• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:08:38 am

Hey all

Started by Akai, March 20, 2009, 10:37:42 pm

Akai

March 20, 2009, 10:37:42 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Akai
Been lurking about for a few months, finally decided to join this community here and see if I can get my hands in some hacking!

I've already an idea, and, really wondering what you all think about it.

Okay, I love how FFTA has different races, but FFT only has humans. Ah, after some thought, I decided it would be very interesting if I replace females with moogles instead! This would mean the end of gender specific items, and each race would only get half of the jobs, but that alone should mix things up a whole heck of a lot! I've already got the trees mapped out.

Sorry if it's primitive looking and hard to understand, but I believe thi adds plenty of variety.

Let me explain the new jobs being added.

1) Mog Knight: Think similar to Monk only with weapons and armor! If you've played FFTA, you'll know them off the bat.

2) Animist: think Mediator with some other improvements.

3) Tinker: Must be good if it requires a lot to unlock, eh? Think Chemist, but the opposite effect! Potions that hurt and cause status ailments! Ever wanted to give Elixirs more of a punch? Here's a job for you!

I plan on replacing the sprites of the females with their respective moogle class and fortunately, I'm a pretty good spriter! Never worked with FFT sprites, so let's hope for the best! I plan on making Mustadio and his dad as moogles so you can have your Gunner class. 'Course plan on improving that Engineer job as well! For an added twist, Marache and Rapha won't be in the same job tree either!

I won't spoil all of the changes I hope to make! Juuuust...really hoping to have help getting this all to work. ^o^;;;

Kokojo

March 20, 2009, 11:02:39 pm #1 Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:26:46 pm by Kokojo
Disregard that, i suck cocks.

Otherwise, welcome, have fun
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

LastingDawn

March 20, 2009, 11:06:45 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm? He's got it exactly on the dot Kokojo, 10 classes for each, 20 classes in all. I welcome this idea greatly! Great to see another person who likes FFTA~ (Very small amount in this community...) but a project like this is welcome! Make sure to post your ideas in the idea thread of the New Projects and if it gets large enough you could get your own topic for it! Best of luck!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

dwib

March 20, 2009, 11:15:35 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
1) You love FFT and FFTA. I like you.
2) You are on to an original and interesting idea, I like you.
3) You claim to be a decent spriter, I like you.

akwikone

March 21, 2009, 12:22:23 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
WELCOME TO FINAL FANTASY HACKTICS, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

welcome, I'm the local lurker

cool idea

Akai

March 22, 2009, 12:29:30 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Akai
Wow, I didn't think I would be accepted with open arms! Thanks!

Quote from: "dwib"1) You love FFT and FFTA. I like you.
2) You are on to an original and interesting idea, I like you.
3) You claim to be a decent spriter, I like you.

1) I played FFTA first, liked it. A little easy, childish story, but excellent job system. I heard so many people praising FFT and scorning FFTA, figured I give it a try. Looking past the absolutely horrid translation, I was completely floored by the gameplay and deep story! Sure, there's bias to the first of a series you play, but FFT is that good a game.

2) Really? I'm surprised no one's caught on! Though never hacked anything before, I'm pretty intimidated on doing what I'd like to do. Any support is welcomed!

3) Claim nothing. An example of my work. Like I said, I've never tried FFT style before, so I hope I can sprite 32-bit 45 degree instead of 16-bit 90 degree.

philsov

March 22, 2009, 10:23:17 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
FFTA sucks!

but WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE all the same.  

Your tree might need a little bit of work once you start working, just fyi.  As it currently stands either "race" will have to take a single stop through bard/dancer (or whatever turn those classes into, you might do some job information swapping to make the true bard/dancer available as a higher teir class) to toggle all the subsequent jobs as male/moogle only.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Akai

March 22, 2009, 10:44:47 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Akai
Already ahead of you, I just didn't feel the need to include my legend in the drawing. "Chemist" is really Bard changed around for the Male flag to trigger and "Animist" is really Dancer swapped around to get the female trigger activated. All moogle jobs require at least 1 "Animist" job level to unlock, so only the moogles get them, and all human jobs require at least 1 "Chemist" job level to unlock, so only humans get them.

Cheetah

March 22, 2009, 01:01:02 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Yep that would be the way around that Akai, good solution.
Current Projects:

Tea

March 22, 2009, 02:41:49 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
I only dislike the fact that it leaves no male/female humans/moogles, unless job change means sex change. Other than that little fact, I like moogles.

Make generics female :>

Akai

March 22, 2009, 11:17:37 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Akai
Well, I do plan on changing the voices of either gender to moogle's kupo like in FFTA, but that leaves the problem of some female uniques sounding masculine or Kupoing. I'm debating whether I should swap the human cry with the monster cry and make all monster sound manly. :-/

Making generics female...then Ramza, Delita, Argus, Cid, and Marache, sound...effeminate? Good for laughs, I'll admit. XD