• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Eternal

I'd say go ahead and give the current version a go. It's very much playable and fun, but it's just different from what I'd do nowadays (it was made years ago, afterall).
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Greenclonk

I would give it a go, but I don't think that it'd be that balanced, considering some of the stronger weapons cost the same as the weaker ones. That might be a small bug that happened on my end.
I made an image that shows some things that I found to be quite weird, I'll add it as an attachment.
I also made a video of it last week, since I planned on let's playing it, I'll put that in a spoiler.

Here is it in Video Form, at around 6:20 I went to the shop.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Bonesy

• Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Jelli

The mods fun but kinda unfair... Really unfair actually, I've been stuck on twisted flows and can't progress.
The only clans that spawn are too strong, the units kill me in 1-2 hits and even if I get a hold theres always someone with infinite items and one unit with a revive/heal ability so I have to somehow focus down three different people which even my strongest unit has to get lucky to kill.
Then in twisted flows the boss just runs and pretty much kills my entire party by turn three with his 'Hit everything' ability, he's immune to sleep and speedbreak so I can't postpone it at all.

I'm thinking I've just screwed myself or something because I picked the wrong classes but now I can't grind to recover and no missions appear to recruit new ones. How the fuck do you progress in this game when the enemies get all the abilities you never get access to? They have infinite items, have life which I can't find a staff for, usually more people, higher numbers all around, and seem to think 90% is more like 10%.
Is it VBA breaking something?

Xid

Hey, first of all thanks for the gg hack. I played ffta the first time when i was 9 years old so it has a special place in my heart. My question is can reaver do morpher stuff since i just started playing but wanted to try morpher aswell? (if not i'll just play the other versions too.)

Quote from: Bonesy on May 11, 2017, 07:14:56 pm
why do people still use VBA
mm... have been using mgba myself seems legit.

dreamtrain

franswaa

Jelli: Try grinding with quests like chocobo help. Another thing that can help out is reducing clan size below 6 and losing a fight- that results in you getting a quest to find a new unit posted by montblanc. Those are great ways to get stronger classes.

Dreamtrain, it's originally gladiator but was changed so it fits better with the bangaa theme.
my name is garrus vakarian and this is my favorite forum on the citadel

SpaghettiCat

Could someone please re-upload the Ability Master Guide that's in the original post? People will be playing this for years to come, so it's worth making the resources last.

I'm trying to figure out why there's no option for my Soldier to change jobs to Fighter, despite having mastered 3 Soldier abilities (I presume I need to get abilities of a specific types).

maxdranzer

Blue Mage Fanatic

Hello!

I know this particular thread might be dead, but I'd like to point out that Evoker's alternate Summon Effects don't work, instead opting for the default Summon Effect. Evokers also take an exceptionally long time to take actions, likely due to conflicting information on the summons.

If you are remaking this mod from scratch, then those are a couple things to keep in mind.

MountainDew~

Do you intend to drop this completely in favor of ffta2? Been getting into this one, just curious.

You are right that your mod for ffta2 is more polished than this one, though, so I can sympathize wanting to just migrate over to 2, building on what you have :p
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

Hey MountainDew! I'm working on completely revamping this mod at the moment- I intend there to be a FFTA GG and a FFTA2 GG. Unfortunately, real life has just been super busy of late, and I've been working on my FFXII mod as well. Thankfully, that one is pretty much wrapped up, so my focus has been shifting back to FFTA2 and FFTA. With the advancement of many tools since FFTA GG first started, we can do things a lot more cleanly than we used to be able to, so I'll be redoing everything to be cleaner and, hopefully, less buggy!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

mimik

Is it done yet? Me and my 3 friends are waiting for it. I hope you don't drop this.

Eternal

Mimik, it's not being dropped. As noted above, I've been working on FFXII and FFTA2 at the moment and I'm actively working on reworking this mod to be less buggy, using tools that have come out since the original release.

Blue Mage Fanatic

If you plan on changing some more Jobs when you pick up this project once more, may I offer a suggestion?

Perhaps you could revamp Hunter or Fighter to a Job focused on dealing increased damage based on the number of Status Buffs or Ailments? It would give more reason to use Ailment Heavy Jobs, along with punishing Buff Heavy Foes.

snowday

Glad to see this project is still being worked on! Had a great time playing through a couple years back. Would love to help out in any way I can.

Eternal

Thanks! It's kinda slow-going right now, but I've been setting up the foundation for 2.0 so I can just get the ground running and really get things knocked out.

I can tell you that perma-death and FFT's KO countdown timer will be appearing in 2.0, so I'm rebalancing things around that. I'm super excited for all of the cool things that have come out in the past few years!

Caerulius

Hi I'm checking this mod out and having a blast so far. Thanks for the hard work! Quick question though, why do so many weapons/armor seem to teach alchemists how to summon ramuh? I'm just wondering if I patched my game wrong or something. Thanks!

Eternal

Hey there! It's unfortunately just an error with the tool I used to edit the game. It should hopefully be fixed when I rework everything. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Blue Mage Fanatic

Hello! Are the Grim Grimoire mods still an on-going project? if so, was a new thread created for them?