• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help and General Questions

Started by Cheetah, September 12, 2009, 04:58:11 am

Pope

December 06, 2009, 03:51:50 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pope
Yeah, I had the same problem. They know of it now. Not sure when something will be done about it. Now that you are a member of the forum, you can download it from this thread:

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3659

You have to be signed in to see the file.

Ronin

December 06, 2009, 04:17:20 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Ronin
So I needed to be logged-in to download. Well, that explains a lot.

Thanks.

Xifanie

December 06, 2009, 07:58:45 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Geez, thanks for pointing that out. I never knew about it, and neither was it meant to be that way. I fixed all the forums and now anyone should be able to see/download from any forum.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pope

December 06, 2009, 04:42:00 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pope
Very nice. Responsive administrators please me. :)

Poco Loco

December 10, 2009, 04:30:11 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
I was wondering can I patch this with FFT 1.3?

and if I can which would be the best order to do it in?
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

philsov

December 10, 2009, 09:01:55 am #25 Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:38:35 am by philsov
not directly, no.

.ppf files only work off CLEAN images. A tainted image that's already been patched with a ppf, subjected to another ppf, is going to have a metric asston of errors.

The best thing you can do is just download the 1.3easytype:complete patch atm -- the advanced text edits this game has makes them rather... untransferrable otherwise unless you have some more advanced tools.

There will still be some sprite flubs and minor graphic glitches, and you miss out on the vormav 1v1, but you keep the PSP script with the 1.3 gameplay
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Poco Loco

December 15, 2009, 10:33:43 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
ah I see, thnx man I'll look into that
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 02, 2010, 11:41:34 am #27 Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:40:13 am by Pickle Girl Fanboy
I think I already asked this before the Great Deleting of 2010 (3-29 Never Forget), but can I use your patch as the base for another patch, which is nothing but gameplay changes?

By can I, I mean two things:
1.  Is it possible to do it without bugging it up?
and
2.  May I?

And Poco Loco, Dr. Rockzo always stutters on the letter C.
C-c-c-cocaine!

Cheetah

You can totally use FFT:C as a base, that was one of the main reasons it was created. If you just work off of this to begin with there is nothing you could do that would break it that wouldn't break a clean FFT ISO too. You just can't apply other patches on top of it, like 1.3 or Mercs. Make sense?
Current Projects:

Timbo

Could you by chance open an iso of FFT 1.3 with FFTPatcher and then use FFTPatcher to directly patch an iso of FFT:C?  It seems like a quick and dirty way to get the skill changes from 1.3.  Of course you'd have to change the sprites and text manually as well, but hey...

Would that work?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Thanks.  I already opened up an ISO patched with FFT: Complete.  FFTPatcher works fine, but I haven't tried fftactext yet.  The only problem I can see is fftactext bugging up, because I intend to change the equipment and the equipment descriptions.

Oberon

when i tried doing the fftactext on the patch. it freezes when it get to WLDHELP.LZW. Could I jus copy and paste most of the stuff from the FFT:C and extract the TEXT.EXT file and import it to another ISO without any problems?

Cheetah

Opening FFT:C with TacText should make it completely editable. The problem is likely that we used a slightly modified version of TacText the fixed some bugs that aren't fixed in the current public version. I will talk to Melonhead about it.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Hey has the fftactext issue been resolved? seeing as one of the reasons this patch exists is to be a new starting point for new patches, a standard fftactext is incredibly important.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!