• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Could I ask for a hacked PS3 save?

Started by UltimagaWeapon, July 08, 2011, 09:49:51 pm

UltimagaWeapon

July 08, 2011, 09:49:51 pm Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:51:00 pm by UltimagaWeapon
Hello, I read a few threads around but I don't really understand about hexes and such, it's just making my head spin @_@
Anyway I was wondering if it's possible to request a save file for the PSX ver. at the beginning of the game with Elidibus, an Ultima Demon, and the Zodiac bosses: Queklain, Velius, Zalera, Adramelk, Hashmalum and Ultima (Nice body ver.)
Sorry if I'm asking too much, if I can't even begin to understand how to do it myself, it musn't be like asking just anything.
Thank you for reading.  :oops:

Cheetah

We don't have any tools to deal with the PS3 save format. I don't even know if they are even constructed the same as PSX saves. If they were your best bet would be downloading save conversion software and then getting the psx FFT save editor.
Current Projects:

Tigerspike

If you had the memory card adapter for the PS3, you could put an edited PSX save on your console.  I edited my Tactics Ogre save files that way.  The only problem is that you can't exactly hack your game to include non-Serpentarius Elidibus (and play it on the PS3), so if that's the version you wanted you are out of luck.  If you have access to the adaptor, a PSX, and a gameshark you can do this easily yourself, without hex editing.

Check here http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_game_shark_b.txt for a guide on using the gameshark to edit FFT.

If I wasn't currently busy with family stuff, I'd do it for you myself.  I'm sure someone here could do it.  If not, I'll try to get it done when I can (don't hold your breath :oops:).
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Cheetah

Current Projects:

UltimagaWeapon

I was able to get a PSone FFT disc and an USB adaptor where you put your PlayStation 1 memory card and it connects to the PS3. I also got a PSone. But I wasn't able to get a gameshark orz
Would it be possible to ask to someone with a PS3 and an USB Memory Card adaptor for a hacked psx save file? I've always wanted to use the Lucavi bosses, and most of all an Ultima demon XD

*bows* m(_ _)m

Tigerspike

I'll try to get a save file up sometime this week.  What do you want your Ramza to be called?
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

UltimagaWeapon

October 27, 2011, 12:22:01 am #6 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:53:39 pm by UltimagaWeapon
OMG Thank you so much!  :) :oops:

Just Ramza is fine! =)

BTW Someone mentioned non-Serpentarius Elidibus, I meant the transformed one which you fight and uses Zodiac and Poison Frog and all that =)
Also could all characters be at Lv.1? I want to level them up myself >_<

Thank you m(_ _)m

Tigerspike

Here you go!   :D  Just unzip the file, and copy the folders and files onto a USB stick, insert it into your PS3's USB slot, and go to Memory Card Utility.  Open up the USB Device, select the file and copy it to your internal memory card, and there you go.

It is saved right before the scene at Balbanes' bedside.  Your save has all of the Zodiac Braves, both forms of Altima, Elidibs as Serpentarius, and an Ultima Demon.  Only Elidibs and the Ultima Demon look correct on the formation screen, but they should all be usable in battle.  The only problem that you may come across is that some of Altima's commands don't work if you are manually controlling her.

UltimagaWeapon

OMG!  :D
Thank you so much!!

This is so awesome XD

Velius is so strong even at level 1, and Queklain dies in 1 hit XD and Altima with Teleport 2! She also does some sort of dance XD I'm guessing it's some version of the "moving animation" normal characters do (marching in their own tile)

There's just one thing, none of the characters can use their primary skillset, that means that the Fear skillset of all the Zodiac Braves cannot be selected, neither of the Altima's can use their uber Ultima spells (Holy Angel Altima has a blank for her primary skillset, I think it's there but there's no word in the space) and Elidibus and the Ultima Demon can only attack since they only have one skillset and it can't be selected.

I hope it isn't asking too much for a way to use their primary skillsets. I was hoping to train them and get enough MP to use their awesome abilities XD

I understand if it's too much to ask for another save  :oops:

Tigerspike

Have you tried using auto-battle for those characters?  I know it's not quite ideal, but it should work.  If it doesn't let me know.

UltimagaWeapon

I've tried with all characters in Auto-Battle, they don't any of their primary skillset abilities.   :(

Tigerspike

Okay, I'll try placing their primary skillsets into the secondary position, there is no guarantee that it'll work, plus you lose the use of the secondary skillset.

UltimagaWeapon

November 02, 2011, 11:44:34 pm #12 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:46:39 pm by UltimagaWeapon
Isn't there a way to keep both? Hashmalum's Dimension Magic is way better than his Fear skillset, since he has Melt, Quake, Tornado and Meteor. Actually I don't think I've ever seen Hashmalum use his Fear skillset. Zalera would also lose Flare 2  :( On the other hand Queklain would only lose Bio and Bio 2 XD
Ultima Demon and Elidibus would gain full access to their abilities tough.

HiroKenni

could I get you to do a save for me too sir?

claude671