• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:26:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

gatebuster202

I'll give Truelight a bit to respond then get them up. I've got this down now so, it won't be nearly as long for Round 3.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Mudvayne

Just go ahead and post it and just move forward with the rest of the videos having sound. I don't foresee it being a huge issue.

TrueLight

gatebuster202

@ Tournament Organizers
I'm having issues with the Username for our Arena Account, Someone able to send it to me since I have everything ready now.
I still have the most up to date password.

gatebuster202

August 21, 2015, 11:41:28 pm #144 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:22:37 am by gatebuster202
Alright, I'm double posting for clarity. The Matches are done, I'm linking them as they complete their upload and then reorganizing the playlist. This set of rounds has commentary on Matches 11 and 12. I was experimenting with BGM and it didn't quite work. So, next week I should have mine done much sooner.

Match #6 - Corosar v Truelight https://youtu.be/gej76xE191A
Match #10 Mudvayne v Shintroy https://youtu.be/K4NrS5t7KBU?list=PLOcDxqLMwDs7UzY3zB0Iq0c6c3gp_Cq-2
Match #11 Skiploom188 v StarRacer https://youtu.be/LsjuanOra9k?list=PLOcDxqLMwDs7UzY3zB0Iq0c6c3gp_Cq-2
Match #12 Vigilanti v Dragonblade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMKrWxDez6E&index=9&list=PLOcDxqLMwDs7UzY3zB0Iq0c6c3gp_Cq-2

Edit: AAAANDDDDD DONE!

Very sorry for all the delays, I now know what I'm doing so I can get my sh** together, and I'll be on the ball with future matches.
I've already loaded everything into my memcard for the next round. So my goal is to get BGM on the next run.

Corosar

Wow... m....my luck was horrid in that first round... ahh well... better luck next tourney
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

skiploom188

Wow, skiploom is movin' on. GG StarRacer. Believe me when I say, " I know what you're feeling right now."

I guess the situation resolved by itself. Mudvayne moves forward, and Shintroy got his wish. Case closed?
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

gatebuster202

@ Corosar
Yeah, Sorry Corosar, it was a good run, you need some more sustain in some form. I liked the theme of the ladies, but you needed another support secondary. Or, Draw Out instead. My computer crashed halfway through the first match last night. (Literally my daughter knocked the laptop on the floor). However, it opened the exact same way with the Evasion black Mage running out front and soaking up attacks like water.

Your second fight could have gone either way if you packed a bit more non-evade able summons on everyone. But that revival loop spelt doom. I see potential though. And for a first SCC run you did well.

@Mud and Shintroy I have no idea what happen to your audio. I knew I lost the first match's comments this morning as I was recording yours. But I thought the commentary was there when I produced it. I can always do comments for you guys in the info section or record commentary for both you guys and Corosar v TrueLight.

Shintroy

GGs everyone. I'm definitely going to come back and make a good distribute team when we're back to exhibition matches.
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 22, 2015, 03:07:18 am
@ Corosar
Yeah, Sorry Corosar, it was a good run, you need some more sustain in some form. I liked the theme of the ladies, but you needed another support secondary. Or, Draw Out instead. My computer crashed halfway through the first match last night. (Literally my daughter knocked the laptop on the floor). However, it opened the exact same way with the Evasion black Mage running out front and soaking up attacks like water.

Your second fight could have gone either way if you packed a bit more non-evade able summons on everyone. But that revival loop spelt doom. I see potential though. And for a first SCC run you did well.

@Mud and Shintroy I have no idea what happen to your audio. I knew I lost the first match's comments this morning as I was recording yours. But I thought the commentary was there when I produced it. I can always do comments for you guys in the info section or record commentary for both you guys and Corosar v TrueLight.

Each unit had a theme to it...

Flarebolt had the focus of absorbing and dealing out damage through fire and lightning... by calculation... she would have done more damage through physical attacks not through the spells... had fairy moogle carbunkle

Aquaglaze has the focus of absorbing and dealing damage out through water and ice... had moogle fairy carbunkle

Stygios was originally meant to focus on absorbing and dealing damage through darkness and apply debuffs.. i was stuck between using oracles for debuffs as i consider them anti healing and would fit the theme or using timemage for the demi's which i felt would maybe have been a better choice for countering... he was the only one without revives...

Finally Helious was originally meant to focus on absorbing and dealing damage through holy and apply buffs... definately my more potent powerhouse

in hindsight i should have added a bit more to increase damage or duplicated summons... but the item limits made it much harder for me to get a setup that i wanted to allow for those strengthenings and such.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Reks

Quote from: Corosar on August 22, 2015, 04:56:55 am
Each unit had a theme to it...

Flarebolt had the focus of absorbing and dealing out damage through fire and lightning... by calculation... she would have done more damage through physical attacks not through the spells... had fairy moogle carbunkle

Aquaglaze has the focus of absorbing and dealing damage out through water and ice... had moogle fairy carbunkle

Stygios was originally meant to focus on absorbing and dealing damage through darkness and apply debuffs.. i was stuck between using oracles for debuffs as i consider them anti healing and would fit the theme or using timemage for the demi's which i felt would maybe have been a better choice for countering... he was the only one without revives...

Finally Helious was originally meant to focus on absorbing and dealing damage through holy and apply buffs... definately my more potent powerhouse

in hindsight i should have added a bit more to increase damage or duplicated summons... but the item limits made it much harder for me to get a setup that i wanted to allow for those strengthenings and such.

Theming is fine and all, but don't forget that effectiveness doesn't always go hand in hand with that

So sometimes it's just when to decide to bend the theme for something that's needed to work
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

gatebuster202

@ Corosar.

Cool, I couldn't quite see Stygos, but I get the others. That item limit made us all have to think to get more punch off our units. I still say you did well. See Reks post above this one. I have a friend that still plays Pokemon TCG and has done well enough to get byes for Nationals on bent themes. (The Meta usually destroys themes. To get byes you must play 1st in your region.)

TrueLight

Draw Out Wizard MVP. Dodging all those Petrifys and pulling off those clutch Bizen Boats. Thank you awesome magic evasion. I think what got me the win in round one was her having 9 speed while both of the male Summoners had 8. That slight advantage along with Haste got me a few extra turns in. Good game Corosar.

Dragonblade

looks like my idea didnt work as well as i thought it would in the initial go now i will check out how i do in the losers bracket

Dragonblade

i did much better in the losers bracket which does show there is a chance with it i guess sometimes somebody has an idea that trumps yours

Heroebal

^^ a lot of it is also due to map layout/match ups/luck and other variants. Sometimes the tournament champ would have easily lost to some of the teams that got bumped out on the first 2 rounds of the tournament. It just didn't happen b/c they got lucky enough not to have to face that squad.

Dragonblade

so this was an interesting fun Tournament looks like my team needs tweaking so i will have to make some improvements for next time any thoughts on what to do?

gatebuster202

@ Dragonblade.
You needed better healing. Martial Arts and a PA based Archer, or Draw Out. White Magic was a good choice but needed the MA to make it happen.

A Equip Sword, Draw Out Archer. Add Abandon and Move HP Up, or Teleport. Then Go for Runeblade, Holy Miter, Wizard Outfit. Diamond Armlet for Slow Protection or Red Shoes. I forget if Archers have shields...

Dragonblade

This might be a way to go and i should experiment with it, thank you!

Heroebal

I think the white archer could have used more healing/buffs, I think most of the protect/shells would have landed and wall is always 100%. Archer's have shields but can't be used with the normal bows, just some of the guns and all x-bows except gassy iirc. Also I think coverfire would have provided some AoE help (2-4 times hitting up to 5 units (if they're in the damage panel), so I think you're archer's would have hit between 80~120~160 damage, also I believe coverfire is independent of brave values. But not sure if if the ai would ignore like the silver bow idea in favor of coverfire, so maybe it might disrupt the theme.

I think for the steal unit maybe speed ruin over quickening or maybe some time magic instead for more variety (can haste/slow, disrupt spells with sinkhole, cause stat-personally i feel stop is more devastating than charm and hit more units, charm is easier to fix imo (heal/stigma/esuna/throw stone/any attack/ damage split), don't move would keep the enemy stuck while archer's pick em off form range. You would lose steal accessory but comet can bypass damage absorption/immunity coming from accessories.