• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:12:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

Eternal

For those interested, the next update comes with the WotL Slowdown Fix included. No extra steps needed!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Sain

And when will that be? :mrgreen:

Gotta say I'm enjoying it so far with the exception of "Master Teleporter" Orran jacking all my ninja crystals.  It doesn't really feel more difficult but still allows the enemy units some leeway with my patience. :)

Eternal

Tonight, actually. It doesn't have the Trials/new DD battles yet, but it will have bugfixes and other small things.

EDIT: Not poaches. Those are up-to-date already.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

And updated!

The changes are the following:
-Slowdown fix included with the .ppf, meaning you can just patch your ISO and the slowdown will be gone. No need to mess with other files.
-Reis' skillset is fixed.
-Mastered Onion Knights are no longer Inviteable (to fix a bug).
-Balthier has reclaimed Plunder Weapon.
-Aliste/Bremondt should now put up a better fight.

Special thanks goes out to Archaemic for helping me fix the slowdown in the ISO I used to make the patch!

Eternal

I'm adding the multiplayer battles to DD as we speak. Expect an update sometime later this week!

Sain

And I'm probably finishing chapter 3 tonight.  I was just thinking a couple hours ago that I may need to take a break if you can't get those in by the time I get there and then I get home and BAM!!  DD in progress.  You are too good to me!  Many thanks! :D

Eternal

Sain

Really enjoying it.  Its a bit more streamlined because of the higher learning percentages on crystals.  I don't have to waste so much time doing random battles (although I'm looking forward to it in chapter 4).  I've noticed that only generic units can do the propositions and have assumed that to be a limitation of the PSP version but I don't really care.  Having a Defender on Agrias in chapter 3 is a tad broken but otherwise I have found the majority of the story battles to be better than they were.  They aren't necessarily difficult but they are definitely more obnoxious at times.  I very much enjoy the better distribution of classes among the story battles.  I always hated that you NEVER see some of the advanced classes in vanilla story battles.

There have been a few things that irked me, but most of them are so minor that I can't remember off the top of my head.  Orran was a bit annoying with his Master Teleportation (stole all my ninja crystals) and I feel like I just ripped through the chapter 3 Orbonne Monastery sequence of story battles but all and all its been great!  The thought of chapter 4 has me very excited! :D

Btw, do you have the growths for the classes listed somewhere?

Eternal

July 09, 2012, 06:58:15 pm #48 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:39:53 pm by Eternal248
I don't have a Master Guide, but I can give you growths/multiplier data if you want. What job's data did you need?

EDIT: Also, DD's done. I'm inserting the Trials now.

Sain

I guess specifically, I'm interested in any changes to speed growth you may have made.

Also, a question about your insertion of the multiplayer battles.  Are the multiplayer items going to be available somehow (stealing?) or is that not possible?

Eternal

Sadly, multiplayer items aren't doable just yet. As for speed, it's largely the same as Vanilla.

Eternal

Updated to the (hopefully) final version- 2.1. This includes the PSX Trials, Multiplayer Battles imported into Midlight's Deep, and the ability to purchase any type of item at any town.

Any update from here out will either be bugfixes or small balance tweaks. Still iffy on Choco Esuna, so that may be nerfed in the future, but we'll see. Enjoy!

I should note that Trials are a bit different now, but only a little. The Mount Germinas Trial is Dark Knights instead of Ninja as it is in the PSX version. The Ninja Trial is now in Midlight's Deep.

Sain

Awesome!  Thanks man.  Working through the beginnings of chapter 4 right now and can't wait to see all your work in the end game battles.

Btw, picked up Rapha and Marach and I just wanted to let you know that they didn't have their respective Calculator and Ninja jobs unlocked.

Eternal

The Trials should be unlocked from the start of Chapter IV, but I make no guarantees on that. Are you sure they didn't join with Calc/Ninja unlocked? It seems to be marked properly in the editor.

Eternal

To-do list for a possible small update this weekend:

-Nerf Choco Esuna
-Reduce Lionel Gaffy's Brave by 30ish.
-Change Pummel's formula slightly.

Anyone have anything they wish to add?

Sain

Innate Doublehand for Samurais.  This is driving me crazy.  I've been thinking about this for a while today and can't figure out why the developers didn't do it themselves.  Compared to Ninjas, Samurais get the shaft.  They are slower, have worse movement, worse gear options and worse ability options if you want to Doublehand because you have to give up attack boost/safeguard/poach/whatever.  Lets not forget the glaring fact that its a PA based class with a MA based skillset.  Ugh.  Granted, its a pretty good skillset.  Plus Katanas run off of Brave which can no longer be raised, right?  It just seems like Samurais have too much going against them NOT to give them an innate Doublehand.  Besides, have you EVER used Doublehand?

Unless you've made some extensive changes to end-game heavy armor, their skillset damage formulas or their multipliers/growth rates, I can't see the justification for not giving it to them.  Maybe you've made changes to them I don't know about but I feel they are lackluster, more so with Iaido affecting teammates.

Off the top of my head, the only other problem with a skill that I have is with Nameless Dance.  The list of debuffs this skill has a chance of applying to an enemy is depressingly short.  It really turned me off of using the class completely but, lets be honest, its not a very good skillset anyway.

Eternal

I'm against Innate: Doublehand simply because of how much it racks up the damage. I wouldn't be averse to Innate: Concentration though, but even that's a bit iffy.

Sain

Oh!  Oh!  Btw, Fire 3 has a radius of 2 instead of 3.

Does it rack up the damage more than dual wielding?

Eternal

Firaga is fixed. Thanks!

Concentrate wouldn't do much for damage, but it'd help Samurai be a bit more reliable for when they inevitably have to get close to enemies and can't use Iaido because allies are near. I'll think about it.

Eternal

I'm playing through KO PSP one last time in an effort to perfect its balance. I'm through Zalmo I now.

The next update will fix a few things and there'll be Monster Trials at Dolbodar Swamp/Bervenia Volcano. Also, expect to see new DD battles using unused sprites, such as Larg, Goltana, Teta, Human Ajora, and Simon!