• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:15:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Giving another go!

Started by Zetaro, May 14, 2012, 01:14:22 pm

Zetaro

Its been sometime since ive been here and recently i decided to get back into trying to make another sprite. here's what i've done so far. i decided to use the body of the crusader sprite and try putting the head of my sprite on it. so far its going good but its a bit difficult getting my sprites head on there correctly.
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Jon

I'm an ex member of SOLDIER! Erm, I mean I'm a Knight...

Its a pretty good idea, you're not making Cloud because you chopped off his main huge spike of hair, but you need to change that a little as well since I can still clearly see where it was. Are you gonna give him different hair color? Actually this makes more sense than Cloud magically appearing in FFT. And not even in the right clothes at that! Why not have a Knightly version of Cloud? :D
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zetaro

well ive always saw cloud more of a crusader of love. even though he lived in darkness, he never gives up trying to find the light that will release him from the darkness. so i got the idea from that. and yeah i am changing the color of his hair, i was thinking of something a little darker. kinda like chrono's hair color but darker. a crimson color. i really would like to fix the hair REALLY i would but im having trouble getting it right. i will probably fix his hair after i finish editing it. im also changing the color of the armor as well. not sure what though yet.

Zetaro

This is where i first got the hair from but i've fixed the hair as best as i could. i hope to have the other one complete soon.

Taichii

this is actually very good :D
i love the palette recolor too.. anyway..
his hair.. make the top one on the upper left part more smooth :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Zetaro

You mean the one in the corner? the one facing completely left?

Also if i could find someone to do his picture that would be great, considering i stink at doing that lol.

Taichii

no i mean every frame that has te hard hair.. make it smooth and a lil bit rounder..
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

No actually the shape of the hair is totally fine, its the coloring. It looks like you gave the hair a brownish outline which makes no sense (since the sun and light would most primarily be hitting the hair and head). You should make the brown outline the blond color or even a lighter blond 7 white color. Then the sprite would be improved considerably. I might be wrong about the white part, so first try the same blond color like exactly 1 pixel below the "outline". Also, I dunno if it was intended or not, but the red eyes aren't working because its like 1 red pixel and then all black ones. If you want red eyes use the darkest red color, not the lightest. Hope this helps! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zetaro

hmmm i see.....i will try this! :D