• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:24:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Has anyone used the flood effect from battle garrison as a spell effect ?

Started by Tony75, April 07, 2015, 05:13:26 pm

Tony75

• Modding version: WotL

Jumza

It displays but it's huuuuuge and looooong (and always displays in a set spot on each map, instead of on a target). Definitely not appropriate for a spell. Off the top of my head, I know the Geomancers Water geomancy spell (Aqua Ball? idk) will display on multiple targets given the chance,  so it'll work for an aoe water spell.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

That effect particularly wouldn't work well because it can't display damage.

I know someone has removed leviathan from the leviathan effect to just get a water spell that wasn't a summon... not sure where the hell that is. Thing is, it would be pretty useless to you unless you figure out how to replace Effect files in WotL. Never heard of such a thing done by anyone.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful