• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

skycloud04

January 11, 2016, 04:16:45 am #260 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:33:30 am by skycloud04
Quote from: Eternal on January 07, 2016, 07:52:12 pm
Well, the first issue is that you're using a female Samurai, which is great for MA, but crap for HP. Females have less HP Growth than Males do. Likewise, Samurai HP has been unchanged from Vanilla. They have the exact same HP stats as the untouched game. They're also not supposed to be proper tanks. They're meant to be magickal warriors that can use heavy armor.

Welp, it's nice to know you my Female Samurai ; A ;
EDIT: Got the Javelin & Escutcheon Mk.II, but the battle really tough.

DestinyOpfa

Just finished the game.
Started patching before entering Midlight's Deep to play the Multiplayer Battles.

Enjoyed the game.
Didn't enjoy some of the changes though.
"What troubled sleep have you, to speak of my dreams?"[/color]- Wiegraf Folles

Eternal

What changes didn't you enjoy? I can't fix things unless I know what they are. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

zohar

Started playing this last week and it's great! Thanks for your work on this.

I have one question though. Where is the Materia Blade located now? I got to the top of Mount Bervenia and I got a Perseus Bow instead.

Eternal

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'd greatly appreciate a post with all your feedback once you complete the game! :D

To answer your question, the Materia Blade was booted to make room for a multiplayer item in single player. Therefore, it doesn't exist any longer. That being said, Limit Breaks no longer require the Materia Blade specifically, but do require a Sword to be used. Hope that helps!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

zohar

Quote from: Eternal on February 07, 2016, 03:43:44 pm
I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'd greatly appreciate a post with all your feedback once you complete the game! :D

To answer your question, the Materia Blade was booted to make room for a multiplayer item in single player. Therefore, it doesn't exist any longer. That being said, Limit Breaks no longer require the Materia Blade specifically, but do require a Sword to be used. Hope that helps!

Ahh I see. I saw the patch note about Materia Blade but I didn't realize it was taken out all together. (I've been referencing PSX patch notes for things that aren't in the PSP notes. And it said Materia Blade is 2H now so I figured it was still in the PSP version.)

As for feedback, I'll definitely type something up when I finish! I'm playing Deep Dungeon now, and all this content I missed from the multiplayer mode is awesome. One complaint though... Having to reset so I can randomly get the battle I want is super annoying :( Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.

Also Balthier doesn't have ranged steals. Is that a mistake in the patch or the patch notes? (I'm on the latest 2.5 patch).

Eternal

Hmm, that's strange. His Steals are marked as 3 Range in the Patcher... that's something I'll have to check on. Also, as much as I wish I could make you able to select which fight you get, I unfortunately don't have that capability. :(

zohar

I just finished Midlight's Deep, so I guess I finished most of the content. So, feedback!

Overall, I really enjoyed the rebalancing of the game. I tried FFT 1.3 years ago and it was just way too frustrating to play (got to chapter 4 and just quit). I don't like grinding either, and FFT KO was very playable just going through the required missions and collecting crystals to supplement spending JP. I only grinded during my Midlight's Deep runs to get a few out-of-the-way skills like Fly and Swiftness.

Here are the specific things I liked: 
* Improving effectiveness of buffs/debuffs. Really changed which secondary skills I set.
* Placing of new generics instead of Knights and Archers everywhere. Gotta admit, it was probably a bit easier without the Archers, but it was more interesting.
* Placing rare steal-able items on enemies of battles that would otherwise be too easy (ex. Celia/Lede battles, Knights Templar battles)
* Quality of life changes: 100% move-find item, 1 day propositions, etc. Shame the other PSX changes are difficult to move here!

Here are some bugs I encountered:
* As previously mentioned, Balthier's Sky Pirate steal commands are not ranged (except Steal Heart, which is always ranged).
* Barrage is learnable by Mustadio's Engineer class, not Balthier's Sky Pirate class. (Not sure if intentional?)
* Grand Armor has Initial: Reflect, not Initial: Reraise. Armor description says Reraise, but actual gameplay uses Reflect.
* On several items, the text trails off past the text box borders. (ex. Sage's Robe, others)
* Meliadoul's Divine Knight class has Innate: Poach? (Maybe it is intentional?) Not in her class text, but she poaches anything she kills.
* Related to above, several classes "select button" descriptions do not show what Innates they have.
* Contrary to patch notes, Move+3 is still on Cloud's Soldier class and the Dark Knight class. Jump+3 is also on Dark Knight.
* Brave Story IV seems to have the wrong enemies. It doesn't have Cuchulainn and Elibus. It only has the Malboros and Undead Knights. Some other missions are missing some generics, but at least have the special NPCs present.
* A few "end game" items like Acacia Hat and Onion Gloves came equipped on NPCs that joined. Once again, not sure if it was intended it or they just ended up with them equipped because of the item swapping to get the multiplayer items in.
* Orlandeau's dismissal text just shows "x".
* Enemy Archers and Ninjas during the Aliste battle kept trying to shoot/throw at my units from the roof of the castle. But the hit rate was 0% because of the way the roof is designed, so nothing ever hit.

And here are some suggestions/random thoughts: 
* In addition to the slowdown patch, the un-stretch patch would be nice. (I played with the livepatch version applied)
* Have the same growth rates across all classes. I never liked thinking I could have "ruined" a good character if I left them in a certain class for too long. I think FFT+ or FFT Complete opts for this, forget which one.
* Have Iaido never break katanas. This wouldn't be too crazy for Midlight's Deep, as the multiplayer modes in the original PSP version let you break/throw items as much as you wanted.
* Patch notes for all the Treasure Hunter changes would be nice!
* Make every NPC join with Phoenix Down and Safeguard learned. Got a little annoyed with having to reclass them to Chemist just to learn these two skills.
* Rapha feels too OP. Not sure about Marach (didn't use him). But all her skills being instant, hitting 1-10 times, and with a greater chance on hitting the target tile... she one-shotted so many end game enemies. She isn't affected as much by Soulbind either, since Soulbind only triggers based on the very last damage amount, not the total damage amount. Plus being female, she gets access to Chantage, Ribbon, etc.
* Not sure how I feel about Cloud. Only Braver/Cross-Slash/Omnislash were viable skills. Everything else was too weak. Climhazzard would be better with a better hit %, range, and/or speed. Reason being, if I'm already that close to a mage, I might as well just kill them with a physical attack. Anyway, even with just those 3 skills though, Cloud felt a little OP. Move+3 and Swiftness, he just wrecked everything... with the exception of the last few floors of Midlight's Deep.

Probably have more thoughts, but it's getting late. Would love to hear what changes you have planned for future patches, if any! And once again, thank you for your hard work on this!

jundaddy.liu1@gmail.com

Hi Eternal! I love your mod, your passion for the game and attention to detail really make it shine.

Could you share with me the numbers on how class stat multipliers were changed - if any? Same with the numbers on changed class growth rates. Is there some way I can check for those values?

Thanks so much. I look forward to digging deeper into the game. Your mod really changes alot - but from a very relatable perspective that I admire.

Ivalice4Life

Alright im at ch4,just stole all genji equipment. So my question is wtf is confuse supposed to do exactly??Enemies get confused and still act like nothing happened. Still walk up and attack me like everything is normal but when my people are confused,they heal the enemy,waste an item on my people or just do something stupid...why??
BANNED

Eternal

@Jundaddy: Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town for the last few days! Thank you so much for your post. I'm glad you enjoyed everything. I really tried hard to make FFT more balanced while staying true to Vanilla and not changing more than necessary. As far as stat changes are concerned, I have to be honest and say your best bet is downloading the FFT Patcher and just looking it up there. I made this mod a while back and I don't immediately have the stat changes documented anywhere. I would appreciate any feedback- positive or negative- that you have while you continue your playthrough. Feedback helps tremendously!

@Ivalice4Life: Confuse randomizes a unit's actions, so you're just being hit hard by the RNG.

Ivalice4Life

This bastard bremondt is literally blocking my way to deep dungeon for about a week now,specifically the dark dragon 1 hitting everybody. My team is 55-56,i steal masamune and all of bremns stuff then out comes the dragon with more then 3k hp refusing to go down......Velius was no problem but wtf is this seriously??and the knight skills only have a 12% of hitting....how do u deal with this guy
BANNED

Eternal

There are a few tips to beat Bremondt's Dragon form. The first is to take a deep breath and realize that his most threatening skills are of easily nullifed/absorbed/resisted elements. First, keep units spread out on the field. That way, if you have bad luck and his skills hit, you'll only lose one unit instead of many. It may also be worth using elemental resistance items. Soulbind can also be threatening, but it mostly serves to make him more of a tank than usual. Bremondt also has 10 Faith in his Dragon form, making him susceptible to Marach's skills if you feel so inclined. Using things like Haste and Shell + Arcane Defense helps immensely! He's basically designed to be a giant tank (like Yiazmat), but he can kick some ass if not properly dealt with.

DrWolfnstine13@mail.com

March 20, 2016, 08:14:45 am #273 Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:52:48 am by DrWolfnstine13@mail.com
I just started playing this mod for the first time and love it so far, feels quite well balanced and I like the changes so far. I wanted to make a post in regards to Onion Knight though, I am having an issue where it doesn't let me use the ability Seraph Song. I learned it for my Onion Knight but once battle begins I can't make use of it, only Cyclone and Rend MP show up.

Update: Not sure if this helps but I learned those two abilities with other jobs for that character NOT with the Onion Knight job, so maybe it's only letting me use abilities that I have learned on the other jobs?

Eternal

Thanks for giving KO a try, Wolfenstein! Onion Knight skillset issues are a known bug, and I really have no way of fixing it, so they'll likely be losing their skillsets in the next update, which should be coming out within a month or so. Let me know what other feedback- good or bad- you may have since I'm preparing for an update and would like to make all the fixes that I can!

DrWolfnstine13@mail.com

Well I have only made it to the end of chapter 2, so far it's been tough but not quite the multiple punches in the balls that Drbretto's 1.3 mod was when I played through that. The levels I have played thus far have certainly kept me on my toes, frankly the monsters more than the human fights, in the wrong combo the monster fights can kill you right quick, but they never felt impossible. Too bad about the Onion Knight, I really liked the idea of having it be more useful, as in vanilla it was worthless to me, and a low lvl mp restore like Seraph Song would have been immensely helpful, since dancer takes forever to unlock. So far all I can say is keep up the good work, maybe give Ramza something cooler than his current job? It always bugged me that his whole family and best friend all became uber knights with cool skills, and yet Ramza didn't pick up any of them along the way? I know he gets some unique squire stuff, but that's just not as cool as his brothers sword skills. Also I don't know if this is even possible but I always thought it would be cool if Boco could learn abilities from other monsters by getting their crystals when they die? Then he might be more than a character who just sits on the sidelines crapping out other more useful choco's.

Eternal

Yeah, I was really hoping to make Onion Knights similar to FFV Freelancers, but that's apparently not gonna happen. :(

The purpose of Kind Of is to rebalance the game without really changing it from Vanilla too much. Ultimately, one could play KO and not know it wasn't Vanilla FFT without looking at mechanical changes. To that end, changing Ramza and Boco's job won't be happening anytime soon.

MrNumberSix

First, my congratulations for the great work with this rebalancing, really enjoying it :)
Allow me to nitpick a few things that I've noticed, however:

-Not sure if it's intentional, but monsters can be a real pain early on.
-The panther's animations while activating the "Vigilance" skill are pretty glichy.
-The goblin's spin attack has too much reach, IMO.
-Something that bothers me, and I know a lot of mods do this, is level scaling every enemy from the story missions to your level. I think this takes away the entire point of a level system in a RPG. What is the point of gaining a level to become stronger, if the enemy also gains this same level and also becomes stronger? Story mission should have set levels for the enemies. Perhaps you should balance it to be a little harsher than vanilla, but level scaling can have a TES: Oblivion effect of making the game harder as you "get stronger".

I know I sound kinda harsh, but belive me, I really like what you are doing here, and hope you keep up the good work.

Eternal

Thanks for the reply! I'll address each of your concerns as best as I can. I'm hoping to release an update in the near future, but it probably won't address these points, per se.

-Monsters being a pain early on is a tough thing to manage. As you've noticed, monsters are buffed now, for two reasons. For one, I want to make fighting them feel like you're fighting legit enemies instead of just a random battle. That said, there are lots of easy ways to handle them as you learn more skills. Getting a Black Mage and a level one spell helps a lot. The second reason being that you can tame them and use them and I want them to be useful from a player's perspective, which they really weren't in Vanilla.

-I'm aware of the Vigilance animation bug. It's not something I can easily fix, and it's purely cosmetic, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

-Goblin's Spin Punch was given that buff to match the Monk's Cyclone attack change, but it's superior in that it ignores allies, which gives them a unique gimmick that was similar to Vanilla Iaido. Recruit one for yourself and see! :)

-Level scaling was done to make battles more interesting without the player having to worry so much about level. In Vanilla and mods that simply increase level, level either doesn't matter at all (because you outlevel the enemy), or you have to grind to match their level to progress. With level scaling, the odds are fair, and strategy means a lot. In terms of a reason to level, stat growth is very much a thing and matters a lot with how you grow your units.

I hope this helps!

PiotyrHB

looking forward to trying this after you next update! Might as well wait since you said you should have it out in the next few monthes :).