• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:19 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final check for bugs before tournament

Started by FFMaster, December 30, 2011, 06:59:17 am

Avalanche

Today when i was running some testings with arena i noticed a very funy bug (not sure if actualy a real bug)

i had a oracle with beguile charming a mime. After the Mime got charmed he copied the beguile and charmed the oracle. So my Oracle was charmed but stil acting as if she wasnt charmed. Because she was charmed by a unit on her own team.

Celdia

...I can't think of any way to describe that phenomenon that isn't confusing to read and I just tried to type it out like 5 different ways. So I'll just go with this:

That is perfectly normal.

You should try to find a patch that lets you Charm your own units. The AI just takes them over like you'd charmed an enemy. Since this is already all AI controlled you won't see any difference in how THEY act. (Oh..that wasn't so confusing sounding...) No idea if your ally units will treat them differently though. Only thing I can think of it that your ally units will go further to avoid hitting them with damage-effects because they won't want to break the Charm effect but the AI should already be trying to avoid hitting ally units with damage. Of course, sometimes it judges the ends to justify the means on that...all in all, its probably such a rare occurrence that it doesn't need to be addressed.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Wiz

Too lazy to point it out until now, but the descriptions for Esuna and Stigma Magic shouldn't list Berserk since Berserk's now only cured by Refute.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Fanatic

I think the description for Sunken State needs to be fixed. It says HP damage. This is not so.

I am testing a prototype team that use the Lore skill to deliberately hit its own members in order to trigger reactions. Alas, Sunken State does not trigger [even when brave and faith are set to 100] (although Speed Save, PA Save, and MA Save do). Is this intentional to prevent just such a team concept?
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

formerdeathcorps

April 15, 2012, 06:52:51 am #64 Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:03:59 am by formerdeathcorps
Sunken State is triggered by Countergrasp.

A real bug would be that awareness negates the evasion bonus on the second weapon.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Fanatic

Cheerfully withdrawn. I'm just never sure what is changed and what is. Wasn't sure I could entirely rely on the BMG.

...So, short of mimes, no self-triggering sunken state.
...Mimes...

Barren

Another bug Dol and I just talked about is that Refute cancels casting/performing. It shouldn't be doing that
You dare cross blades with me?

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Barren on April 18, 2012, 11:04:37 am
Another bug Dol and I just talked about is that Refute cancels casting/performing. It shouldn't be doing that

Are you sure that's even a bug?  To be honest, I kind of like that effect.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Fanatic

Its only fair. After all, Charm cancels it, why not do the same for something that cancels Charm?

Barren

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on April 18, 2012, 03:04:31 pm
Are you sure that's even a bug?  To be honest, I kind of like that effect.

yea but we already have sinkhole and throw stone for it. You sure having refute doing the same is a good idea?
You dare cross blades with me?

Fantactic1316

Magic Guns seem to bypass the "Unyielding" support skill. The damage prediction window displays 20% reduced damage, but even when a Tier 1 spell fires, it does regular damage, higher than the prediction. (Note: This may only be with the Blaze Gun.)
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

formerdeathcorps

Just like Overwhelm messes up Geomancy, Unyielding messes up the display.  I'm sure it's bugged somewhere, but I'm not quite sure why.

Avalanche

i have a Ninja with quickening, he has enough mana, but he never uses it, in no situation.

Dynablade

even on maps where you're really far away from the enemy initially?
if so that's weird, but i'm pretty sure that if they can take an action that could kill an enemy on the first turn they'll do that over buffing/restoring a petrify (as that recent battle with mucus' team showed)

AeroGP

As Barren mentioned to me once in chat, it may be that AI is trying to preserve CT. It especially makes sense when the AI is hasted and wants to quickly reach a target it can easily KO.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Avalanche

No this is no ct issue, i have 2 units with quickening one always uses it when it has time to do, my second is NEVER using it, and i tested it alot
in 10 matches unit one used it 30 times.
in 10 matches unit two used it 0 times.

Fantactic1316

Remove unit two's gear, any movement abilities, and any ranged attacks, then test him again. Quickening takes a pretty low priority if the unit has other options available. This is especially true when the AI sees anything available that it classes a kill shot (high damage, dead, petrify, death sentence). If he sees a squishy that he can OHKO, he's probably gonna do everything he can to get to that squishy as fast as possible. The AI would rather pass a turn without an action, so that it starts with more CT, making the next turn happen sooner. In the short term, this is more effective than using Quickening. It can receive one additional CT on each tick, or it can start the immediate next round with a ~two-tick lead. If there's anything the unit is in a hurry to do (typically kill shots), it will choose Wait over Quickening, as the action that will make the next turn happen faster.

tl;dr - Nerf his strength, nerf his move, put him on a large map. If he still doesn't use Quickening, then it's a bug. If he does use Quickening, then it's AI priorities.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Avalanche

I pretty sure its a bug.
I tested it on big maps where he needs 3 turns to reach enemy.
I tested in situation where the only remaining units was charmed.
I tested it in situations where the ninja was in critical.

and i think i remember once my draw out bard had the same problem, he didnt use muramasa (the healing draw out [i tend to get confused with all the mura/masa/same/mune]. I dont know how i fixed it but at some point it worked again.

Fanatic

I experienced an ACTUAL bug, so I thought I'd post it.

The in game help for the Chaos Blade wouldn't display. Further, when I backed out to the main formation screen after trying to see it, all text on the formation screen was really wonky, and stayed that way until I went back to the world map and re entered the formation screen. As bugs go, this is minor, but I'd thought I let you all know.

Eternal

It probably broke the text limit. Same thing happened with the Night Killer in Kind Of.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817