• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:46 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Requesting Help with portraits.

Started by Korangar7776, July 10, 2011, 08:05:05 pm

Korangar7776

Hello all.
Just yesterday I decided to start editing sprites and stuff, so I am still a newbie here.
So far, I only managed to swap already existing sprites and portraits in both battle and roster, which was my main goal.
But now I decided I want to make my own portrait(no sprites yet) and I am clueless.

With the little I understood, I tried to simply edit an already existing saved wldface file I extracted from the ISO, and I was happy with it.
I used Sai Paint to edit my extracted wldface file which was 4 bits(or something, I am not sure what this means), but then when I opened it on GraphicGale its a 24 bits(needles too say, FFTEVGRP would not let me import said file :()
I also tried making a new image from GraphicGale  with 32 x48 x 4 bits things, but when I copy and paste my edited image, the colours are all messy.

If anyone could give me an advice on how to create my own portrait, I would be very grateful.

Korangar7776

Well I feel dumb.
Turns out you can draw/paint within GraphicGale too, so all I have to do is redraw my portrait again in there xD

Korangar7776

Now I found another problem.
I managed to make the portrait show in the battle formation and roster, but not in actual battles.
I used Shishi for that part, but when I import my edited bmp, the portrait is all black.
This gets fixed if I uncheck the "always use corresponding palete" but everytime I close Shishi, the option gets checked again.
Not only that, but if I let that option on, all the original sprites will look messy.
Any advice would be appreciated s;

GeneralStrife

Korangar7776

Yeah the portrait ends up as that because the spritesheet for shishi ask me to do an 8 bits(256 colours I think) bmp.
Is there a way.
Using a 4 bits spritesheet makes me get an error ;x