• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:02:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena Team Battle

Started by formerdeathcorps, November 19, 2014, 10:25:21 am

formerdeathcorps

November 19, 2014, 10:25:21 am Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:41:12 am by formerdeathcorps
RULES:
1) Each team will have 4 players chosen at random from the eligible players.  Once a team has formed, the teammates will discuss amongst themselves their unit order.
2) Each player can submit only 1 Arena valid unit.
3) After submissions are in, each participant is then randomly paired with 3 other participants to form a team.
4) The JP cap appies.  The 2-of-a-kind limit for equips and skills does not because there is no way to enforce that without affecting the randomness of the team selection process.  (The alternative of selecting teammates first and then making units is too susceptible for collusion as stronger players can make units for more inexperienced teammates.)
5) The tournament will be in round-robin style with 4-6 rounds.
6) WE need not include this rule, but I think it would be more fun if we did.  After each round, losing teams may choose one player on their team to modify their submitted unit.  Unit substitutions can only be done once or twice per team per tournament.  (I'm not sure yet which would be better).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

silentkaster

This sounds like a lot of fun :)

IDK what I'd want to post yet but if this is a go, I'll gladly participate.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Dokurider

Hurricane
Male
Serpentarius
Monk
Steal
HP Restore
Martial Arts
Move +1
FS Bag

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
Germinas Boots

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Heretic

Andante49

November 21, 2014, 12:07:25 am #3 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:22:58 am by Andante49

Erana
Female
Serpentarius
Oracle
Summon Magic
Absorb MP
Unyielding
Move-HP UP
P Bag

Black Hood
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Dispel Magic, Sleep
Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle

What's the minimum number of players you're looking for? Maybe allow multiple independent entries if there aren't enough players?

formerdeathcorps

November 21, 2014, 02:08:47 am #4 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:41:00 am by formerdeathcorps
You need a minimum of 8 players to have a 3 round game with one substitution per team.  If we allow 2 substitutions, we can have up to 5 rounds with just 8 players and 2 teams.  Ideally, though, we should have at least 6 teams or 24 players.

I'll give this thread a week from today.  If we don't have 8 members by then, we'll use the following rule modifications:
1) Each team will have four 2 players chosen at random from the eligible players.  Once a team has formed, the teammates will discuss amongst themselves their unit order.
2') Each player can submit only 1 2 Arena valid units.
4') The JP cap applies.  The 2-of-a-kind limit for equips and skills does not.  Each player must obey the 2-of-a-kind limit on equips, but each team does not have to obey the 2-of-a-kind limit on equips or skills because there is no way to enforce that without affecting the randomness of the team selection process.  (The alternative of selecting teammates first and then making units is too susceptible for collusion as stronger players can make units for more inexperienced teammates.)
6') WE need not include this rule, but I think it would be more fun if we did.  After each round, losing teams may choose one player on their team to modify 1 of their submitted unitsUnit substitutions can only be done once or twice per team per tournament.  (I'm not sure yet which would be better).  EAch player on each team is allowed one substitution per tournament.

Sixe
Male
Aquarius
Squire
Item
Abandon
Attack Up
Move-HP UP
Tactician's Blade
Genji Shield
Black Hood
Brigandine
Power Wrist

Accumulate, Bullrush, Throw Stone, Heal, Wish
Hi-Potion

We should get the RPers involved.  This really has the feel of a battle RP.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

FFMaster

This is going to cause so much rage, but we need more players.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

reinoe

November 27, 2014, 01:24:36 am #6 Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:45:52 pm by reinoe
Goddess M.
Female
Serpentarius
Mediator
Draw Out
Abandon
Unyielding
Move-HP Up
Repel Knife

Thief Hat
Brigandine
Cherche

Mimic Daravon
Kiyomori, Masamune, Bizen Boat
My dreams can come true!

CT5Holy

Punch
Male
Serpentarius
Mime
Ninjutsu
Speed Save
Two Swords
Move-HP UP

Barbuta
Carabini Mail
Defense Armlet

Kagesougi, Tsumazuku
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Jumza

Hartman
Male
Serpentarius
Paladin
Snipe
Damage Split
Equip Ranged
Warpath
Silencer
Genji Shield
Diamond Helmet
Diamond Armor
Bracer

Nurse, Transfusion
Seal Evil, Execute
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

silentkaster

James
Male
Virgo
Thief
Basic Skill
Counter Flood
Two Swords
Move-HP UP
Hidden Knife
Ancient Sword
Black Hood
Secret Clothes
Chantage

Steal Heart, Quickening
Heal, Wish

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

The Damned

(The lack of mages in here hurts my nonexistent soul even if it's understandable.)

Perhaps you should let this go another week or at least to the end of November, formerdeathcorps. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving myself, but I imagine a lot of time was eaten up this week by people traveling for it and generally spending time with others (or being forced to work overtime for those who did).

Up to you though, especially since this time, Thanksgiving weekend isn't over until the end of November anyway.

Shamaness
Female
Gemini
Wizard
Summon Magic

Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Faith Rod

Golden Hairpin
Light Robe
Defense Ring

Nether Bolt, Poison, Frog, Death
Moogle, Fairy, Odin, Carbunkle
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

TrueLight

Cindy
Female
Pisces
Time Mage
Draw Out
Damage Split
Overwhelm
Float
H Bag

Black Hood
Wizard Outfit
Genji Gauntlet

Bizen Boat, Murasame, Masamune, Chirijiraden

formerdeathcorps

I count 11 submissions as of today.  We just need 5 more submissions and I'll give this thread one more week.  If not, we'll use the doubles-submission rules based off the first 12 entries.

Kurosabes

Titania
Female
Aquarius
Dancer
Ninjitsu
Auto Potion
Equip Ranged
Fly
Windslash Bow

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
108 Gems

Witch Hunt
Meiton, Kagesougi

___
End

If I could figure out what I'm doing wrong with the Meiton formula... can't be normal that I end up calculating over 1 million damage right?
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Reks

December 08, 2014, 09:14:05 pm #14 Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:19:15 pm by Reks
Finally got around to it.

Toyed with the idea for a bit, and I like it.

Gray
Male
Cancer
Squire
Talk Skill
Dragon Spirit
Unyielding
Move-HP UP
Tactician's Blade
Aegis Shield
Thief Hat
Brigandine
Cherche

Heal, Wish
Blackmail, Mimic Daravon

• Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

December 09, 2014, 01:47:01 am #15 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:09:25 am by Shintroy

Dharok
Male
Taurus
Geomancer
Punch Art
Dragon Spirit
Two Hands
Warpath
Slasher
Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Salty Rage

Kamaitachi, Hell Ivy, Waterball, Carve Model, Local Quake, Blizzard, Quicksand
Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

My Mime
Male
Cancer
Mime
Punch Art
Damage Split
Equip Ranged
Pilgrimage
Blaze Gun

Grand Helmet
Black Robe
Setiemson

Chakra, Stigma Magic, Revive, Secret Fist
Some day my people will be free.

Andre

Hello, I am a big fan of fft, have played some hacks but I'm still inexperienced in this, me and my friends here in Brazil would like to know how the Arena works, I understand little English (enough to not get lost), I saw several threads with instructions, including the Master Guide, understand the rules and everything was there posted but not quite all, do not know if I did not look right or did not pay atenção.Enfim, want to know if the Arena is online, how do I play with or against someone, I move on ppf o matic, common emulators (epsx), want to know if there is a tutorial about what to do after I ride my team excel, if I have to fix this information somewhere as in fftpatcher , or other programa.Sou really newbie in this, only know how to play and set up emulators, fix hacks, and I'm learning to move in recently fftpatcher and other programs that envolvem.Se case you have pasciencia to give me this information I will be grateful , enjoyed this page and already divulged.
Perhaps the Arena is stopped for a moment, even if they are not organizing anything, I just want aprender.Obrigado for attention. :mrgreen:

Malroth

January 15, 2015, 03:19:29 am #17 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:50:32 am by Malroth
for casual play you don't even need the game,  just have 2 people write up teams and ask the recorders to put them against eachother.  However if you want to run things yourself,  First you need a PS1 emulator and an ISO of the game,  since the only legal way to have these is to rip the game disc to an ISO yourself obtaining these things will remain beyond the scope of the thread.  Once you have your ISO and working emulator,  Copy your ISO and dowload PPF omatic and the arena patch.  PPFOmatic should be able to apply the Arena Patch to your ISO without much trouble,  open the game and the Intro screen will have changed if the patch was successfully applied. To run matches You can either use the Excel spreadsheet included with the FFT arena Patch to create new teams then generate a Memcard file with those 2 teams ready to go  or use FFTastic to generate a save game of generic units of the correct Fury/Faith/zodiac/gender then use the Formation screen in the game to customize them to your liking.

Once this is working,  have both players write up their teams in the spreadsheet,  export a Memcard with the two teams,  load in your emulator,  choose a map and let the AI do its thing. You can use the Formation screen to make last minute tweaks if you want but the battles are 100% AI controlled to ensure a level playing field.

Edit: Might as well write up my unit while I'm at it

Kali
Female
Serpentarius
Chemist
Black Magic
Regenerator
Maintenance
Pilgrimage
Main Gauche

Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Nether Fire, Bolt, Frog, Death

Kurosabes

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, not jumping to conclusions too fast here but a post on an archived topic makes me believe that fdc might not be able to do this. I don't frequent the chat rooms so I don't really know for sure, I know a lot of the activity happens on there... so I'll just leave it at that.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Elmdork

March 09, 2015, 11:38:52 am #19 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:55:53 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Crystal Viper
Female
Pisces
Oracle
White magic
Damage split
Defense up
Move mp up
Octagon rod
Black hood
White robe
Setiemson
Petrify
Cure2, Raise2, wall, esuna

Trust me, you want one of my tanky oracles on your team.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor