• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:30:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] AI Battles topic!

Started by Dome, December 30, 2011, 12:50:22 pm

TrueLight

Jolene will win this fight. Protect + Defense UP will make the Geomancer's physical attack useless and she also has shell, which would reduce elemental. Samurai has more damage in her arsenal (Kiku, Chri). He also only has 50 brave, so its unlikely that damage split is going to save him. Both have Regen (Masamune/Light Robe), but Jolene has Murasame, which means she can negate any damage with a single turn.
  • Modding version: PSX

shoruke

I'm betting on the samurai too.

I loved the ending to that first battle. Ninja was lined up for a FLAWLESS VICTORY, but then NOPE
LOLONEPOINTFIVESHOT

HebrewToYou

I'm going with the geomancer.  Even with the status effects nullified, I think the samurai is at a major disadvantage.

The first fight's ending was hilarious!  Knight FTW!

Dynablade

Damn, this looks to be pretty easy to call.
Samurai, in four turns. Damage split means she'll take a slight beating for dishing one out, but she has an early Wall, then can cast another the second Salty Rage's wears off. She can heal herself, Geomancer can't. The only thing that would make this a win for the Geomancer is status effects, but lol no, Ribbon.

Watch me be wrong, but this looks like a laughably easy win for the Samurai.
Defense UP AND Protect.
Shell AND Move HP Up
Healing AND Masamune (or murasame, whichever one gives her Haste and Regen)

He doesn't stand a chance.

Dynablade

Then there's his brave too, only at 50. If he gets unlucky twice, he's dead.
And when he goes to attack, bam, 55% dodge
well, is Weapon Guard based on Brave? I thought it was always active..

And the geomancer is assuming that the Samurai will go for attacking draw outs, since he is based around negating magic damage. If she just says fuck that and just buffs herself before running in, he will have serious problems.

Joseph Strife

I'm going with the samurai too in this one, her skills seems more efective coz of the ribbon than the geomancer's ones. But we have aegis to worry about... Samurai!

Yay! Knight won! 1 bet, 1 hit! :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

It's awesome to see so much support for this topic!
Just remember two things guys:
1) I always try to make the fights as balanced as possible
2) The AI, sometimes, is VERY stupid

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

shoruke

The AI are devoted followers of the Random Number God, dontcha know. Going all "RANDOM NUMBERS FOR THE RANDOM NUMBER GOD" and using things like Warn and Throw Stone and stuff.

Dome

Remember, do not spoil the result of the fight
If you want to discuss/swear/whatever about the result, please do it under "spoiler"

Dynablade

The AI is fucking retarded. Everything about that lined up in the Samurai's favor, but nope hey instead of healing myself I'm going to attack with >100 HP! im mad as if i put money on this shit

TrueLight

*sigh* 0 for 2 so far :|. Samurai got unlucky with  Masamune not giving her Regen when she really needed it. Maybe I should start picking the underdogs more often.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

The third fight has already been decided, and recorded
HOWEVER!
From now on, I will gladily accept requests!
Ask whatever you want, and I'll probably record it!
But please, don't ask clearly unbalanced stuff like Naked Archer Rafa VS Full DD Gear Orlandu xD

HebrewToYou

Ha!  Right again!  The AI is just too stupid to expect the *right* decision to be made in terms of skillset.  Geomancer magic is just way too simple to get wrong: Fire & Forget.  That and Damage Split sealed the deal.

Request: I would love to see a thief battle -- perhaps versus a Ninja?  I suggest no maintenance on the Ninja and the thief's secondary skill might be Punch Art.

Dome

Thief Vs Ninja Sounds fun
But, give us more info: Support/reactions/items equipped

shoruke

I wonder how well a Lancer would do here. Being the only person on one team and using Jump can really mess with the other AI... but then again, is the lancer AI smart enough to use Jump?
Give the lancer a ribbon, something that grants haste (or lots of speed...), and... maybe white magic? Or maybe Draw Out.

I'm 1 and 1 for the betting. I liked the finisher for that second match too... victory by damage split, heheheh.

HebrewToYou

These may just be naive suggestions, but here's a stab at it...

Thief:

Steal
Punch Art
Critical Quick
Precision
Move+1

Zorlin Shape
<EMPTY>
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Ninja:

Throw
Battle Skill
Abandon
Concentrate
Move+1

Sasuke Knife
Sasuke Knife
Black Hood
Secret Clothes
N-Kai Armlet

What I'm not sure about is how the N-Kai Armlet will affect the damage done by the Zorlin Shape, so please make any corrections/adjustments as necessary.  I'm still a bit hungover, so not thinking entirely straight. ;)

Dome

I'll think about that a little, sounds like a fun fight (Expecially if the thief manages to strip naked the ninja xD)
Anyway, here is the third fight: (Put it in the next post for clarity's sake)

Dome

January 01, 2012, 03:02:40 pm #57 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:11:00 am by Dome
AI fight 3: Male Squire Vs Female Wizard

VS

P.s: Chantage has been edited (No re-raise, it's pointless in a 1 Vs 1)
Death has been removed from the wizard's skillset

HebrewToYou

Wow.  This is a tough one...

I'd say the Squire wins if the crossbow is able to get off the "double-shot" effect once or twice, but otherwise I think it's the Wizard's battle to take.  I'm gonna go with the Wizard.

shoruke

Hmm... I'm going with the Wizard.