you should be able to have Item's accessibility to attached to Throw Item and then just give every class Throw Item innately. If you want Item to have more or less range than 4, then just use FFMaster's Throw Item range hack to reduce it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

dinosaur

Sounds like the start of 1.3  :3

(Sorry for spamming)

Darkholme

Okay, I see the assembly hack.

So does that hack add "Item" as an option to all characters, like you would see in another FF Game, or Disgaea?
Does it add a new option, or does it just hardcode your secondary skillset to item?
Do you still need to learn them? (I'm thinking of an ASM patch that would add item to the menu, and have it be mastered for all characters) - it would make chemists obsolete; yes.
I'm not sure I'd want to have everyone have innate throw item, just have everyone with the ability to use items on themself and anyone theyre standing next to.

I'm assuming this hack only works on the PSX Version?

@Dinosaur: Does 1.3 already include this? Only in the PSX Version, or both?

pokeytax

Everything below is AFAIK.

All these hacks are PSX-only, and they all add the skillset outright, no overwriting a secondary.

Razele's hack works fine (it's the items-per-fight one with issues) but doesn't function for the AI, only the player.

ALMA 3 can add Item to the menu and have it work for player and AI (presumably, it's tested but not exhaustively tested), although the AI will only get one of these "extra slot" commands in Act if you tack on several.

Xifanie has an "All units gain skillset A9" hack you could easily tell to add Item instead.

Adding a fully mastered Item command, and then proceeding to replace the Chemist job class, hasn't been done yet. If I were trying, I would start by using Xifanie's Generic Skillset Hack, telling it to treat skillset 06 like a normal skillset and a spare skillset (preferably an auto-learned enemy one) like Item, adding the item skills to the spare skillset and new skills to skillset 06, and then having ALMA add the spare skillset to all units. I know RavenOfRazgriz has tinkered with this but I dunno if he's there yet.

1.3 has fairly standard Chemists (it's just so tough that you'll be popping Phoenix Down and X-Potions like candy).
  • Modding version: PSX