• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:15:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

Yep, just as I expected. With folks whoring Slow 2 nowadays, I had to come up with a defensive setup that completely shut it down as well as other nasty status (mainly berserk and sleep). Half of Leif's team was shut down, pretty much making it a 2v4, but even with the paladin & mediator negated mostly, his team still put up a decent fight overall. Of course, it didn't help that charm worked its magic at key points, and then once the accessories got jacked, the death sentences started coming. GG.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Leif1991

Guys, I don't know if this is worth announcing, but I can record matches now (finally). I just need to get Camtasia on my computer and I'm set.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Otabo

Oh, ye of little faith in my team setups - they may be unorthodox and strange, but they work when they get the chance to. But LOL @ rounds 2 and 3, though! Wow. Just unbelievable! That comeback in R2, and those charm procs in R3; simply amazing. I was literally speechless, especially R3. Very GG, reinoe.

reinoe

Thanks a lot for the matches Barren.  Very educational.

Our two teams can both win very quickly.   I didn't know Unyielding would lower Murasame.  I'm gonna have to move things around so that she has Defense Up instead.
Round one I lost because of the charms and my Ninja Getting One Shotted too much.

GG DomieV.

I was shocked when I was able to come from behind and win.  That Time Mage is too pivotal.  If she dies then PX's entire team is done for.  Fixed things so that my Lancer has level 6 jump and vertical 4.

gg PXtimefordeath

:shock:

GG otabo.
My dreams can come true!

silentkaster

Will someone do a couple of matches with Thieves Guild? I haven't seen them in action in quite a long time and would be curious as to see what updates I can do with them or should do with them...

Anyone can be my opponent...I don't mind who is chosen. But if you don't want to choose, my suggestions are:

Otabo's 314 Squad
Leif1991's Revenge of the Green Team
CT5Holy's Antimatter

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

If you want to wait until stream day this thursday silentkaster I can do a match with thieves guild for you

silentkaster

I dont think I will be able to make this particular Thursday, unfortunately as I am heading to Virginia to see my niece graduate. If you put the stream on youtube, I could watch it then but just whenever if you dont get to it :)

Barren

Otabo

June 02, 2014, 10:50:06 pm #3409 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:58:30 pm by Otabo
Thanks a lot, Barren for that quad feature.

Still undefeated. Though the AI's decisions were questionable at points (when is it not?),  can't deny that Odd Jessie and Odd Harry did some work. Charms abound. I'm starting to like this team the more I see them in action.

Hmm, I think partially the reason why Frannies lost is because of the maps; my guys died on bad panels making them unable to be revived. That chemist 1v1 was pretty funny, too. And yeah, those thieves ultimately were too fast to keep up with.

Round 2, though - first, the spell sniping from behind the wall, then that ninja! He refused to die! I lol'ed when he got zombied and then targetted with Raise 2; I was like "Ok, he goes down now finally..." Then, boom. Holy Water. Holy crap, this ninja had to be the one to run Holy Water! Anyway, despite the win, I'm considering that to be Sisters's farewell match - at least until next spring. They did good this year, that's for sure. They deserve a break.

Umm...yeah. That was...ehh. PX's team doesn't have any offense besides charm, which is easily negated by this particular team.

Andante49

Springtime? More like Scary Sisters :) I think all my luck with reactions for the next couple months was used up. GG Otabo

silentkaster

Wow, what an awesome match! Really exciting. Pivotal moments in each round that made the winner. GG CT5Holy.

I haven't updated my teams in a while...probably will happen in the next few days. Also, expect a new team from RedWorld since we will be together for an extended period of time in the next couple days :D

TrueLight

Now I feel bad for stealing that last round. Everything was going fine for Winterfractal, then a series of unfortunate events occurred. The Weapon Break on the Archer, the Paladin getting separated and then the missed Raise 2. Talk about getting lucky. GG WF, and welcome to Arena.
  • Modding version: PSX

silentkaster

Otabo

June 10, 2014, 05:40:49 pm #3417 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:50:39 pm by Otabo
Honestly, if nothing else, the only thing that needed to happen for me to win this was for the monk to steal the oracle's accessory, which she very much did. With that said, I can't deny that Isabella was the MvP of this match; she got off those Stigma Magics and hit the Steal Accessories on the oracle. Otherwise, they would have all gotten petrified. Mediators did their job, as usual. Squire though, hmm - even though she ended up being dead weight in Round 2, and yeah she did help with Slow 2's/Don't Move's here and there, I feel that she may need a bit more direct disruption - Silence Song Paralyze or Sleep probably would've been better for her, but I dunno. See, Yin Yang and Time Magic are both strong skillsets; sometimes, it's tough when you have to make a choice between the two, but when you don't want both (I didn't want a Time Magic Oracle/Yin Yang Time Mage; won't work with this particular team). Maybe I'll try her out as a chemist with Yin Yang and see what she does with it. GG, Shadowdragon.

Andante49

The map selection really favored summons and that was all I needed. GG, Zotis.

silentkaster

I updated my teams if anyone wants to do any videos and made a brand new team...with some interesting equips. Ha ha, not necessarily designed to be a great team, but who knows?

Also, I posted my roommate's team that he made for Arena (during the stream). If anyone can do any matches with that, that'd be awesome. I am willing to bet someone a reasonably priced lunch that there is something wrong with the registration emails...there haven't been any new members since Winterfractal...